• Meh

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Interesting

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
im scared

I thought it started cycling down after the crown was given to the meme's own template, but apparently even that wasn't enough.....

I suppose even Terraria's Twitter decided to get in on the insanity...

Just.....oh my friggin'......guhh. Everything's gone all kookaburra. Normally memes this....specific in nature just don't live this long.

Here's the problem, too many toasters.

i like how wikipedia has better coverage than mariowiki

Eh, someone will eventually enforce the notability standards and order it taken down or merged.

Borp said:
Eh, someone will eventually enforce the notability standards and order it taken down or merged.

Look at the contents though, this thing has gotten massive. The thing is, it's wholly in compliance with the notability standards. Certainly moreso than Kart Fighter and Tuper Tario Tros., both of which were also deemed notable enough.

Just....laissez-faire. It's gonna exist, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

borp is right, though. i don't think the trend is noteworthy for it to be its own article in wikipedia, it's really better as a redirect to its own section in bowser, peach, or new super mario bros. u deluxe articles.

besides, it's a big meme only in this month. the article notes its longevity, but it's literally only been a week or so since it got popular, not even close to it being classified as such.

Can't somebody just, delete the whole thing with a simple edit?

Mcmadness said:
Can't somebody just, delete the whole thing with a simple edit?

It's happened. And it's been undone. And the article's been reviewed and approved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&page=Bowsette

So basically.....that ain't happenin' any time soon, and that's still giving the benefit of the doubt that it might happen later.

This isn't gonna take a regular ol' Turrican suit.

No, we're gonna need a prototype SUPER Turrican for this.

turrican_soundtrack_anthology_booklet_cover_by_mrdream-d73cynm.jpg
(Art by Halil Ural/Mr. Dream)

Yo said:
Thank goodness it's deleted. It gave me the shivers.

Unfortunately the fan art lives on.

It's not deleted. I just checked. It's not gonna be deleted. If that's too much to handle, the best thing to do is to just forget about it. If that's impossible, do the next best thing and just ignore it. This type of weird junk has existed for many years, and it could be ignored then. It still can be, even if it's more up-front.

I don't see how Bowsette is any more notable for Wikipedia then any other standard meme. We don't need Wikipedia to thoroughly cover memes, that's what Know Your Meme is for.

Czario said:
I don't see how Bowsette is any more notable for Wikipedia then any other standard meme. We don't need Wikipedia to thoroughly cover memes, that's what Know Your Meme is for.

OK, when was the last Mama Luigi cosplay convention? When's the last time the artist for a major manga series like One Piece drew Weegee?

Short answer: never. And Wikipedia covers many other memes with actual large impact. They thoroughly cover lots of things, and KYM....doesn't do a thorough job in the long run.

It hasn't had enough of an impact yet. Wikipedia should only have articles for very major memes like Trollface and Pepe, not random fads like this.

Czario said:
It hasn't had enough of an impact yet. Wikipedia should only have articles for very major memes like Trollface and Pepe, not random fads like this.

It's had a massive impact, particularly in Japan. Becoming that insanely popular in such a short amount of time is astounding. There are franchises that have been around for over a decade that haven't gotten even a third of the attention this has, yet have articles.

It hasn't been long enough. I don't think it's gonna last that much longer, and the impact is still entirely localized within the larger Nintendo community. Passing fads don't need entire articles, even if it seems huge at the time. Also, I think franchises are more important to cover than memes.

Czario said:
It hasn't been long enough. I don't think it's gonna last that much longer, and the impact is still entirely localized within the larger Nintendo community. Passing fads don't need entire articles, even if it seems huge at the time. Also, I think franchises are more important to cover than memes.

It's gone well outside the Nintendo community. Well outside. I'll just leave this at "these get their own articles too:"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennuigi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kart_Fighter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Flash
(I've played the latter two in years past, though I only ever played a very very early demo of SSF2)

I'm just confused why Project M gets extensive coverage in SmashWiki.

large following

Back