Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Interesting

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
To be fair, PGP is vaguely justifiable with the Gold Flower.
I'm not saying she should have a separate character slot, though.

Just when you think that things couldn't get any weirder, GameXplain released a video that reveals that Nintendo had a concept idea of Bowser possessing Peach's body in Super Mario Odyssey. This doesn't involve the Super Crown, however, and obviously, Nintendo's concept stays in the kid-friendly boundary level.

MnSG said:
Just when you think that things couldn't get any weirder, GameXplain released a video that reveals that Nintendo had a concept idea of Bowser possessing Peach's body in Super Mario Odyssey. This doesn't involve the Super Crown, however, and obviously, Nintendo's concept stays in the kid-friendly boundary level.

Uh, this was just shown one page back.

Moldomré said:
Uh, this was just shown one page back.

Whoops, guess I didn't take the time to look at the previous pages. But the video itself is still rather new.

Mcmadness said:
The fact that they didn't do it tells me they know it's a stupid idea.
After Meowser?
It's not terribly surprising either considering that Bowser/someone close to him occasionally has an evil version of Mario's gimmick for whatever game.

And Mario rips off a previous move by Bowser in Galaxy 2 with the Rock Mushroom. It all goes around, comes around....

I mean, let's face it, we previously sorta had Super Cackletta Odyssey. And that was weirder than this would have been, at least design-wise.

They could have actually gone somewhere with this potential plot thread, had him try to capture Mario, forcing the player to wrestle back control or play as Cappy alone for a time (like the only worthwhile way to play the Volleyball game past 67 or so points)....buuuut that may have been too mean-spirited. And on-the-nose.

YoshiSan said:
The idea is much more palatable when it isn't all gross and adult.

Most ideas are. Note that the sequence that kicked off this freagin' "Bowsette" meme wasn't "gross and adult" either.

....gotta love Mario's expression on this storyboard page. It's hard to tell if he's more horrified or just plain baffled XD

I'm curious at what point in design this was drawn. It might predate the first commercial, or even the "wedding" plot in general, for all I know.

Koopahime or something.

YFJ said:

I made a note of that on the Bowsette section on the "List of Mario references on the internet" page. It got popular due to the permutations being made. People needed reference. That page coupled with my creating the page was the reason for my weird mood swings earlier where I went between "laughing at mayhem" to "self-loathing at potential corruption" repeatedly.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the internet has taken to "Peachette" the way it has, but that doesn't make it any less cursed.

Uh, Doc, I just determined that you've made 37 posts in this thread and you've made 84 posts on this forum period. I know you haven't posted on the forum a whole lot overall, but over 40% of your posts are in this thread. I think you might want to slow down a bit...

Rather interesting place to start getting comfortable...

This is NOT weirder than the content in the Look at it! Thread.

SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT IN THIS TIMELINE
NljWtrr.png

Back