Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Interesting

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
I suppose it seems many haven't read the wiki page, given the (somewhat infuriating) number of people calling the Super Crown the "Crown Mushroom" or "Princess Mushroom" (despite it pretty clearly not being a mushroom; the spotted area is obviously just velvet made to look like Toadette's cap).

Do you actually think that Bowsette is literally why Nintendo's stock went up because the likelihood of that being anything other than coincidence (on the twitter thread you linked the original poster even noted in the comments that correlation doesn't equal causation and that they just thought it was a funny coincidence) is vanishingly small.

Like, sorry to burst your bubble, but

It's certainly raised widespread interest in the franchise. So there's potentially some minor contribution. Anyways, even if there isn't, so what?

Just another meme. Weegee died eventually, and is now only used in the occasional quick gag in YouTube Poops because it's easy to sentence mix his name. Quite a fr cry from the various bizarre permutations he had back in the day.

This'll be similar, as it's already losing steam, and the artists continuing it have for the most part abandoned the improperly-named "Bowsette" for completely random other things.

Daily reminder that "-ette" is a common suffix for feminine names so the etymology is fine, that especially given that many of the designs after Bowsette aren't even based on Peach that much it would make less sense to affix their names with some permutation of "Peach", that "Peacher" or whatever people were suggesting instead of Bowsette is a bad name, and also that this is America and the 1st Amendment says it's ok to to be horny

Snack said:
this is America and the 1st Amendment says it's ok to to be horny
Koopa-Hime is quite popular in Japan, according to Twitter trends.

Anyways, I got the section written after Porple added in a blurb before "confirmation."

I have, at the very least, finally found proof that Waluigi is best princess. And boy, does he hate it. :waluigi:
So yeah, I got something I didn't really want today.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Anyways, I got the section written after Porple added in a blurb before "confirmation."
Ahem.....

Have fun on the Wall of Shame next to Weegee and Expand Dong! But first, we need to talk about parallel Mama Luigi doing absolutely nothing, because HE has no style!

(Where's the Death Stare reference, you ask? It's my expression right now.)

Nijino Yume said:
The fact that haniwa from Twitter from my country started Bowsette makes me laugh harder about this power up than I could be.

For sure! I am amused and surprised to learn that the artist who created the first ever "Bowsette" (though a misnomer term) is from Malaysia. What a way to become popular.

Though if you think about it, the misnomers can annoy a person of logical thinking. Firstly, there's the back-formation: Peachette is a portmanteau of Peach and Toadette, so Bowsette should logically be a portmanteau of Bowser and Toadette, but the nickname for the fan-made character excludes Toadette so it doesn't make sense. Also, the "Bowsette" image is based on Peach's wedding dress since the comic is based on Super Mario Odyssey (leading to Mario Tennis Aces), but the "Bowsette" fan images used the wedding dress as the default image of the fan-made character (not to mention sexualising said fan-made character).

Thank you for reading.

Fortunately, it can be permutated no further. As one of my weird friends has shown me, the (Jean-Claude van) Damme crown itself has now been changed.

So....it's reached its stupid-yet-logical apex. Time to say goodbye to this silliness. Goodbye, I'd say we hardly knew ye, but I think we knew ye all too well for only a week.

(I really hope I didn't jinx it this time....)

We should be like them...

And not give a shit.

This whole "Powser/Bowsette/Koopa-Hime" business is probably the funniest thing I've seen the internet do in a while.
Then I learned that the Super Mario Odyssey artbook revealed a scrapped plot element that made it even funnier.
https://twitter.com/ninpoapipipi/status/1045639196231098368
Apparently, at one point during development, Bowser had his own Cappy and he would have Captured Peach
You can't make this up. :lol:

We have been bamboozled thusly.

I kinda like Nintendo's design there. Has Bowser's slack-jawed expression and everything. And isn't some pink liquid metal monstrosity.

Here's the pic in all its glory:
DoMPaKuU8AAnnjE.jpg

.....we finally have definitive proof that yes, Nintendo is getting kinkier.

The fact that they didn't do it tells me they know it's a stupid idea.

Czario said:
Nintendo, publicly: No comment.

Nintendo, privately: Hey, they stole our idea! No fair!
In that case, they stole from old DeviantArt submissions first. But IP laws will be IP laws, I suppose....
(Heck I have a friend that joked that the entire reason for Odyssey's existence was Miyamoto being caught looking at weird DA stuff and trying to cover it up by saying it was for "market research.")

FITTING BOSS MUSIC INCOMING:

Mcmadness said:
The fact that they didn't do it tells me they know it's a stupid idea.

You'd think they'd have the same precognition on Pink Gold Peach.....

Peachette is at least vaguely-justifiable.

(Lol this conversation got so sidetracked through permutation, I love it)

Back