Luigi's Mansion 3

Define "HD" please.

Toadgamer said:
It's gonna be the first Luigi's mansion in HD, since the 3 others were on GameCube and 3DS.
There have only been two Luigi's Mansion games, plus the 3DS remake of the first and the arcade port of the second.

Plus, Luigi's Mansion 1 is playable in HD on Dolphin Emulator.

Moldomré said:
I reckon we'll be seeing more mainstream characters this time around besides Toad and Mario. I'm guessing King Boo pulled another letter trick and invited people like Peach, Daisy, even Bowser along for the ride.
That would make sense, especially sense it seams like this game takes place in a hotel, and peach being crossed out in on a piece of presumably paper in a room in the trailer, so I hope that more characters are represented in the game. There is also crossed out papers of mario and luigi, so maybe King boo is trying to capture all of the mario crew in his Hotel? Anyways I am incredibly exited for the game.

I know it won’t happen because it’s Mario, but I would love it if Nintendo went all out and added legit frightening imagery. Something straight out of a Guillermo Del Toro movie.

Not gonna lie, I am fascinated by disturbing things in non horror video games, so I am D O W N!

i'm not going to play a horror game with frightening imagery, much less, in a mario game

Time to dump rambling thoughts in here.

I'm hoping the game is in some really early stages, because its coloring style certainly looks unpolished. Especially Luigi's model, whose coloration just looks off. It's probably chasing off of the visual style that Dark Moon uses, which worked fine for Dark Moon because it's on the 3DS, but on the Switch? Yeah, no, it's kinda ugly there.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-01_at_10.23.49_AM.png

I've heard the pizzas here are a reference to something, does anyone know?

Are they all going to be these generic looking blue gooks, or are these all placeholders for actual ghosts that will be in the final?

Weirdly, the place seems to be rather hotel-based, too. Doors have numbers on them and there are several locations that resemble what you might find in a hotel. Yet, it's also oddly personal...

Also,

Screen_Shot_2018-10-01_at_10.28.38_AM.png

Obviously a music room. Are we going to get rooms with more specific theming this time around? I wonder if we'll get a room on caliber with the observatory from the first game, that'd be pretty sweet.

What is the gooey thing in Luigi's Poltergust? Hrmmm. Also, does the Poltergust have a jetpack?? Hello? And...plungers??

Arlo made a theory about Luigi being trapped in the hotel for this game. What are your thoughts?

Doomhiker said:
Moldomré said:
I reckon we'll be seeing more mainstream characters this time around besides Toad and Mario. I'm guessing King Boo pulled another letter trick and invited people like Peach, Daisy, even Bowser along for the ride.
That would make sense, especially sense it seams like this game takes place in a hotel, and peach being crossed out in on a piece of presumably paper in a room in the trailer, so I hope that more characters are represented in the game. There is also crossed out papers of mario and luigi, so maybe King boo is trying to capture all of the mario crew in his Hotel? Anyways I am incredibly exited for the game.

Wait a minute...takes place...in a hotel? Oh my God! Is Luigi gonna find the word “Redrum”? Is he gonna be seeing Daisy in a dirty tub? Will there be a wave of blood coming from the hallway? Will there be twin girls asking him to play with them?! Will there be a chase sequence in a maze?!

Sorry. Big Stanley Kubrick fan.

Twin girls asking him to play with them?

Exactly... who are those twins you speak of?

The references are flying over my head, but I can take what I can get.

I know it's not me, because Luigi would be a big pain in the ass to live with so I'd rather he didn't stay there forever.

Horror and movies aren't subjects I'm sharp on. Especially when they're put together. Buh.

Soon Luigi will find Bowser having a psychotic episode and it would be like:

“I’m not gonna hurt Mario! I’m just gonna burn his flesh! Burn it right the fuck out! Heh heh. Heh heh.

I'm not sure if deconfirming Daisy and Waluigi by giving colorful Luigis coplay online is a good news. I understand Gooigi's reason to exist, but still.

https://twitter.com/LilBedoop/status/1138495389819121666
Have we ever seen a boo, let alone King Boo, look genuinely angry?
D8zGNyBV4AA2Dlo.jpg

Back