Echo Fighter-specific wants and don't wants

Why not both?

Oh god it's Mario Kart 7 all over again

Grima said:
in the unlikley event Isaac from golden sun gets added, i hope they add felix as an echo fighter as well.

or maybe since golden sun/golden sun 2 are two halves of a full game so they can give isaac half the moves of a regular fighter and the other half to felix :^
Nobody cares about Golden sun anymore.
Except any of the nerds who say they care about Golden sun.
But they don't count

J & Siph said:
Honey Queen as an echo of Ridley

I held back a snort.

A happy snort.

J & Siph said:
Don't want as an echo:
Birdo as an echo of Yoshi
Daisy as an echo of Peach :'(
Waluigi as an echo of Captain Falcon

Do Want:
Baby Mario Bros. as echo fighters(ish) of the Ice Climbers
Maxwell as an echo of Mr. Game & Watch

I agree on all of the "don't"s.

Who is Maxwell? Also, I looked through the Ice Climber moveset and I think it could work. Just replace the ice with fire and or lightning, depending on the character: fire for Mario, lightning for Luigi. That way we can have some M&L representation mixed in.

I'd like to see my edgelord buddy Shadow. I think Blood Falcon as Captain Falcon echo could be possible as well.

Moldomré said:
Who is Maxwell?
Maxwell is the main protagonist of ScribbleNauts. He can create anything using his magic notebook, so he could use all sorts of things as weapons. He's also only 2d in a 2d plane. So I think he can totally work with Mr. G&W's moveset.

Borp said:
..."Prototype Man"?
yeah, as an echo of Megatype Man

anyway, even though crash bandicoot isnt confirmed to be playable or even really hinted at, hypothetically if he were in i'd like to see coco as an echo of him

Just gimme Isabelle.

And this man shall die knowing that I have found happiness.

Since it seems we have Geno, I'm sort of hoping now he'll be an echo of Mega Man. It could totally work check it out:

• Instead of uncharged buster shots, he shoots his fingertips.
  • Instead of Metal Blade, he does Geno Whirl.
  • Instead of Crash Bombs, he shoots his whole fist.
  • Instead of Leaf Shield, he's surrounded by little protective stars.
  • Instead of Rush Coil, he just bounces off a Mario RPG-style trampoline.
  • And for his Final Smash he just turns into the cannon thing instead of teaming up with other characters. Then again, it would be pretty cool if, say, the Star Spirits backed him up for just that move or something.

SiFi said:
Since it seems we have Geno,
WHAT WHERE

Is there something officially announced that I missed or is it just a leak of unknown validity?

Anyway I'd rather him be his own character, echos are usually from the same series and while they may use similar moves, I don't think there was meant to be a connection to begin with

But any way will do, I just think he's worth a full trailer and demonstration instead of part of a short "and here's the new derivative guys" reel.

Fawfultheghost64 said:
SiFi said:
Is there something officially announced that I missed or is it just a leak of unknown validity?
The latter. It's part of a possible leak that a large amount of people believe to be real, but as of yet has been neither proven or disproven.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.
How did I not think of Eggman as an echo for Bowser Junior. I think I did but quickly dismissed it but come on past me consider this:

His version of the cannonball would have the same pattern as the Sonic 1 wrecking ball.
For the side special the Eggmobile gains those monster truck wheels from All-Stars Racing.
When he ejects for a recovery, he has the little jetpack from Sonic CD.
And of course, he dispenses Motobugs instead of Mecha Koopas.

His Final Smash could be (well could have been I know it's too late for now) an echo of Bowser's instead of Junior's, with him getting into the Death Egg Robot and using its telescopic punch from Generations and Mania.

Sadly, doesn't seem like we're getting any new echo fighters.

Czario said:
Fawfultheghost64 said:
SiFi said:
The latter. It's part of a possible leak that a large amount of people believe to be real, but as of yet has been neither proven or disproven.
Late reply, but in massive hindsight this is why we should really take leaks with way more grains of salt than we often do.

I think (I think, but I might be wrong knowing me) Reggie commented after the Joker reveal that all fighters in the DLC are from series never repped by fighters in Smash, so that puts anyone who comes from a series already in Smash is dead...

Hey, SGoW, remember when you said Bandana Dee wouldn't get in?

Just take all the salty tears, bathe in them or something... at least he's a spirit.

You're misquoting. He said characters new to the series, not new franchises to the series.

Now, he did say that they'd be characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to be in Smash, which rules out Bandana Dee anyway.

Yeah, I remember him saying that at least.

Captain America said:
You're misquoting. He said characters new to the series, not new franchises to the series.

Now, he did say that they'd be characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to be in Smash, which rules out Bandana Dee anyway.
its punishment time baby

Mario Party X said:
Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.
Late reply but this. The defect could work in many ways:
1) In character roster the list order could be messed up, as the sidekick/echo is listed above the protagonist.
2) In future Smash title, an echo/sidecick may stay even if the protagonist of his/her franchise has been wiped out, which may seem very contradictory.

I see the good thing is that you can make best use of the fighter movesets, if the movesets themselves are not too specific or licensed. But it could be an uncoded rule that only characters within the same franchise are supposed to share the traits given by game settings, historical or game design reasons, so that Nintendo don't want to break it by forcing characters of different franchises to be echoes like they did in early times with Captain Ganon.

So forgive the part of my brain that knows about Fire Emblem, LGM, but ya want an echo fighter for a character not in the same series?

Sephiran as an echo of Palutena.

FERD_Sephiran.png

PalutenaSSBU.png

Dude's actually...
got wings, so the Smash attacks wouldn't be a problem either.

Mario Party X said:

Time to revert Ganon to his melee moveset

all i want is funky.... im sad that he may not get a chance anymore
morpho knight for meta knight perhaps?
for waht i dont want, well in a way, ive seen people suggest birdo for yoshi and gooey for kirby and i feel like the movesets just arent compatible honestly. for birdo what would replace yoshis tongue?
and then gooey and kirby play the same gameplay wise in kdl3 i believe, but smash wise the animations dont work (one has limbs and one doesnt), a lotmoves will have to be replaced completely, and thats like too much differences for an echo

I don't know why, but if Waluigi does ever make it in I want him to be an Echo Fighter of Wii Fit Trainer. The body proportions are similar, and whenever I try to imagine attacks for him in my head all I can see is him doing Wii Fit Trainer's attacks.

Back