Super Mario Party

Honestly, not too much of a fan of it, I prefer when he was a space and enjoyed screwing the party-goers over. He has some of the best dialouge in the series too.

Wondering if this game will even have a single player mode now that I'm thinking about it. Though I think they stopped having such modes since Mario Party 10.

Bowser being all buddy buddy with Mario characters , being scaled down in size and pretty much being very weak that even Kamek has more authority than him in this game is simply not my cup of tea. It's quite trash actually.

They won't have team names. It's just generic "Team *leader character"

I love that Bowser's playable. My only issue is that they picked Kamek to replace him, his own minion. He should be playable too if anything. It's like they forget that there are villains in the franchise other than the Koopa Troop, and with Bowser and many of his minions as playable characters, these third-party-types would fit a lot more as the villain.

Would be perfect for Koopa Kid to get revenge on Bowser after how Bowser has mistreated him in several installments.

Guys, i love that Koopa Kid idea, but don't forget that Koopa Kid isn't a character, it's a species ;)

There was a Koopa Kid playable in Mario Party 5 and Mario Party 6 though. Maybe that could be the one really pissed off, where his dialogue references those past events.

I love that there is a mode dedicated to co-op called River Survival, where the minigames are developed with co-operation in mind since Mario Party games abandoned the concept for many installments. It's nice to see something is taken from the Wii Party series, since there is one game mode that is co-op based.

One thing I have recently learned, which incidentally was also a question I had in mind, is that the game is only playable with the individual Joy-cons separately, which means that no, you can't use the Pro Controller or even the other controllers like the Gamecube or Pokken ones. This sounds kind of disappointing only because I feel that Pro Controller should have been able to have at least some use. I guess this game is going to use the Joy-cons to the fullest, similar to how Mario Party 8 and 9 used the Wii Remotes to their fullest.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Party 8 also had lack of Nunchuck support, which wasn't too much of a detriment, so all right.

Guess it's time for hand cramps. I could get those grips but those cost more money.

Oh well, I guess I won't notice if I'm too busy yelling at everyone for them not to take my star.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did an unholy number to my palms, but I don't think Super Mario Party demands as much of sustained grip on the controllers.

I have the cheap rubber slip-on grips for the Joy-cons (comes with a 13-in-1 pack that includes the pouch), which did the job in making holding them comfortable. It's not the most elaborate thing, but I noticed a difference in ergonomic if I don't put them on. Still though, I prefer the Pro Controller because not only does it make playing Switch games more comfortable (especially Splatoon 2), it's also PC compatible, which makes playing certain games like Sonic much better.

Princess Mario said:
Mario Party 8 also had lack of Nunchuck support, which wasn't too much of a detriment, so all right.
What I meant is that Mario Party 8 and 9 completely uses the Wii Remote, and no other control scheme (not even Classic Controller or Nunchuk). That lines up with what I said about how this game completely using the individual Joy-con and no other control scheme (split Joy-con controller is even excluded).

Thank you for reading.

I probably wouldn't have ever used the pro controller ever
I hear some mini games require specific joy con functionality which is why they're doing this.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Bowser being all buddy buddy with Mario characters , being scaled down in size and pretty much being very weak that even Kamek has more authority than him in this game is simply not my cup of tea. It's quite trash actually.

He should have the ability to cheat.

I think it's when you use both Joy Cons. The game requires the individual ones turned to the side. Hurts my palms and the base of my thumb.

Princess Mario said:
I think it's when you use both Joy Cons. The game requires the individual ones turned to the side. Hurts my palms and the base of my thumb.
Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. I also feel that Nintendo should make grips for handheld mode. It feels so uncomfortable compared to the Wii U GamePad because of the lack of grips.

Huh... I thought they levitated the stuff like in Mario Superstar Baseball and Super Sluggers.

Characters seem to do a short dialogue quip when you collect them in this game

EXCEPT FOR FUCKING MARIO

AND TOAD DOES IT FOR HIM

wNbgfHQ1y4-2.png

Princess Mario said:
Characters seem to do a short dialogue quip when you collect them in this game

EXCEPT FOR *bleep*ING MARIO

AND TOAD DOES IT FOR HIM
I really want a game now that turns the tables and Toad can't speak, and Mario has to do it for him. That'd actually be really funny now. Why, of all the characters in the game, is Mario not able to speak? Let me guess, even Goomba has some dialogue. Surely if anyone was silent, it should be Goomba, not Mario?

Back