Super Mario Party

I'd argue NSMB is just title shenanigans too.

Like how they called Super Mario Bros 4, Super Mario World.

Eh, better paced that way.

This is a very good showcase for the game. Not only does the characters stay on the scene after a minigame's over, they even celebrate with each other! That's already a step up from the previous installments, where very few minigames have this kind of celebration (Mario Party 10's doughnut minigame is great for this reason). I also like how every character has a different dice block that you can select, which makes each character have a unique playstyle. This has rarely happened in Mario Party and it's one of the reasons I like Mario Party 3 (because in Duel Mode your starting partner is based on your character).

In terms of hosts, I would have preferred it if Tumble makes his triumphant return, since he's the first character that you can rightfully say belongs to a Party game, and not Woody, the Toad townspeople in the first Mario Party or even the Koopa Kid (though I would like him to return too).

Swiftie_Luma said:
i feel the board they were playing in the treehouse stream is too small :(
Well, I guess it makes games happen faster (as in, it's faster to race for Stars) so I guess that's what they are going for. I hope that it means that there are more boards than what we normally expect, so probably more than 7 boards. That would have been great.

Thank you for reading.

Hey, Lakitu is like Boo in Mario Party 1!

Wow they are serious with "going back to the roots". Also yeah, that looks cool, and the mechanics don't focus around the allies, so it's not too Star Rush-driven.

But eh, it’s what we've seen so far. Also, is it just me, or the music in the background is the Smash Ultimate theme?

Iron Man said:
Also, is it just me, or the music in the background is the Smash Ultimate theme?
If you're talking about the treehouse stream, then yeah, I think it is, they were probably playing near to the Smash Bros. thing. I picked up on it too.

And wait, The Whomp mechanic is back from MP1 and MP8, isn't it?

Iron Man said:
Hey, Lakitu is like Boo in Mario Party 1!
I kind of wonder why they made it Lakitu instead of straight up bringing Boo back. It's neat that the mechanic is back though.

Hmm, some of these character dice blocks seem unbalanced.

For example, Bowser's is he gets a high role, or he loses 3 coins and goes nowhere.

But Rosalina's is she gets a high role, or she gains 3 coins and goes nowhere.

Also they are demoing it again and like some of those later gamecube mario parties, each board has it's own gimmick and gameplay style but is still based around getting stars.

And they still use the cancerous Mario Kart 8 voice clips for Rosalina ...

Nintendo really wants me to keep modding until im like 30+

jvI0Hme.gif

At least you'll never be bored.

Mcmadness said:
At least you'll never be bored.

I'd hate to think about how Swiftie_Luma would react if Rosalina uses Laura Faye Smith's voice portrayal of her in Smash Ultimate...

Me, I'm highly irritated with how the developers still refuse to use Takashi Nagasako's voice portrayal of Donkey Kong, along with Kenny James's voice portrayal of Bowser. But as much as I would like to fix that, hacking the Nintendo Switch is unacceptable if you want online access.

Anyway, back on-topic, it's about time that you can finally play as Bowser in a Mario Party title.

Oh god please no.

I would love if she records NEW lines being directed specifically for Smash.

If they do it it's hard to mess up. Like Peach, Sam Kelly recorded for Brawl lines that matched Jen's , so Laura would have to record lines that match Kerri and it couldn't go wrong.

BUT if they are just gonna , idk , copy paste Mario Kart 8's voice into everything Rosalina does in Smash then stick with Kerri pls.

Im not gonna lose sleep over it but come on, Mario Kart 8 is by far the worst Rosalina portrayal ever existing.

Also you will eventually be able to do mods and they wont ban you at all.

---------------

I think the wrong side of Bowser being playable is that there's no Bowser events at all but that's not too much of a loss i guess.

The partner mode is soooo good and cute oh my god

Swiftie_Luma said:
I think the wrong side of Bowser being playable is that there's no Bowser events at all but that's not too much of a loss i guess.
Judging by that stuff from the latest stream though it seems like we've got Kamek time instead- unless that's like a Final 5 Frenzy event thing.

Kamek revolution just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Is it bad that I'm dreading the overuse of the solo Joy-Con controllers for the minigames?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Oh god please no.

I would love if she records NEW lines being directed specifically for Smash.

If they do it it's hard to mess up. Like Peach, Sam Kelly recorded for Brawl lines that matched Jen's , so Laura would have to record lines that match Kerri and it couldn't go wrong.

BUT if they are just gonna , idk , copy paste Mario Kart 8's voice into everything Rosalina does in Smash then stick with Kerri pls.

Im not gonna lose sleep over it but come on, Mario Kart 8 is by far the worst Rosalina portrayal ever existing.

It's still much better than Daisy's Mario Kart Wii voice, or at least on my end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmkLnEQYts
A new board was recently revealed. It's very similar to Toad Scramble.

Wow this game is looking really good! I'm so happy that you can play in teams again like in Mario Party 4-8 and DS! I'm also glad that there will be boards that are grid based (like in Star Rush) where you can move in any direction.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i actually like the new logo.
Same here, I think it's a really sweet design. I personally don't like the crazy logos they show off for they last Mario Party, for example. The minimalist design appeals to me and it makes me pretty damn excited to see what sort of thematic style they're going to go for.

That being said, it could be really easy for the game to end up looking like shovelware with a more minimalist style.

So I'm just putting my faith in Nintendo and hoping they don't screw this up.

I also like the new Logo, it's the most creative Mario Party logo in my opinion. And it's the only Logo that i feel like i want to see for hours. ;)

Back