Should Toad be in Smash?

If your answer is yes, which toad should it be?

• Toad

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Toadette

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Toadsworth

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Captain Toad (probably most of you are gonna vote for him.)

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Toad should be in Smash

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Yes, absolutely. Toad is the biggest Nintendo character not yet playable and with the exception of maybe Isabelle and even Dixie, he is the last remaining "all-star".

Now, as for what incarnation, that's tricky. I'd be fine with either Captain Toad or the standard Toad. The traditional Toad is the most iconic and important to the series, but Captain Toad is more relevant right now, has greater demand, and has greater potential for a cohesive move set. Whichever one gets added, I'm certain the other would be an alt costume.

If a Toad were to be in Smash, it would have to be Captain Toad. That's because he's the most developed Toad in terms of abilities and personality, unlike Toadsworth who didn't have much abilities showcased except for the inexplicit talent at Mahjong, while Toad is comparatively generic. Toadette is in between so I guess she will be an alternate version of Captain Toad.

I would have picked Waluigi over Toad in any case.

Thank you for reading.

Absolutely yes, Toad should be in Smash. I've been wanting him since the beginning of the Brawl days and today I feel he is missing from the roster. I don't even care which Toad it is, as long as a Toad is playable, though I do prefer the regular, generic Toad with maybe a Captain Toad alt and a Captain Toad-inspired moveset. Toadette, however, is the Toad character I truly want in the game so I just voted for her.

Toad and Captain Toad feel interchangeable to me. Just as long as we get a Toad, it would be real swell. Toad is a highly requested character since Melee, and to not see him when the Mario Karters are in the Rosalina reveal trailer, it's jarring. I voted for Captain Toad in the ballot, after all.

I'd support Toad, but I still want Waluigi more despite probably deserving it less. It'd be great if they both made it in to Smash 5.

Regular Toad and Blue Toad (If they decided they wanted to rep NSMB/3D World more) were pretty much deconfirmed already. But Captain Toad is still potentially alive. No sign of Captain Toad as an assist trophy yet, and if there are any character reveals in between now and when the game releases. Next month could be a window for a reveal with his game's port to Switch being revealed.

Or he could even be a final roster reveal surprise ala Bowser Jr.

Toad and Daisy were my least-wanted Mario newcomers. They've added one already while shafting one of my most wanted. I'd hope they don't do that twice.

No, I think that Toad should be as a move, not a playable character.

Toadsworth by a landslide. Toadette's fine too, but I know she won't get in without Toad. Toad is a bad choice due to who he is in general, and I'm not a fan of Captain Toad (still better than Toad though).

I actually wouldn't mind Toadsworth, and him and Toadette being alts would slightly make up for having basic Toad in. But basic Toad is deconfirmed anyway, so Captain Toad is the only possible one, and I don't think they'd make Toadsworth an alt for him. He would look odd in Captain Toad's getup. I still think there's a lot of Mario characters I'd put in long before any Toad, as I consider them best suited to peaceful NPCs.

Just similiar with some of his roles in Mario's sport titles, Toad is often not considered a major fighter or hero on his own. Which is why despite he's one of the mainstream character, he is still shadowed by newer but powerful characters such as Wario or BoweserJr. But the Captain Toad title kinda gives some light to have Toad be considered a hero on his own one day.

Well the benefit is that Toadette can be considered an echo fighter as soon as Toad is confirmed.

Exactly, Captain Toad would allow Toadette, and this is definitely something I can get behind. Captain Toad doesn't have to be restricted in his own game; he can pull Toad shenanigans from other games as well.

No, Toad already appears in Peach's move. I believe Nintendo needs to add another characters that do not appear at all rather than adding Toad.

But if Nintendo has to add one toad, they should include Captain Toad.

> Toad already appears in Peach's move
> I believe Nintendo needs to add another characters that do not appear at all rather than adding Toad.

I don't think Toad is that underrated by Nintendo. Anyway, it's vague to guess since they could add Captain Toad who's specifically identifiable from Peach's Toad.

Toadette?

If you want her, then she would very likely only make it as Cap's alt, so...

add toad but make sure they're "the toad from the first mushroom hut in world one of smb3"
and have the announcer call them that specifically

I mean they kinda put a crapton of characters that Toad has priority over anyway, it would be pretty weird if they decided it now.

I still have faith in Captain Toad. He's got his own game (released three times mind you) and role in every 3D Mario game since Galaxy sans 3D Land. He'd be a great pic for Smash plus half his alts can be Toadette.

Yes, we get two Mario characters in one. Toadette is also appearing quite a bit in the recent Mario titles, so it would be great if she got a share of her cake.

Back