• Gold Luigi (P&D:SMBE)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Tiara (SMO)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A character not listed

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
mario

No but actually I can't think of any pointless character. Aside from Tiara they're all a variety of avatars for players to select from. The more the merrier. Tiara similar she adds character to a place and moment of her surrounding world, in fact it'd be neat if she were playable.

Pink Donkey Kong Jr. He had a lot of potential to be fleshed out as a deep, complex character--an ape born with an improbably large brain, who, against all odds and prejudices, on a journey strewn with sacrifices and high stakes, pursued its dreams of rising from the jungle's quagmires, becoming a world-renown mathematician, and entering the hallowed annals of science. The framework was there. They just never did anything with it.

Wasn't Tiara a motivational force for Cappy to join Mario in his quest for Odyssey though? She is his sister after all. She might not be playable or play a large role, but it's ultimately why Mario gets to use Cappy's powers in the game. So she's not pointless, per se.

Pink Gold Peach though, yeah, I can't see anyone disagreeing there... To add someone not commonly spoken of, I guess the Cosmic Guide in Galaxy 2 didn't have to look like Rosalina, especially since the real deal shows up in the end anyways. Unless there's something I'm missing, it seems a bit superfluous in my eyes (especially if you're experienced enough at games that you never really see them).

Tiara isn't really a character, she's a plot device. Plus it's pretty bad look for a character when all she serves is as some object to be rescued. Hell she can be written out entirely of the game, you can make Cappy want to get revenge on Bowser on what he did to his home.

Tiara could turn into a stolen good e.g. a family heirloom and the entire game wouldn't change. She's objectified, and no that's not a compliment for a shape-shifting hat.

Well yeah, I never said she was very well written or anything. So I guess in that sense Tiara is pointless...🤷‍♂️

Most female characters in Mario games are somewhat... eh. Either damsels in distress, comic relief, or total stereotypes.

Most female characters in Mario games are somewhat... eh. Either damsels in distress, comic relief, or total stereotypes.
I mean, most of the males are this too, including our main character.

Tiara isn't really a character, she's a plot device. Plus it's pretty bad look for a character when all she serves is as some object to be rescued. Hell she can be written out entirely of the game, you can make Cappy want to get revenge on Bowser on what he did to his home.

Yeah, Tiara is kinda redundant because of what you said.

Regarding Baby Daisy, she hasn't really been seen outside of Mario Kart; I think the Koopalings would've been better than Baby Daisy.

At least Baby Peach appeared in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

IDK why there hasn't been a Mushroom Peaks in canon either.

The only one in this list I actually have issue with is Baby Rosalina, as the design conflicts with her backstory in Super Mario Galaxy. The others are either more of alternative forms than characters or in Tiara's case more arguably underutilized than pointless.

Back