What is the craziest mario theory you have every heard?

I once heard somebody say on youtube that Luigi :luigi: was Cappy. I don't know about you but I think that's far-fetched. Go search it on youtube and get your tinfoil hats on because it is nuts. I even set it as my username on here because I thought it was pretty weird.

Basically any game theory that says Bowser is a good guy and that Mario is a bad guy.

Any "Mario abuses Luigi" """"theory""""

Any theory where substance abuse or recreational drug use is involved. Basically there are quite a number of jokes where Mario is said to have been subjected to hallucination when he's in the strange world with floating bricks, hills with eyes and saving a princess from a turtle dragon. It's especially grating because it injects cynicism for the sake of a joke. I didn't like it mainly because it's like saying that there's no way a world like Mario can exist as it is, so it has to be related to something cynical. With that said, I feel it takes a good degree of skill to make it humorous, such as this Argyle Sweater comic which I found funny.

Another theory I dislike is one that frames Mario as someone mentally unstable, for similar reasons to the first one. Not only does it imply that the Mushroom Kingdom cannot plausibly exist normally, it also make Mario appear as a villain in some cases. I never got to listen to the outlined reasons that support this theory, because I didn't like that one at all.

Thank you for reading.

"Miyamoto was involved with the destruction and sterilization of the Mario RPGs"

"*Mario game I don't like* is NSMBified!!!"

“Mario is evil, he punches Yoshi!”
The developers only ever had the idea, it never actually made it into the final game. He’s just pointing forward.
“Well the developers had the idea at one point, so that means he’s evil!”

^This is an actual conversation I had with a friend once.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
“Mario is evil, he punches Yoshi!”
The developers only ever had the idea, it never actually made it into the final game. He’s just pointing forward.
“Well the developers had the idea at one point, so that means he’s evil!”

^This is an actual conversation I had with a friend once.

I know, right? It's so annoying.

Apparently it was even briefly mentioned on a local radio station since my older sister told me about it and I had spend five minutes explaining to her why it was incorrect.

Something Something Peach is dead and Rosalina is her daughter with Luigi something something.

the only soft word i can come out with to describe that is garbage.

The theory that says that Super Mario Bros. 3 is a play. I am surprised that that one wasn't mentioned.

King David said:
The theory that says that Super Mario Bros. 3 is a play. I am surprised that that one wasn't mentioned.

Pretty sure Miyamoto came out and said that yes it is in fact a play.

That one about the coins being the souls of dead enemies and that Mario is harvesting souls to give himself immortality. That definitely seems like a case of "Oh look there's something slightly unexplained in a video game LET'S BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION AND BEYOND!!!"

Back