Music wishlist for Switch Smash

So, I think I find out why Sonic has only 1 remix so far
The thing is, CD aside(And even that's not entirely safe), Sega actually doesn't own the soundtracks for the classic Sonic platformers.
This was discovered around the time when Sonic was released in Lego Dimensions, they had to use soundalikes for all the levels besides Emerald Coast, when questioned why, a band called Dreams Come True composed Sonic 1 and 2's music and Micheal Jackson had involvement in 3 and Knuckles soundtrack, asides from direct rips, they have to pay every time they use one of these songs.

But that begs the question why we didn't get any remixes from the Modern Games or the Saturn Era, so it might just be a case of Sega being stubborn and dumb.

Da fuq why has no one requested Air Ride music

also Mario Sports Mix and Mario Hoops 3-on-3 have criminally underrated songs, so here's a ton songs from those two games. I'd love if Bob-omb Blast 2 was in the game

this feels more like "share your favorite vgm songs" lol

Sky Sands - Kirby Air Ride
City - Kirby Air Ride
City (Backside) - Kirby Air Ride
Bubbly Clouds - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Dusk Dunes - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Frosty Wheel - Kirby's Epic Yarn (yes, peaceful music should be here)
Vs. Fangora - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Yoshi Park - Mario Super Sluggers
Credits - Mario Super Sluggers <- c'mon, this is a great overlooked credits theme
Beep Block Skyway - Super Mario 3D World
Outside Volcano - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Climb the Peak - Mario Party 7
Sail the Canals - Mario Party 7 -> as troll music for Jeff Gerstmann
Keepin' on the Path - Mario Party 2 - I just want that as part of something.
Character Select - Mario Hoops 3-on-3 <- this should deffo be the menu music
Mario Stadium - Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Mario Stadium - Mario Sports Mix
Bowser Jr. Boulevard - Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Ghoulish Galleon - Mario Sports Mix (in Luigi's Mansion, would be great)
Waluigi Pinball - Mario Sports Mix (no it's not a version of the Mario Kart DS version)
Flower Cup - Mario Sports Mix
Bob-omb Blast 2 - Mario Sports Mix
Western Junction - Mario Sports Mix (for teh laffs)
Star Open - Game Point - Mario Tennis Open - yes it's a variation from the original Mario Tennis 64, but it deserves another mention. Let's mix it with the Break Point version into one song.
Peach's Palace - Mario Tennis Open - probably my favorite iteration of Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64
Tallon Overworld - Metroid Prime
Tallon Overworld (v2) - Metroid Prime

I know it’s not the games but I would like to hear songs from Donkey Kong Country the tv series like The Treasure Song, One Of Us, Big Bog Monster, Nobody’s Hero, Second Banana, Monkey Business, Curse of the Golden Banana, etc.

Can we get more DK music that isn't Jungle Remix#40, new Metroid music from games that actually have a good sountrack (hint: that means not Other M) and Kirby songs from games that aren't from before 2003 (and stages for that matter)?

Seriously, before the DLC for SSB4 brought the final boss theme of Triple Deluxe as a song, the only Kirby songs post Air Ride were literally of the first level of their respective game. For a series rich with amazing music like Kirby, only using the first level theme is completely insulting.

I'll compile a list of the Pikmin, Kirby, and Mother/Earthbound songs I'd like to see in Smash.

Metroid
- Red Soil Brinstar/Subterranean Torvus Bog/Lower SR388 (Super/Prime 2/Samus Returns)
-Overgrown Brinstar (Super)
-Prologue (Super)
-Crateria/Theme of Samus (Super)
-Ridley (Metroid 1/Zero Mission)
- Lower Norfair/Magmoor Caverns (Super/Prime 1)
- Tunnel (Metroid 2/Samus Returns)
- Quadraxis (Prime 2)
- Dark Samus (Prime 2)
-Sector 4 (Fusion)

Kirby
Another Dimension (RTDL)
Galacta Knight (KSSU/RTDL/K:PR)
Dark Meta Knight (KATAM/K:TD)
Star Dream (K:PR)
The True Arena (K:PR)

Might add more but these are my two favorite franchises and I completely agree with Gamefreak's sentiment. I don't expect all of these to make it in but I'd be glad to see a few.

If we get a Bowser Castle, I really, really, really want the Sluggers version of the Castle theme. It took the NSMB theme and made it god like.

Gamefreak75 said:
Can we get more DK music that isn't Jungle Remix#40, new Metroid music from games that actually have a good sountrack (hint: that means not Other M) and Kirby songs from games that aren't from before 2003 (and stages for that matter)?

Seriously, before the DLC for SSB4 brought the final boss theme of Triple Deluxe as a song, the only Kirby songs post Air Ride were literally of the first level of their respective game. For a series rich with amazing music like Kirby, only using the first level theme is completely insulting.

I'll compile a list of the Pikmin, Kirby, and Mother/Earthbound songs I'd like to see in Smash.

You know what's even more insulting?

The fact that this happens despite the fact that Kirby is Sakrai's baby.

But anyway, I can't think of many music, but if they bring some Rabbids stage or anything, they should get some of Mario + Rabbids' music. That soundtrack is gorgeous.

And also maybe they should bring in the BotW boss theme for something? Idk but I just think that theme is memorable.

As for anything else, I literally have no idea, I'm fine with whatever they decide to do.

JC said:
  • At least one more song from Mario Kart 8, preferably the DLC ones.
  • I'm Not Nice (Super Paper Mario)
  • The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
  • Peach's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Snowmads Theme (Tropical Freeze) - Less iterations of DK Island Swing, more Tropical Freeze songs, please.
  • Aqueduct Assault (Tropical Freeze)
  • Big Top Bop (Tropical Freeze)
  • Mountaintop Tussle (Tropical Freeze)
  • Punch Bowl (Tropical Freeze) - (In fact, just throw the entire DKCTF soundtrack in.)
  • Levias Battle (Skyward Sword)
  • Ending (Metroid Prime) - Preferably the Brawl remix without the opening narration (the Subspace Emissary version).
  • Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 2)
  • Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3)
  • Outer Rings (Epic Yarn)
  • Mona Pizza's Song (Twisted!) (Brawl) - bring this back
  • Mike's Song (Touched!) (Brawl) - this too
  • Unfinished Business (Xenoblade) - The one Xenoblade song missing from Smash 4.
  • Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee) (Brawl) - Oddly missing from Smash 4 - hope it comes back.

• Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl) (Brawl) - Forgot this was missing, too. The new version in Smash 4 was awful.

Original or remix, unless otherwise noted.
-Overworld Theme (SMB) - original 8-bit
-Overworld Theme (SML) - remix
-Showdown with Cackletta! (Superstar Saga)
-The Grand Finale (Bowser's Inside Story) - remix
-Adventure's End (Dream Team)
-Dreamy Dozing Sands (Dream Team)
-The Final Antasma Battle (Dream Team)
-Blackout! (Color Splash)
-Bob-omb Battlefield (SM64) - remix
-Bowser's Domain (SM64) - remix
-Bianco Hills (SMS)
-Boss Battle (SMS)
-Overworld Theme (SM3DL)
-Jump Up, Super Star! (SMO)
-Fossil Falls (SMO)
-Bowser Battle 1 (SMO)
-Battle with Bowser (MP:IT)
-Boss Battle (SMW2:YI) - remix

Sunshine Yoshi said:
-Bianco Hills (SMS)
-Boss Battle (SMS)
-Overworld Theme (SM3DL)
-Fossil Falls (SMO)
-Bowser Battle 1 (SMO)
Also the final Bowser Battle from Paper Mario - Original

supermariofan said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
-Bianco Hills (SMS)
-Boss Battle (SMS)
-Overworld Theme (SM3DL)
-Fossil Falls (SMO)
-Bowser Battle 1 (SMO)
Also the final Bowser Battle from Paper Mario - Original
I actually haven't heard that one. I need to.

If Simon Belmont is in, I want a Medley of all the classic Castlevania music combined from Vampire Killer, to Bloody Tears, to Nocturnal Curse, to the first level of Castlevania III.

I want Mike's Song and Mona Pizza's Song to return. They were my favorite Wario songs in Brawl, and I was so disappointed that they weren't in Smash 4.

Smash 4 also only had one music track from Mario Party (Pandemonium from MP9). Hopefully we get more music from the NEWER Mario Party games (9 onwards).

I think 8-bit music should get into Smash. They shouldn't overdo it, but it would be nice to have the original 8-bit versions of some major iconic tunes. At the very least, they should have the following:
*Overworld Theme (SMB)
*Overworld Theme (TLOZ)
*Green Greens (KDL)

There were 8-bit melodies in the previous Smash Bros. games. There was that Castle song and NES Medley in Brawl.

I could've sworn there were 8-bit tracks for 3DS Mute City and 3DS Dream Land

3DS Dreamland, yes.

I didn't play Smash Bros. with music on so I'm not familiar with soundtrack beyond Brawl, ha.

Back