Music wishlist for Switch Smash

I hope the ORIGINAL Rosalina’s Observatory is in, because the one we got from the last game makes me think I’m in a circus or a carnival.

I just heard this awesomeness. It is awesomeness. I need to hear it in the awesomeness that is Smash.

Bump

Has anyone mentioned Super Mario Land yet? I want some more Super Mario Land tunes and not just the dungeon crawlin' theme.
No guesses as to why I want this. :daisy:

So... I know they're probably coming back, since they haven't been cut from Smash ever, but I think I would be pleased if these themes made it back.

And after listening to Poke Floats, well, I think that too needs to be there.

Now for new themes, Idk if these already are in there, but it would a great to add them.

Beware the forest Mushrooms (Or Forest Maze, for short) Also this is the reason why we need Geno.
Melty Molten Galaxy
Attack on Divine Beast Vah Ruta
Moldarach/Koloktos theme
Friend Star/Train (Kirby Star Allies)

There's also a lot more, but these come to mind at first.

the biggest takeaway from the direct is that guile's theme goes with smash bros

I want a Bowser theme montage.

MarioFan632 said:
I want Mike's Song and Mona Pizza's Song to return. They were my favorite Wario songs in Brawl, and I was so disappointed that they weren't in Smash 4.

Smash 4 also only had one music track from Mario Party (Pandemonium from MP9). Hopefully we get more music from the NEWER Mario Party games (9 onwards).
Looks like I got my wish. They added two new music tracks from Mario Party: Island Tour (Title Theme and Rocket Road), and there's nothing from Mario Party 1-8 and DS.

They also brought back Mike's Song and Mona Pizza's Song from Brawl! YES! (I hate Ashley's Song)

I'm also glad that there's music from Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam in this game. I love Attack and Run.

Now that I've only just realised I unlocked every song, since the game doesn't let you know when you do:

JC said:
I have a lot of songs I'd like to see appear in the next Smash so I'm not going to be able to provide a reason for each one:

Songs from games released after Smash 4

• Jump Up, Super Star! (Super Mario Odyssey) - If they are indeed adding songs from returning series, this is inevitable.
  • Break Free (Lead the Way) (Super Mario Odyssey) - Just throw this in while they're at it.
  • Bowser Battle 1 (Super Mario Odyssey) - My favourite song from Odyssey.
  • Rumble with Wendy! (Colour Splash) - Colour Splash had an excellent soundtrack so I hope at least one song gets in. (At least we have the battle theme.)
  • Prisma Splash! (Colour Splash) - Best credits theme I've heard in a while.
  • Hyrule Castle (Breath of the Wild) - They have to have at least one BOTW song, and I think this one is a good fit for Smash.
  • SR388 Surface (Samus Returns)
  • Shy But Deadly (Woolly World)
  • C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Rainbow Curse) - Surprised the original wasn't in Smash 4, so I hope this even better version makes it in. (The original got in, which I'm more than okay with.)
  • Corneria (Star Fox Zero)
  • Battle! (Lorekeeper Zinnia) (OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire) (We got a cool arrangement, though I personally prefer the original.)
  • Dark Matter Battle 2 (Super Mystery Dungeon)
  • Guzma's Theme (Sun/Moon)
  • Dusk Falls (Fire) (Fates)
  • Alight (Storm) (Fates) - This would make a great Smash song for a Fire Emblem stage. (But alas...)
  • Road Taken (Roar) (Fates)
  • The Heritors of Arcadia (Shadows of Valentia) - Preferably both languages, though I'd be fine with just the English version since I liked it better than Lost in Thoughts All Alone's.
  • At least one of the heavy metal Fire Emblem arrangements from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (WE GOT EM ALL)
  • Splattack! (Splatoon) - With Inklings in Smash, this will definitely be in the game in some form. (Don't like the new arrangement, though.)
  • Ink Me Up! (Splatoon) - At least one Squid Sisters song is inevitable, and this one seems to be the most popular.
  • Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon)
  • Inkoming! (Splatoon 2) - If they're going to add Splatoon's main theme, might as well add the second game's one.
  • Don't Slip! (Splatoon 2) (They got every version 1 multiplayer song, which is nice.)
  • The Girl from Inkopolis (Splatoon 2)
  • Main Theme (ARMS) - I mean, not including this in the game would be a HUGE missed opportunity. (NOOO)
  • Via Dolce (ARMS)
  • Battle: Greenhorne (Miitopia) (We have the boss theme at least.)

Songs from games released before but weren't in Smash 4

• At least one more song from Mario Kart 8, preferably the DLC ones. (Excitebike Arena, Dragon Driftway and Ice Ice Outpost are three of my favourites, so I'm really glad these got in.)
  • I'm Not Nice (Super Paper Mario)
  • The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
  • Peach's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Snowmads Theme (Tropical Freeze) - Less iterations of DK Island Swing, more Tropical Freeze songs, please.
  • Aqueduct Assault (Tropical Freeze)
  • Big Top Bop (Tropical Freeze)
  • Mountaintop Tussle (Tropical Freeze)
  • Punch Bowl (Tropical Freeze) - (In fact, just throw the entire DKCTF soundtrack in.)
  • Levias Battle (Skyward Sword)
  • Ending (Metroid Prime) - Preferably the Brawl remix without the opening narration (the Subspace Emissary version). (Got the Brawl remix, but left it green since it's close enough.)
  • Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 2)
  • Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3)
  • Outer Rings (Epic Yarn)
  • Mona Pizza's Song (Twisted!) (Brawl) - bring this back
  • Mike's Song (Touched!) (Brawl) - this too
  • Unfinished Business (Xenoblade) - The one Xenoblade song missing from Smash 4.
  • Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee) (Brawl) - Oddly missing from Smash 4 - hope it comes back.

JC said:
  • Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl) (Brawl) - Forgot this was missing, too. The new version in Smash 4 was awful. (Even better, they got rid of the Smash 4 one.)

JC said:
Some more of mine:

• Buoy Base Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Puzzle Plank Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • Melty Molten Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) or Melty Monster Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • Thwomp Desert (Mario Kart Wii)
  • Cortez Battle (Thousand-Year Door)
  • Field (Spirit Tracks)
  • Molduga (Breath of the Wild)
  • Metroid Blast - Lower Norfair (Nintendo Land) (Got Magmoor Caverns instead.)
  • Another Dimension (Return to Dream Land)
  • Lush Forest (Super Mystery Dungeon)
  • Fire Island Volcano (Super Mystery Dungeon)
  • Showdown with a Volcanic Entei! (Super Mystery Dungeon)
  • For the Glory (F-Zero GX)
  • Captain Falcon's Twister Race - Big Blue (Nintendo Land)
  • Captain Falcon's Twister Race - White Land (Nintendo Land)
  • "Don't speak her name!" (Awakening) - The most fitting song for any Smash match
  • "You have power... like mine." (Awakening)
  • End of All (Fates) (It's incorporated into the new, unnecessary Lost in Thoughts arrangement, though.)
  • Octopus Dance (Nintendo Land) - For the Flat Zone stage
  • Viridi, Goddess of Nature (Uprising) - For the Reset Bomb Forest stage, since they're both from the same chapter
  • Dog's Theme (Uprising)
  • Title (Animal Crossing) (GameCube) - It's a classic AC song that was used in the Developer Direct for Smash 4 at E3 2013, so I wonder why it didn't make it in, not even as an arrangement (We got one!)
  • Major Circuit (Punch-Out!!) (Wii)
  • Maritime Memory (Splatoon)
  • Into the Light (Octo Expansion) (Makes sense since it must have been too far into development to add songs from the DLC.)
  • One or a medley of the songs from Takamaru's Ninja Castle from Nintendo Land

Third-party songs:

• Snake Eater (with vocals) (The instrumental version is back.)
  • Metal Gear Saga (Guns of the Patriots) - No Harry Gregson-Williams compositions made it to Brawl... Maybe this time?
  • Aquarium Park Act 1 (Sonic Colours)
  • Studiopolis Zone (Sonic Mania) (Did not expect this at all to appear but I'm happy it's in!)
  • Blinded by Light (Final Fantasy XIII) - Doubt it, though

Original songs that should get in instead of (or at least along with) their Smash 4 arrangements, since they're better imo:

• Try, Try Again (Dream Team)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks)
  • Super Hoop (Wii Fit)
  • Turbo Jet (Pilotwings Resort)

JC said:
Missed one (how did I forget the best song in Uprising):
  • Lightning Chariot Base (Uprising)

Overall a nice selection of songs in Ultimate, only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of musical representation for the pre-Sticker Star Paper Mario games and especially the Metroid Prime series. Tropical Freeze, too, but the new DK arrangements kind of make up for it so I'm not too bummed about that. The lack of songs from Fates was also surprising.

Might as well do the same thing:

Putt-Putt said:
Guile's Theme
How do you put Street Fighter in the game, without putting the most iconic song from the series in the game?

Mega Man X medley
Mega Man X has one of the best Video Game OSTs, so it would be hard to choose just one song from the game, Solution: Why not have all eight stage themes in one song? This would also give one of the Mega Man subseries some attention in Smash outside of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Final Boss (SMW2)
What is essentially Rock Music is a perfect fit for any Fighting game, so a remix of it that also plays on a Yoshi stage pretty much nails the appeal of Smash.
Guile's Theme
We got two versions of most of the themes from Street Fighter II, and remix of Guile's Theme so we got this request three times over.

Mega Man X Medley
My hope was to get at least one Mega Man X song, so Opening Stage will have to do (It's good remix, I just would've preferred a different song from that game).

Final Boss (SMW2)
Somewhat dissapointed this still hasn't appeared yet.

Putt-Putt said:
>no leo luster or bluster the benevolent
I wasn't expecting this to happen anyway.

Putt-Putt said:
Got all of these.

Putt-Putt said:
Two songs I randomly decided that they need to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Not surprised we didn't get Let's Go Away, though I am somewhat dissapointed we still don't have Body Rock.

Now all Nintendo needs to do is not screw up the Persona songs like they did with Bayonetta.

Now all Nintendo needs to do is not screw up the Persona songs like they did with Bayonetta.

Final Fantasy says hi

I don't think Sega Atlus has that much of a strangling grip that Squenix has on Final Fantasy. I just hope they don't ruin Persona songs the same way they ruined City Trial, Brinstar Depths, Snake Eater, DK Rap, and so on. You know, distortion guitars, faster tempo, chopping off songs with the precision of a half broken hatchet.

That's what you think but they cut off a good portion from the original track, so they butchered it.

i think dlc predictions are fine too.. i just want minecraft music, Thats It
some medleys would be perfect. also calm4 which was even removed from the game but you can port it over with hardly any changes (probably chop off the slow "mojang specifications" though). its so good
im not sure what else i want beisdes that lmao

Isabelle said:

Final Fantasy says hi
That's not at all what I meant, I was referring to the remixes of the Main Themes of Bayonetta 1 & 2, that replace the singing with a instrument that doesn't fit either of those songs and sounds far worse because of it. I fear that the same thing will happen to Persona, where they'll just use the far worse instumental versions of songs such as "Rivers in the Desert" and "Life Will Change".

Mario Party X said:
That's what you think but they cut off a good portion from the original track, so they butchered it.
That's how I feel about MK8's version of Ribbon Road.

Well, they also butchered the instrumentation of it. Surf rock, really?

Putt-Putt said:
That's not at all what I meant, I was referring to the remixes of the Main Themes of Bayonetta 1 & 2, that replace the singing with a instrument that doesn't fit either of those songs and sounds far worse because of it. I fear that the same thing will happen to Persona, where they'll just use the far worse instumental versions of songs such as "Rivers in the Desert" and "Life Will Change".
Snake Eater had the same treatment sadly.

LETS SPEED UP THE TEMPO AND GIVE IT DISTORTION GUITARS.

Since Sakurai is continuing to add more content to this game, I hope this means more music from franchises already represented in Smash such as...

Wally Battle (Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSaphire)

Trainer Battle (Pokemon Black and White)

Vs. Gruntilda (Banjo Kazooie)

Vs. Weldar (Banjo Tooie)

Vs. Old King Coal (Banjo Tooie)

Click Clock Woods (Banjo Kazooie)

Speak With Your Heart (Sonic Colors)

Rainbow Castle (Mario Party)

Boss Battle (Kirby 64)

Donkey Kong 64 music...I mean come on already!

Back