Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

It has the Final Boss too. Definitely a step up from Minion Quest inexplicably having Fawful.
So Dark Star/Dark Star Core doesn't get a model, yet :drybow: does?

Now I'm curious as to what the context for all that is.

Guess I'll find out in 2 weeks or so.

Mcmadness said:
Now I'm curious as to what the context for all that is.

Guess I'll find out in 2 weeks or so.
Not all related to the ending, but I will simply say this:
MisterWu's fears about how the storyline would be involve the Koopalings being brainwashed into serving Fawful again can be put (mostly) to rest.

Why, what happens this time?

Mcmadness said:
Why, what happens this time?
The Koopalings leave one by one through various means (Not sure why Ludwig leaves other than it's by his own accord, Roy gets fed up, Larry and Wendy head back to check on the castle, Lemmy stayed behind to begin with and Iggy gets shoved off Cavi Cape by the trio). Morton is the only one who gets brainwashed as we can see in the trailer and it's treated with more weight for reasons I can't quickly sum up other than Morton has probably the biggest focus/impact of the Koopalings (which is a surprise to me since if you told me that Morton Koopa, of all people, would be one of the most notable parts of Mario game, I probably wouldn't believe you).
Most of the Koopaling fights, as a result are during the opening act (even then, I think you don't even fight Ludwig). The ones you fight later have reasons besides possession (Iggy has amnesia, Roy is still distrusting of Junior, Morton is corrupted).

Correction: Bowser X does have his giant attack. It just didn't happen in the first video I saw.

So, once again they changed the story of the original for the new mode. At least it isn't any words. But, you don't see the darkness spreading across the map. Although, you can see stuff happening on the top screen while battling Dark Bowser. Next. I like that they used the same style as the main mode's ending, and it is better than Superstar Sagas in that it isn't entirely based on the main mode, just a few pictures that make sense to be there. Last about Dry Bowser. I am not sure about him since this is in Japanese and I can't understand Japanese, but it gives a little more meaning to this:
[quote author=Midbus ]
Bowser! Next time, I punch your thigh bone, your eye bone, and your dry bone!
[/quote]
Bonus:So, there was a cure to the blorbs that doesn't relate to the Miracle (Toadley) Cure… Interesting.

Yoshi the SSM said:
So, once again they changed the story of the original for the new mode. At least it isn't any words. But, you don't see the darkness spreading across the map. Although, you can see stuff happening on the top screen while battling Dark Bowser. Next. I like that they used the same style as the main mode's ending, and it is better than Superstar Sagas in that it isn't entirely based on the main mode, just a few pictures that make sense to be there. Last about Dry Bowser. I am not sure about him since this is in Japanese and I can't understand Japanese, but it gives a little more meaning to this:
[quote author=Midbus ]
Bowser! Next time, I punch your thigh bone, your eye bone, and your dry bone!
Bonus:So, there was a cure to the blorbs that doesn't relate to the Miracle (Toadley) Cure… Interesting.
[/quote]

There actually is a scene not in the video where the Koopa Troop notices the darkness around Peach's Castle. In general, this mode is actually pretty disconnected from the main game whereas SSS had the Captains influence a few things here and there (Captain Goomba causing Bowser's amnesia, the captains picking up the wrong mushroom for the guy, etc).

ThatGuy62 said:
It has the Final Boss too. Definitely a step up from Minion Quest inexplicably having Fawful.

both aren't 3D models though.

You unlock Bowser for jr's journey after the end game after you defeat him. Thats all I ever wanted in Minion Quest.

Mcmadness said:
You unlock Bowser for jr's journey after the end game after you defeat him. Thats all I ever wanted in Minion Quest.

Did anybody actually play Minion Quest before beating the game? I know it's available in pieces, but would anybody really do that? Puzzling.

Nabbit appears in one of the post-game stages. You can even unlock him if you have Ludwig use his "convince"ability on him. The tell you have to this being a thing is Bowser Jr. commenting at the beginning.

CamTro said:
ThatGuy62 said:

both aren't 3D models though.
Dry Bowser is definitely a 3D Model. Even if you think he looks like a sprite there, there's better quality uploads of the ending that clearly show him to be a model.

Somebody who recently finished Bowser Jr.'s Journey started adding english subtitles so that we could get an idea of what the characters are saying. It's not perfect (namely, the in-battle dialogue isn't taken into consideration).
Seems like the "SS Company" are beauty product suppliers.
The ending also has subtitles, but is in much better shape than this video.

Here's a list of every ally and enemy in Bowser jr's journey if you are interested.

Fawful himself isn't fought? Sad. Hope he still gets to shine in cutscenes then.

Also has there been any gameplay of Bowser in this mode yet?

Only as a boss fight. None in the playable position.

Lord Fawful DX said:
Fawful himself isn't fought? Sad. Hope he still gets to shine in cutscenes then.

Also has there been any gameplay of Bowser in this mode yet?
There's a playthrough (part of the same ones I linked) where somebody unlocked him and then used him. No idea if he can be used as a First Officer though.

ThatGuy62 said:
Somebody who recently finished Bowser Jr.'s Journey started adding english subtitles so that we could get an idea of what the characters are saying. It's not perfect (namely, the in-battle dialogue isn't taken into consideration).
Seems like the "SS Company" are beauty product suppliers.
The ending also has subtitles, but is in much better shape than this video.

I know that Kamek is the name for magikoopas as an enemy species in Japan, yet seeing how the magikoopa in BJJ is obviously meant to be the magikoopa who's Bowser's right-hand and former babysitter makes me wonder if he might have gotten something of a Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik treatment (that is,they might be trying to merge the Western and Japanese naming for the character).

Its launch sales for Japan have been posted today and

15./00. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey <RPG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.27} (¥4.980) - 9.178 / NEW <0-20%>

ouch

Not surprised. This series never was very popular in Japan. It's fandom is primarily NA based.

That being said the series sales have been in steady decline ever since BiS so....

I wonder if this is significantly worse than normal for Mario & Luigi games in Japan.

I think it's a combination of what Mcmadness said, the burnout from the previous forgettable remake, and also just the steadily declining install base of the 3DS as all games recently just aren't doing so well.

As the only person ever to dislike the GBA and its graphics, I'll say it wasn't the remake's doing, the series has been in steady decline since Dream Team.

With no Fawful, the grand majority of English-speaking people don't care anymore. And want more partners with personality, like Goombella and Bobbery and probably not Flurrie (she was weird).

Starlow gets annoying. Even Bomb from Partners in Time was better a good portion of the time.

I really don't think Fawful alone can hold the series, lol. Neither will the partners. Those two alone won't determine the sales of a few games.

Back