Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Japanese site's up, along with a clean version of the artwork posted last thread.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/a3rj/index.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20181129&utm_campaign=a3rj
DtKiAc4VsAEe_WQ.png:orig

Oh look, the Shroobs are still there too.

ss_p.png

A piece of pink poop is a character.

I'm back. Having used the site and trying to parse stuff with an online translator, here's some stuff about the sub-mode (if anybody knows Japanese, correct me if I'm wrong):
  • You can place up to nine or so units. Placement is important as certain formations carry bonuses
  • The "type triangle" is back. Bowser Jr. can apparently switch between any of the types (my guess: Normal is power, masked is speed, Clown Car is flight).
  • Junior can appoint a sub-captain. So far, Roy, Morton and Ludwig have been sub-captains (Kamek too?) which points to there being more variety among sub-captains
  • Iggy and Wendy are bosses in the Bowser's Castle section
  • Bowser Jr. and the Sub-Captains have special commands, seems to be attacks or techniques. Based on the footage we've seen, it seems like Junior gets 4 while the sub-captains get two.
  • The beatnik trio seem to have a name, but I can't translate it (Nazo's Threesome?). They show up in Bowser's Castle and claim they can cure the Blorbs with the right ingredients, kick-starting the plot.
  • Gameplaywise, Lemmy's still MIA.
  • Not related to the sub-mode, but the game has amiibo support. Seems like you can get stuff if you scan amiibo (Bowser amiibo = some kind of EXP Drumstick).

ThatGuy62 said:
Oh look, the Shroobs are still there too.

So they acknowledge something for a game they should be making first. Fantastic.

I'll look at the site in-depth soon (I want to record a video of it) but for now,
ThatGuy62 said:
(Bowser amiibo = some kind of EXP Drumstick)
Great, looks like people who have an amiibo scanner or New 3DS (aka not me) will be able to literally scan in as much EXP as they want. That's not broken at all.

Also, I did look a bit at the site with my (slow as hell) phone earlier during lunch, and I only saw one Fawful and he had his back turned. Why must you tease me Nintendo? (I know he might be in another screenshot, I haven't looked too much into it yet)

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I'll look at the site in-depth soon (I want to record a video of it) but for now,
ThatGuy62 said:
Great, looks like people who have an amiibo scanner or New 3DS (aka not me) will be able to literally scan in as much EXP as they want. That's not broken at all.

Also, I did look a bit at the site with my (slow as hell) phone earlier during lunch, and I only saw one Fawful and he had his back turned. Why must you tease me Nintendo? (I know he might be in another screenshot, I haven't looked too much into it yet)
I know he has at least two screenshots (not big ones, but both from the front), one of them being him during the Fawful Theater segment (I think. It's been a while since I played BIS). Midbus also had a few screenshots (one from right when he's about to fight Bowser and one from the Bowser's Castle giant fight, giving us a look at his model).
And yeah, the amiibo could make the game broken, but will it help you get the low-level ending?

I feel like they made Fawful's sprite smaller.

Makes sense I guess.

ThatGuy62 said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
ThatGuy62 said:

I know he has at least two screenshots (not big ones, but both from the front), one of them being him during the Fawful Theater segment (I think. It's been a while since I played BIS). Midbus also had a few screenshots (one from right when he's about to fight Bowser and one from the Bowser's Castle giant fight, giving us a look at his model).
And yeah, the amiibo could make the game broken, but will it help you get the low-level ending?
There will probably be a limit to how often you can use the amiibo (once per day, probably), and it probably won't offer much EXP anyway.

lLh0BtW.png

Where the hell is his new artwork though? Tell me the main villain is relevant enough to get new artwork right?

Clearly they are fans of the 3 Rs.

Speaking of artwork, I don't like to say something looks bad but that new Bowser artwork with the crossed arms is just.....not good.

Also google translating the website is fun.

Mario & Luigi adventure in the body of Kuppa, Koppa to adventure the kingdom of mushrooms without knowing it. Each action is the key to save the Kingdom of Mushrooms! What? Proceed with each other!

Awesome "Metachoro Disease" was
also spreading to Kupa Castle · · · ·!
It got up to save everyone,
Selfish little Bunny 's Kupa Jr.! !

God Bowser looks like he lost weight.

Mcmadness said:
Also google translating the website is fun.

Mario & Luigi adventure in the body of Kuppa, Koppa to adventure the kingdom of mushrooms without knowing it. Each action is the key to save the Kingdom of Mushrooms! What? Proceed with each other!

Awesome "Metachoro Disease" was
also spreading to Kupa Castle · · · ·!
It got up to save everyone,
Selfish little Bunny 's Kupa Jr.! !
I loved reading the translations. I also liked the ones where they called Bowser "Satan" and Bowser Jr. "Buddha" lol

Google translating official sites and Japanese Wikipedia is a comedy gold mine.
Case in point, Mad Scienstein's description on the JP wikipedia's WL3 page translates to:
Mad-city
I attack by using drugs that become transparent humans when I touch them.

Anyways,
unknown.png

I can't tell if the attacks are faster or slower.

Back