Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

some news on the switch came out like a day or two ago, for european accounts(or at least russian), an image in it still says hes coming april, so that makes him getting delayed less likely
now its just a matter of time before hes out i guess

iirc there's going to be a Persona 5 concert event in Japan on April 24. Maybe they'll announce something there.

Or maybe we will have a Smash Direct soon before that date.

I just hopped online with Piranha Plant.

Did a few matches, every single one was laggy as hell. So now that I know matchmaking is still shit and I'll still get at least one opponent in each match apparently using grandma's phone line, I signed out. Bleh.

Piranha Plant is fun though, I actually want to learn to be good with this character but going online with randos was a baaad idea.

You need to play Smash with the Ethernet cable or else your experience won't be great. Kinda defeats the point of the Switch portability selling point.

I have never played Smash online.
Or any Nintendo game online for that matter.
In my world, unlimited internet doesn't exist (well, unlimited internet fast enough to play online doesn't exist).

You don't really need online to enjoy anything anyway.

Unless of course the game is BASED around online.

You need online to actually unlock characters in Mario Tennis Aces. That was a dumb decision. (I know about the free updates after every month, but then the character is just DLC and it's just not the same; also, color swaps are impossible to get offline as of now)

That and the NES games (particularly Mario 1, Lost Levels, Mario 3, and Kirby) are the main reasons I'm subscribed.

a furry said:

Most of the time, for me, offline play is much more fun than online play.

a furry said:

True, Smash Bros. has a very, very strong offline, probably what's keeping people going back to it in the first place, as Smash Bros. online has always sucked major @$$.

online smash is the only reason i even still play smash tbh. i like it

Any tips for Richter?

I can only do one combo, spam down air until the opponent is near the side blast line followed by forward air.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Simón de Bolivar said:
I can only do one combo, spam down air until the opponent is near the side blast line followed by forward air.
Isn't that literal suicide?
It is, but I have it down to a science, I use level 1 CPUs as they are easy to practice combos. That combo is VERY HARD to pull off. Also I do back air or up air depending on my position towards the edge to recover.

Hope we get 8 player compatibility and also the means of making death pits remain.

I hope there is more ways to customize the backgrounds, maybe paste with Spirits, maybe draw them on Handheld mode(Regardless on how many WHO'S BEEN DRAWING :dk: we will get), maybe just to import backgrounds from other stages

I want death pits again that are impossible to escape from save from a lucky Warp Star or something.

I remember making this awesome lava box stage in Smash Wii U, where there was only lava and no solid ground (and even a ceiling of lava), for stamina matches. But Mr. Stage Builder decided to force me to add ground. The stage is still epic, but not nearly as it could have been. I'm hoping for Ultimate to allow that kind of thing, but it's not really likely.

yeah

it's really hilarious to trap all 4 characters in there. though i guess death pit is a bit of a misnomer. more like torture hell.

Cannons are the best thing about stage builder. In Smash 4, they force players to move one direction, so what I did was make a U-shape, plop a cannon at the beginning of the pit, point it down. The floor and wall is lava. You get knocked up, you're forced into the cannon that shoots down again. I also have a sideway U with the similar set up, but I think I added springs in there to trap you if you try to DI to the sides.

I remember making a stage that was just a huge box in Brawl. I had to put spikes at the top so the player starting positions didn't default to on top of the box though.

I think I added a single TINY gap in the corner, because I didn't think a stage where KOs are impossible would be accepted. To this day I've never tried it without the gap so I don't know if it would've let me save. But yeah that did kind of make it so if someone does manage to get KO'd they spawn on top with the spikes. Was still fun to set up endless lvl9 CPU free-for alls and go to bed for the night to see what kind of crazy numbers are racked up in the morning. One time I recorded that onto a blank VHS lol. The CPUS would always eventually end up back in the box.

Excited to see what Ultimate's will look like. I remember not doing much with 4's since I don't remember tile-based ground and while drawing it is definitely a nice feature, tiles are easier to ensure it works as intended lol. Ideally we get both.

Back