Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Here was my audible reaction to Piranha Plant live

If you want to link it up with the direct in anyway. Start the audio at about 32:56 in the direct video and then start the audio. Otherwise the part of the audio where I realize it's actually a playable fighter is at about 35-36 seconds into the clip.

Also the part that begins at about 2:00 wasn't part of the live reaction but was from after the direct.

While I mentioned being broken inside over it in the merit thread. You can see I was just really confused and even laughing about in the legit reaction to it.

Man my reaction was priceless. I was like "So yeah, dat an item or something? Why would that be as part of..."

And then as soon as Plant boi started attacking I was like "No... They didn't... no... *Splash Screen* OH NO!"

That's exactly how I reacted.

Decided by Nintendo pretty much means it's going to be chosen for advertising purposes most likely.

Great, can't wait for more FE characters.....

it'll be oboro but she will be reclassed to a swordmaster since non-sword characters arent allowed in smash :'(

legit curious as to how that would be in a fates playthrough now

Anywho all I really want is Dixie and I'm not sure whether this helps or hurts her chances.

Since they're presumably aiming for 2019(I mean, there is only two months of this year left), here's some stuff they could possibly advertise
.Three Houses
.Crafted World
.NSBU Deluxe
.Daemon Ex Machina
.Prime 3
.Bayo 3
.Animal Crossing Switch
.Gen 8
.Pikmin 4?
.A new Zelda game is supposedly in development\
.Monolith two new projects

Pink Heat Haze said:
Since they're presumably aiming for 2019(I mean, there is only two months of this year left), here's some stuff they could possibly advertise
.Three Houses
.Crafted World
.NSBU Deluxe
.Daemon Ex Machina
.Prime 3
.Bayo 3
.Animal Crossing Switch
.Gen 8
.Pikmin 4?
.A new Zelda game is supposedly in development\
.Monolith two new projects
BIS DX please?

Well, I guess Geno's chances just dropped considerably since Sakurai is the one who wanted him, I don't think Nintendo as a whole would care too much. Still here's hoping...

The situation regarding Geno never made sense, IP laws in most countries seem to dictate that any element created for a particular setting belong to the owner of said setting.
(Which additionally means that all those crappy recolor OCs belong to Nintendo as well)

Ergo, the only possibility I'm seeing is that Geno was originally intended for a different project. But if that were the case, Rare would still own the Kremlings.

legitimately expecting a Three Houses character and four third parties

also, Guile Stage

I feel like Dragon Quest has the best chance as for as third parties go, not only does Nintendo tend to publish it outside of Japan, it also has the upcoming Switch version of 11, Builders 2 and a new Dragon Quest Monsters

Also, I forgot the Epic Yarn port and maybe the ARMS graphic novel.

I have a feeling Dragon Quest is getting something too

Haven't played it much but it makes a lot of sense so I can't say I'd be against it

Because of Smash Bros.' unique position as an IP reviver and showcase, I think we will see some characters from IPs that aren't as well known. Smash has after all, made Fire Emblem, Earthbound and even Kid Icarus into series that represent Nintendo, and even the super unpopular ones like Ice Climber got the benefit. Personally, I think the breakdown would probably be:
- 0/1 character from an established universe
- 2 characters from universes without a playable representative
- 1 character from a future game
- 1/2 third party pick

One problem with an established universe is that the character in question has to be something that invokes curiosity and interest by people to want to buy the DLC, so it has to be a character that people like and plays differently. Slippy, for example, is very different from the other Fox playables, but his overall infamy in the West is a barrier. Same goes for Tingle (assuming he's considered). If a character is picked from an established universe, I am seriously going to predict something from Kirby. Of the potential characters, I like the idea of Adeleine, even though Bandana Dee is a more popular pick. Heck, I won't even mind regular Waddle Dee using tools he has used in the series, including the parasol and yes, even the spear. My second guess is Elma, since she is the de-facto main character of Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I think she hasn't gotten any presence in Smash yet.

As to the unique universes deal, this is a tougher pick because many properties are potentially sweet picks, since they benefit from increased popularity and presence. My first choice is going to be Musashi from Sushi Striker, who is from a recent game (released in the same year as Smash Ultimate). He has a talent for eating sushi and throwing plates (and getting help from Sushi sprites), which is very unusual and fits the tone of Smash. My second choice is a relatively popular pick, which is Isaac of Golden Sun, because despite being yet another swordsman, he's also has psychic powers (so he's probably going to be a hybrid of Ness and Marth). My third choice is probably going to be the Style Savvy playable character, who would win battles with the power of fashion. An unorthodox pick would be a character from Dragalia Lost, because that mobile-based series is off to a good start.

I have no base to predict a character from a future game, but I hope it's from a new IP that we don't know about. One thing I hope is that it's best not to be another Fire Emblem character since the series is already at its peak popularity, with regular game releases and Fire Emblem Heroes, therefore they don't need the extra promotion.

A third party pick is another tricky one. All heads are turning to RARE's Banjo-Kazooie, so let's predict that one. A character I would like to see is Rayman, since he's got representation in Smash 4 (Wii U) so he's a more logical inclusion. I personally would like to see Arle of the Puyo Puyo series make an inclusion because of how brilliant Puyo Puyo is, and I feel it hasn't really made its mark outside Japan despite Puyo Puyo Tetris' English release.

...or maybe Nintendo would throw a curveball and include a character I want the most, despite the character being an assist trophy (which is usually a sign they will not be playable) because his exclusion from the playable roster was enough to make headlines.

Thank you for reading.

Nintendo, you know your boi Bandana Dee is important right?

RIGHT?

Dude hearing the fact that they're choosing the DLCs characters is infuriating beyond belief. I hope Sakurai has at least SOME power in all this.

Back