Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I think the game looks great! Pirhana Plant is amazing and while incineroar the pokey man looks boring, his moveset look super fun!

Imo they were smart in how they focused their ressources: skimp on the stuff only angry geeks internet like and angry geeks on thre internet would've complained aobut anyway and focus on the stuff that makes the games worthwhile.

The main theme got me chills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgDibw7vB4

And here's the Japanese version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiI7wTGV6Go

I'm not a fan of lyrical songs, and I definitely prefer the E3 version of the song to the new one.

I always forget how many terrible opinions this forum has
Piranha plant is best character by the way.

I can't believe Sakurai not only killed off everyone on the roster, but quite literally everyone (except Kirby because, of course).
Also I thought Negan would be the hardest to top in terms of fighting game characters that come out of left field so hard that they come from the right, but Piranha Plant probably just came straight out of the sky.
Also also, Lifelight is amazing.
Can't wait to get sick of it like I did the other two themes. :D

for those who think a character's deconfirmed just because they're a spirit, remember: lucas was a trophy before becoming playable in smash 4, so there's a still a chance

not giving up hope for my main man revolver ocelot

I am so using Piranha Plant

you'll probably have to buy him.

This is just a guess of mine, but since you start out with the original 8, I'm guessing if you unlock someone in World of Light, they'll be playable in the main game as well just like Subspace Emissary

I was just amazed that Mouser, Stanley, Shake King, Shadow Peach, and freakin' Cannoli were among the spirits....so have the done away with trophies completely, I wonder?

....what if they left out trophies just so they'll have a way to top themselves in the next Smash game by bringing them back?

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
I was just amazed that Mouser, Stanley, Shake King, Shadow Peach, and freakin' Cannoli were the spirits....so have the done away with trophies completely, I wonder?
Trophies are gone, Sakurai confirmed in the direct.
And if you think those are obscure, Princess Shokoro (Remember her?) can be seen on a screenshot on the site.

Meta Knight said:
This is just a guess of mine, but since you start out with the original 8, I'm guessing if you unlock someone in World of Light, they'll be playable in the main game as well just like Subspace Emissary

I hope that you can unlock them by tapping an Amiibo. I don't know if that will happen. Hopefully if the Amiibos don't unlock them, the spirits way could be the way of unlocking them. I don't like how they have only 8 starters when you first boot up the game.

White Lightning said:
Meta Knight said:

I hope that you can unlock them by tapping an Amiibo. I don't know if that will happen. Hopefully if the Amiibos don't unlock them, the spirits way could be the way of unlocking them. I don't like how they have only 8 starters when you first boot up the game.

Well yeah I think somewhere it said amiibo can unlock characters. I was mainly speculating a way to unlock characters, but everyone will probably have multiple conditions.

ThatGuy62 said:
Doc von Schmeltwick said:
I was just amazed that Mouser, Stanley, Shake King, Shadow Peach, and freakin' Cannoli were the spirits....so have the done away with trophies completely, I wonder?
Trophies are gone, Sakurai confirmed in the direct.
And if you think those are obscure, Princess Shokoro (Remember her?) can be seen on a screenshot on the site.
Shokora*
Anyways, the wording in the Direct was vague enough I wasn't clear on that.
Can you believe the new villain's name is Galeem?
(Obviously comes from "gleam" for the light theme, but still...)

Also, Galleom is in this game. Yet has a very similar name.

I was also going to bring up Yarn Yoshi and Baby Mario and Luigi, but I found this on the site
SMFEdle.png

This is just K. Rool wearing a costume, a costume he partly puts on in the game itself, well guess that solves that

I totally forgot to mention this a few days ago, but I have yet to see any gameplay footage of Daisy floating like Peach. Makes me wonder if they at least made that distinction between the two...

Actually she floats like Peach

Treehouse footage confirms it. And sadlt, her final smash is also like Peach's but with Daisies.

Also Isabelle's moves too, the ones we haven't seen before are actually like Villager's which disappoited me at first, but the more I thought about it, the differences she already has are pretty darn big game changers, so I'm ok.

And I can't believe Richter's Final Smash is the same as Simon's, depsite it being a cutscene. To be fair, the move did originate from him, but they could've made it so that crosses just came out from the bottom of the screen, like a reverse PK Starstorm.

This is me being nitpicky though, and it's great to see that Yoshi's Final Smash references the Melee intro and that for Lucario's he Mega evolves and then shoots Aura Storm, and it look thicker than how it was in Brawl. Kinda sad it's not an anime reference, but that's the least I can ask for so as long as it's that, I guess I'll also be ok with that.

Back