Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I'll have to leave the house 30 minutes through it... maybe I can watch the last ten minutes on the way (don't worry, I wouldn't be the one driving if I did that).

I noticed that they said it was the final Smash direct before the game's release. Perhaps this could mean post-release directs for DLC like Smash 4 had.

I'm kind of expecting the leak to be real at this point, but we'll just have to see. I'm ready to see what's in store.

So, in preparation for tomorrows Smash Direct, I'd like to make an important PSA so we don't have a repeat of what happened in June, hm?
Remember to keep your fan communities in check! Don't let the bad apples ruin the thing both they and you like.
If you see any unacceptable behavior coming from your end of a fandom, please sternly yet respectfully shut that down immediately.

Stuff like that is bound to happen. Best you can do is stay out of the drama if you can if you're not part of the community to begin with.

That's why I'm asking people who ARE in the communities that act up to take action. I have reason to believe that it will be more effective coming from one of their own, because they will not be labeled as a "hater" of whatever character or community they're in.

i for one encourage the grinch fandom to riot if we somehow dont get our man

After the direct...

"WHAT? The Grinch isn't in Smash? He would be the perfect representative of what Smash has no reason to represent! I'm so mad at Nintendo right now. How could they do this to me? This game stinks!"

I just saw the direct.

-Ken is playable!
-Insernaraur is playable!

-PIRANHA PLANT IS PLAYABLE!?!?!?!?!

finally, my lifetime dream of playing as piranha plant in smash bros is coming true

I don't mean to be so negative, but that was pretty awful. Ken as an Echo is cool, I don't think anyone wanted Incineroar, and they spent way too long going on about pointless stuff like Brightness Settings. Pirahana Plants move set is pretty cool, and I appreciate that he's free for a bit, but there wasn't really a significant character reveal. Spirits mode looks kinda fun though. I'm still all aboard the hype train for this game, but jesus, that Direct was really lost on me.

FEED ME SAKURAI

FEED ME ALL NIGHT LONG

Piranha Plant might just be my favorite Mario Smash character.

This is our meme character guys. We had Wii Fit in Smash 4, now this.

Anyway, DLC was confirmed as well! 5 packs, which means 5 non-echo characters!

I'm betting those will be Banjo-Kazooie, Bandana Dee and Geno being three of those, and I'm hoping we also get Paper Mario.

Also Lucario and Yoshi's Final Smashes have been revealed!

I liked how you could change languages. I will play the game in German as I'm fluent in the language.

Pheromosa said:
I've heard that the Piranha Plant's final smash will involve Petey Piranha

Yeah, that's true. Petey Piranha will be stomping around the stage.

Carrying the cages like in Sibspace Emissary!

Starkuss said:
Lucario said:
Anyway, DLC was confirmed as well! 5 packs, which means 5 non-echo characters!

I'm betting those will be Banjo-Kazooie, Bandana Dee and Geno being three of those

Geno was deconfirmed as a Spirit.
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Much like trophies didn't deconfirm DLC fighters in Smash 4, I don't think spirits will deconfirm characters.

Anyway, this direct was kind of meh. Incineroar at least looks fun. Piranha Plant is so fucking weird I'm still trying to process it.

Back