Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I can't believe FEH will forever haunt me in Smash Bros. too. Veronica for Smash btw.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
one of these things is not like the others

one of these things just doesn't belong
Well yeah, they put Tekken on there twice. :posh:

BirdoFan87 said:
There is a storied history, not just with Nintendo, but with gaming in general. I feel like Smash celebrates all aspects and avenues of game so here are some franchises that I think should have some representation, either as playable characters, ATs, or trophies.

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

King of Fighters

Tekken

Assassin’s Creed

Suikoden

Phoenix Wright

NiGHTs

Professor Layton

Banjo-Kazooie

Tekken

Brazzers

Tomb Raider

Uncharted

Crazy Taxi

Worms

Bonk

Saint’s Row

Twisted Metal

LEGO

Devil May Cry

Conker

Endless Ocean

Wild Arms

What do you guys think?

Honestly I prefer Smash to be a mostly Nintendo characters with a bit of third party, but if we get too much of these, it really would feel messy.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to see these, but we need to be reminded that it's still Smash Bros, the series that brings Nintendo All-Stars together, so I consider third parties just as guest. Well maybe except Sonic, MegaMan, PacMan. These fit too well in there.

BirdoFan87 said:
There is a storied history, not just with Nintendo, but with gaming in general. I feel like Smash celebrates all aspects and avenues of game

You may feel that way but you're wrong.

Mcmadness said:
BirdoFan87 said:
There is a storied history, not just with Nintendo, but with gaming in general. I feel like Smash celebrates all aspects and avenues of game

You may feel that way but you're wrong.
Well, it kinda does.
We have Nintendo along with the mascots of Sega, Capcom, Konami and Square-Enix (which also has the added benefit of adding the poster-boy for the PS1 (RPGwise anyway): Cloud Strife). We haven't seen anything like this since Captain N and that was nowhere near as ambitious.
Though, most of the stuff on that list is just plain silly.

"Game" is a lot more than just that.

correct me if im wrong but every character in smash including the third parties have at least 1 Nintendo game pre their Smash debut.

So unless im incorrect on the statement , then it's pretty much all about Nintendo.

Swiftie_Luma said:
correct me if im wrong but every character in smash including the third parties have at least 1 Nintendo game pre their Smash debut.

So unless im incorrect on the statement , then it's pretty much all about Nintendo.
Snake has.
Technically Cloud has, but I find it borderline cheating considering Kingdom Hearts was really the only times that it wasn't just as part of an ensamble/crossover.
Yes, I'm aware of the irony in that post.

Mcmadness said:
"Game" is a lot more than just that.
Retro-gaming then.

I still can't believe they're putting all this stuff on the switch... a console(?) you can play anywhere

This game is probably going to take over my life

This was talked for a bit about on Discord. But apparently it looks like it will be possible to unlock any characters outside the Original 12/8 from the start if you have and scan your Amiibo of that character.

So if I want to, I can get Sonic (As well as Mega Man, and Pac-Man. All the other Amiibo though are Original 12 members and... Waluigi. Though if it's actually Original 8 as the starters then I can unlock Luigi early too) from the get go.

But I'm kinda torn, I think it will all really depend on how character unlocks are done. I may prefer to unlock everybody so I feel like I earn the entire roster instead if the method's are fun and/or interestingly varied. But if it's tedious or at least takes forever to get to Sonic then I'll do it. But I think Sonic will be the only exception if I unlock anybody with an Amiibo. For now though, it depends how unlocks are done, which we don't know completely yet.

I think the Smash 4 Amiibo are still compatible with Ultimate, so that only leaves Young Link, Pichu and Snake with no clear way for right now.
I'm in the same boat. If the unlock methods are fun, I'll do it manually but if I can't wait, I'll just scan Bowser and Junior in and have them from the get-go.

ThatGuy62 said:
Young Link, Pichu and Snake with no clear way for right now.
Young Link has the Majora's Mask amiibo I assume. Also Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur, but I guess the latter two could use the Charizard amiibo.

J & Siph said:
I just want to know if Pichu has his adorable blue pilot outfit again.
I think Pikachu lost the goggles, so that's probably a sign.

Oh boy what if Plusle and Minun are echo fighters

Yeah I'm sure that will happen.

Princess Mario said:
Oh boy what if Plusle and Minun are echo fighters

I'd doubt that.

Although it is possible seeing they might have been considered for Brawl? But I don't see it happening, they're most likely gonna go with a new Pokemon, perhaps Decidueye or Gardevoir, since at this point one of them is probably the most likely out of the Gen 7 starters, and the other one has had rumors surrounding it being a newcomer.

Deku said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Young Link has the Majora's Mask amiibo I assume. Also Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur, but I guess the latter two could use the Charizard amiibo.
Wasn't it confirmed that all veterans that were absent in Smash 4 are getting amiibo or am I mistaken?

If Spirits will be a full fledged story mode then most likely the end credits will consist of staff members of the game, while Classic mode will have you maybe shoot the characters m assist trophies and items like in Brawl. Or something like that.

Czario said:
Deku said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Wasn't it confirmed that all veterans that were absent in Smash 4 are getting amiibo or am I mistaken?
They will, I was just responding to ThatGuy62's post.

Back