Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

Shota Aizawa said:
Alex95 said:
Bayonetta I am incredibly iffy on. I still don't think she's the type of character for Smash, overly seductive woman and all.
same case could be made for zero suit samus

True, but ZSSamus doesn't flaunt around as much as Bayonetta does. Bayonetta teases and dances around with almost every move she makes, like she's showing off her sexiness. Samus seems to just prefer to get the job done, aside from a taunt or so.

memoryman3 said:
Alex95 said:
Will my Inkling Girl amiibo finally get some use???

Well, since Nintendo have been pushing the Inklings HARD....yes. I can certainly see it.

I am more worried about the fact that Toad, Daisy and Waluigi have amiibo, but you can't train them in Smash yet.
There's also the Boo, Koopa, and Goomba amiibo.

Alex95 said:
Shota Aizawa said:
Alex95 said:
Bayonetta I am incredibly iffy on. I still don't think she's the type of character for Smash, overly seductive woman and all.
same case could be made for zero suit samus

True, but ZSSamus doesn't flaunt around as much as Bayonetta does. Bayonetta teases and dances around with almost every move she makes, like she's showing off her sexiness. Samus seems to just prefer to get the job done, aside from a taunt or so.
I personally don't mind at all. Smash Bros. is a series that celebrates Nintendo and even gaming history, and at some points in time they have helped create more adult games. They felt like she was a good part of their history to incorporate, and I'd have the same reaction with any other character from an M-rated game. It's a very cool inclusion.

Plus, Bayonetta really doesn't flaunt all that much in game, and there's already a large cast of female characters that don't at all, so it's not like every character is sexualized. Say what you will about the children playing the game and whatnot, but I really don't think she makes enough of an impact on them for it to be an issue.

toned down sexual flaunting is way worse than violence
:yoshi:

Besides, the more flaunting those characters do, the better those animation move swaps will turn out. :diddy:

If it’s the 5th one and not a port, I hope the new theme song is better than 4’s theme, because it’s my least favorite theme song in the series.

Same here. I spend a bit of time in the menu. The music gets irritating to listen to after a short while.

Anser said:
Please, for the love of God, do NOT add Daisy.
Don't worry, I don't think Nintendo is going to do anything too big for Daisy this year. Next year maybe, since it'll be her 30th Anniversary, but definitely not this year.
Same for Waluigi, with his 20th Anniversary being in 2020.

I would love them to add a story mode, I don’t care if it’s as big as Brawl or straightforward like Melee, give me a story mode for Christ’s sake!

I hope they bring back Target Test, because I did not like when they replaced it with an Angry Birds rip-off.

Hope they make the Star KOs work properly this time, not this "1/3 chance they'll be Star Ko and the 2/3 chance it's just a blast ko" crap.

what about screen ko's, they're freaking hilarious

Plague Knight said:
I hope they bring back Target Test, because I did not like when they replaced it with an Angry Birds rip-off.

Target Blast does reduce the amount of development time needed. With a roster that's way over 50 characters, it's not worth the hassle to be creating Target Smash stages for everyone; you'd also be adding to the amount of challenges that you must complete.

MnSG said:
With a roster that's way over 50 characters, it's not worth the hassle to be creating Target Smash stages for everyone; you'd also be adding to the amount of challenges that you must complete.
They haven't made character-exclusive target tests since Melee. Brawl only had 5 tests that were the same for every character.

J-Yoshi64 said:
They haven't made character-exclusive target tests since Melee. Brawl only had 5 tests that were the same for every character.

That's not exactly a good thing for some fighters though.

I think they could solve the problem with Target Test by having one stage be made for every five or so characters. Characters with similar movesets could get the same stage (e.g. Link and Marth).

The GameFAQs board for Smash Switch is a massive s***show, half the topics are either about removing FE characters or obsessing over K. Rool and Ridley, all with the utmost passion and fervor as if the fate of the world depended on it. I mean... I see where people are coming from, but SmashFAQs takes "serious business" to a whole new level.

If they put in Lloyd, I hope his percentage goes up whenever he grabs a Maxim Tomato.

To be honest I kinda almost half expect that every character from Smash 4 may be back safe and sound. Even some of the clones like Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario. Unless any of the 3rd Parties have a Konami style break-up with Nintendo, most of the 3rd parties are likely staying. Many of these characters made for Smash 4 hasven't quite got to be played by a good amount of people because not everybody had the Wii U game (There was 3DS which by unit number sold was more successful, but Smash is best on a console with control options and easier multiplayer options) and it might feel like a waste if they don't bring everybody back for this coming game. Regardless of their position.

I know I kinda fed on the possibility of not everybody coming back on the OP of my merit thread. But that was only based on the possibility that not everyone comes back. When I worried about how it's hard to see every one of the 58 characters making it. That might of been part of the fervor or overreaction over whether it not it was a new game or port debating going on.

One thing I'm certainly concerned though is characters depending on mechanics or other such things. Like the transformations. Without the 3DS holding back anything, will Zelda transform into Shiek again? Same with Samus to ZSS after using the Final Smash? How about custom moves? They stopped using custom moves for any of the DLC fighters. What if they drop Custom Moves from Smash Switch completely? Will that mean the Mii Fighters aren't back? Or maybe the Mii Fighters will be the only characters with custom moves? What would that mean for Palutena? Maybe the Mii Fighters will be restricted to their 1111 movesets like how some tournaments that allowed them to be legal did? Maybe they revamp the Miis into something else entirely? I think those are actually the bigger concerns rather then some random reasons why they'd leave someone out because people don't like them for one reason or another.

Thinking about it now, I think it's more likely everybody comes back. It can still technically be a new game, just that a good majority of the roster will remain the same besides a batch of newcomers. Though with so many characters and the game coming soon. The batch of newcomers might be at most be 5 characters. You also have character balances and tweaks to consider too. Though there surely will be another period of DLC content coming after the game's release.

What about Boss Battles? Do you think that might come back, too? The only bosses in Smash 4 were Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core.

The big mooks in Smash Run are more like minibosses, even if they're more annoying to deal with than bosses, so I'm not counting them.

Ryu said:
The GameFAQs board for Smash Switch is a massive s***show, half the topics are either about removing FE characters or obsessing over K. Rool and Ridley, all with the utmost passion and fervor as if the fate of the world depended on it. I mean... I see where people are coming from, but SmashFAQs takes "serious business" to a whole new level.

the boards for pretty much any smash game in gamefaqs has pretty much always been a shitshow as far as i'm concerned.

i remember the dk vs fire emblem wars there and hoo boy am i glad i don't go there often

Back