What game to you want to be ported to the Switch?

Mintiously

Prince of LOUD.
Pronouns
They/them
why am i doing this again the last one didn't even go well

I want Mario Maker to be ported, I had to give up my Wii U to afford a switch, so I don't have the game anymore.

none ports are stupid

e: unless its a remake of an old game like sunshine

change the title to "What Mario game do you want ported to the Switch?"

All of them except Game & Wario. It can stay where it is and would be pretty difficult to rework it anyway. But especially Tropical Freeze!

Personally I would prefer a new unique title as opposed to any ports, but if I had to pick I'd say maybe Color Splash because I dont care enough about it to get it on Wii U but if it was on Switch then I'd be more open to get it.

Mario Sports Superstars

Give those amiibo cards more use and give the game the more development time it deserves

Enhanced ports for 3D World (additional playable characters, new worlds, course challenges), Mario Maker (47 or more costumes, Super Mario Challenge from 3DS version), DKC Returns + Tropical Freeze.

I don't know why people are opposed to ports. It's not like anyone is forcing you to buy them. And it gives people a chance to play these games who didn't before.

As far as Wii U games, Super Mario Maker. The rest should get sequels like most currently running series do with a new console. That would be preferable even with SMM as long as they can keep the online community from the Wii U version but since that's a concern, a port might be better. With new features of course.

Otherwise, existing games on Switch should be older ones and remakes rather than ports. TTYD for example.

TTYD definitely does NOT need a remake.

If Paper Mario games need a remake, I'd like to see the original one get it first.

Thats what sequels are for. Only remake things that haven't aged well and that game has aged just fine.

I don't know who else agrees with me but I'd like to see Nintendo come out with a remake of older Mario platformers for the Switch or Wii U. They've done it with Zelda games (Wind Waker HD, Ocarina of time 3D, etc.); for instance remaking the Wind Waker for the Wii U was a great way to reintroduce the game and bring it back to light.
I would personally love to see Super Mario Sunshine either remade or ported onto the Switch. It's a very underrated game and is only available on the gamecube thus far. It has gotten hate for a lot of deviations from mario platformers (voice acting, different game world, use of Fludd, etc.) so it looks like Nintendo slowly went more traditional with Super Mario Galaxy and 3D platformers beyond and because of this, Sunshine has been largely forgotten. As has been done with the Wind Waker a rerelease of the game, even if it was a port and not a remastered version would be a great way to bring Sunshine back into the spotlight and give it more attention it deserves.

For the same reasons a home consol remake or a port of Super Mario 64 would also be a great idea.
Nintendo already has the right idea with their remakes/releases of Zelda titles so it's high time they did the same with Mario games.

Super Mario Maker, but with stuff like SLOPES. Actually, thinking about it now, I want them to start on a clean slate so they can add radical new things like slopes and custom water and lava lakes. Also, take advantage of the Switch’s processing power and give us longer levels and less limits on items. It would also be nice if Costume Mario got access to the Fire Flower.

You know, limits are imposed not necessarily because the hardware can't handle it. I really think the Wii U can handle more than 100 blocks before it starts stuttering.

For example, Spore uses a complexity limit so that it looks like its built within hardware limitations, but there are tons of mods that remove it and that you can still pollinate animals that exceed the complexity limit and the game still functions extremely well. There's also mods that extend adventure aka level complexity as well, and it works beautifully.

I am in the minority here, but I would like to see Wario's Woods remade, since that's a fun game that has low fanfare (not helped by its lack of Japanese release beyond the Stellaview online game), and that game has Toad playable! Ideally, it combines the NES and SNES versions into the most definitive game. Would be a stretch to call it a remake if the game's title need to be changed to be more protagonist-centric.

Thank you for reading.

It would be good to have Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door ported on the Switch. Or Color Splash.

Indeed. A well-received 1st-party game released to the unsuccessful Wii U near the end of its lifespan (Paper Mario: Color Splash) deserves to be ported to the Switch, since it is many times more successful better than the Wii U ever was. That way, more people will get a chance to play it.

However, the gamepad features need to be replaced if Color Splash ever gets a Switch port

I'd personally prefer that style of Paper Mario never see the light of day again and experience the same hell it threw the original Paper Mario series into.

Huey can cameo in PM or TTYD HD to at least give one of the few highlights of CS acknowledgement.

Back