Replacing certain Mario Kart 8 Deluxe characters.

Dr. Gold Dry Bowser

Fan of Dry Bowser & Bowser
If you guys wanted Nintendo to replace extra Mario and extra Peach. Who would you guys want?

2257 said:
as much as i find "mario and peach, but this time in fursuits" to be a boring character concept, i'm sure someone likes them, and i would hate to take that away from that person. whoever they are. i know this pain too well to ever want to inflict it on another person

but if its mandatory, hammer bros all the way

Hammer Bros would be cool and yeah I suppose your right.

I love Tanooki Mario.

hi this needs to be in marioverse

anywho, me being a massive dkc fanboi needs diddy and dixie

Ditch Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Male Villager, Female Villager, Isabelle

Add Diddy Kong, Birdo, Kamek, Petey Piranha, and Wiggler.

GalacticPetey said:
Ditch Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Male Villager, Female Villager, Isabelle

Add Diddy Kong, Birdo, Kamek, Petey Piranha, and Wiggler.

Oh yeah good characters. Kamek almost made it too.

If I limit myself to replacing clones with clones, I'd replace Pink Gold Peach with Shadow Queen Peach, Tanooki Mario with Mr. L, and Cat Peach with Dark Bowser. That way along with Metal Mario, there's more variety in which characters have second versions (or third in Bowser's case) and said variations are mostly versions that originate in a context and with a different personality. I'd also replace Metal Mario with Shadow Mario, but given Metal Mario's history he has more of a reason to stay than the others. So if we need a third Mario, Shadow Mario is my choice for that. Other than Metal Mario though (who I'm still indifferent to), I much prefer alter-egos or (story-related) clones over power-ups.

I'd also replace all the guest characters with missing veterans and characters from Mario spinoffs. With the most glaring cuts and unrepped spinoffs in mind:

Link -> Birdo
Male Villager -> Diddy Kong
Female Villager -> Pauline
Isabelle -> Fawful
Inkling Boy -> Koopa Kid
Inkling Girl -> Captain Syrup

But I know these choices are unrealistic. If I was in charge I'd make them realistic though. And honestly the idea of MK8D is disappointing as is, hopefully we still get MK9 on Switch.

I wouldn't really "replace" anyone per se, rather relegate clones to a costume menu this way the people who like using them can still enjoy them and it would be a win-win. I would add Fawful, Geno, Mini Marios, Pauline, Professor E.Gadd and maybe something more recent like Glydon or the Broodals to the roster.

King Antasma said:
If I limit myself to replacing clones with clones, I'd replace Pink Gold Peach with Shadow Queen Peach, Tanooki Mario with Mr. L, and Cat Peach with Dark Bowser. That way along with Metal Mario, there's more variety in which characters have second versions (or third in Bowser's case) and said variations are mostly versions that originate in a context and with a different personality. I'd also replace Metal Mario with Shadow Mario, but given Metal Mario's history he has more of a reason to stay than the others. So if we need a third Mario, Shadow Mario is my choice for that. Other than Metal Mario though (who I'm still indifferent to), I much prefer alter-egos or (story-related) clones over power-ups.

I'd also replace all the guest characters with missing veterans and characters from Mario spinoffs. With the most glaring cuts and unrepped spinoffs in mind:

Link -> Birdo
Male Villager -> Diddy Kong
Female Villager -> Pauline
Isabelle -> Fawful
Inkling Boy -> Koopa Kid
Inkling Girl -> Captain Syrup

But I know these choices are unrealistic. If I was in charge I'd make them realistic though. And honestly the idea of MK8D is disappointing as is, hopefully we still get MK9 on Switch.
Well they are good ones I'll admit that.

I was in the mind that if you replace someone's favourite character, they would be devastated. This is something that was in the back of Sakurai's mind when it comes to characters, because he knows that cutting certain playable characters would ruin someone's day. So I would have to agree that it's better to put certain characters in the same menu rather than downright cutting them. In my mind the Villagers and Inklings could fit under one slot, while the remaining would go to Birdo and Pauline.

Thank you for reading.

NanoRim said:
I wouldn't really "replace" anyone per se, rather relegate clones to a costume menu this way the people who like using them can still enjoy them and it would be a win-win. I would add Fawful, Geno, Mini Marios, Pauline, Professor E.Gadd and maybe something more recent like Glydon or the Broodals to the roster.
Those are good ideas.

Save Link, Villagers, Isabelle and Inklings for Nintendo Kart. Then we can have Diddy, Birdo, Wiggler and Donkey Kong Jr.

Replace those fur suited clones with Pauline and E. Gadd.

Kamek and Hammer Bro are in the waiting room.

infinite8 said:
Save Link, Villagers, Isabelle and Inklings for Nintendo Kart. Then we can have Diddy, Birdo, Wiggler and Donkey Kong Jr.

Totally!

Characters get cut all the time in Mario Kart rosters. If you have to cut anyone, you might as well cut the least popular and most complained about ones.

Basically the Metal characters and fursuit characters. Very very few people would be sad to see them gone. You're not going to please everyone, but at least try to aim to please more people than a small minority.

The best character, Giant Claw!

Seriously, probably Captain Toad, Fawful, and Olimar because I'm insane and actually like the non-Mario characters.
Also, I don't see how putting characters in a dropdown would change anything. They'd still be there.

Its a statement sort of thing. Your face gets to be up there with all the other beloved characters. Pink Gold Peach's face is on that screen but Diddy's isn't. It's kind of sad and insulting even though I'm sure the developers never thought of that.

Another thing people don't seem to consider about rosters is that the tv screen (and Switch sceen) can only fit so many character faces on there before they have to shrink icons down. There's only so much room and the icons are already pretty small. So yes, there is a limit to how many characters can be on a roster. That's why hiding certain characters in drop downs is important.

infinite8 said:

Ni... Nintendo Kart?

I love this one idea! I want that!

Tanooki Mario Diddy Kong
Cat Peach Birdo
Baby Daisy Mini Marios/Assorted Minis
Baby Rosalina Captain Toad
Pink Gold Peach Petey Piranha
Link Wiggler
Isabelle Goomba/Goomba Tower
Male Villager Kamek
Female Villager Pauline
Inkling Boy Hammer Bro.
Inkling Girl Dixie Kong

Personally, I don't like Dry Bowser in Mario Kart, so I'd prefer to see him replaced with Boom Boom, but I think he has more right to stay than the others.

I'd keep Tanooki Mario and replace Cat Peach with a custom-costumed Baby Luigi that I made.

Back