Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

I can't believe the Koopa Kids are fucking dead

Mcmadness said:
The last 3 Mario parties have given absolutely zero context for why anything is happening.

I don't care all that much about story for Mario but I at least appreciate a reason for why *bleep* is happening.
It's especially weird considering they had a decent premise for MP9's Solo Mode.

Mcmadness said:
The last 3 Mario parties have given absolutely zero context for why anything is happening.

I don't care all that much about story for Mario but I at least appreciate a reason for why *bleep* is happening.

Idiots brawl out each other on who is the real superstar.
Idiots attack each other on who gets to build the land of their dreams.
Idiots battle each other for the Millenium Star.
Idiots attend a birthday party that Bowser crashes.
Idiots battle Bowser causing havoc in a Dream Depot run by Star Spirits.
Idiots watch a sun and moon fight each other.
Idiots go on a vacation, Bowser is upset.
Idiots win candy for a year and steal Kirby's weapon, Bowser gets angry.
Idiots get invited to a food party, Bowser shrinks them down.
Idiots get trapped in bubbles and crap due to Bowser.

You know, I do like the earlier stories where each playable character is at each other's throats for their selfish dreams. Most of them are composed of the good guys. I love how Mario Party has been cynically violent from the getgo.

i like how Bowser gets angry out of nothing.

No wonder nobody invites him to parties, even Bowser Jr was invited in Island Tour.

To his credit, Bowser gave them a fun time in Mario Party DS. Bowser's dealing with a band of masochists after all.

tumblr_mheqkagOpf1qihp55o1_250.gif

Got it!!! another day , another game that i mod so i can play as Rosalina and enjoy it 100%.

No game can escape. It's no use.

Swiftie strikes again

i Kinda thought it was that.

And since that's the case, it still is such a reach.

It's almost not existent

Yeeaaah where's the source for that? The editor doesn't even bother writing exactly what the cameo is.

I kind of feel weird about this game and I don't know it's because The feeling it's not the same as the original games ; I feel like the new style of the Mario party games is just too bright and toned down for the current gen.

They have removed many details of the older games that I enjoyed because they seemed a bit scary and mature for that game. The scary skateboard scamper music was removed , the Pirahna in the minigame remake doesn't bite you agressively like in the original , the tug of war ending is lame , unlike the original in which the bowser player would laugh if they won.

Balloon Busters got changed, too. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm sure it's just to make it so that other players can get in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place instead of just straight-up losing. Makes me feel like I'm getting a lousy participation trophy.

i dont want to sound negative because ultimately i enjoy playing as Rosalina in this game and the older minigames are a great throwback, but it's a bit sad compared to the original entires of each minigame.

You can tell the rules have been ''pussified''.

Now everybody, no matter what , gains coins. Stars costs less, everybody moves at the same time, rules have changed in several minigames. And the 2 modes aside from Minigame Match are simply uninspired and boring, it's really a waste Toadette only serves as a host there.

Genuinely dissapointed in that.

Hopefuly. The Mario Party on the Switch, if there's any, would fully return to how it was in the originals. It seems that with each game starting with 10 they are trying to slowly go back to what it was.

Eh, I see the car sticking around next game. The 3DS Mario Parties seem to be an experimental gameplay type of thing whereas 9 and 10 use the car.

Is there any reason for them to continue avoiding how the old ones played though? Surely Mario Party isn't also a series with tone-deaf devs... right? They made this after all, which acknowledges the older games more than other recent entries, so they could continue looking at them when making the next console one. Actually disappointed in what happened to Koopa Kids though. They weren't the most gripping characters but they were a staple of the series, even appearing in GameCube Mario Parties after Bowser Jr.'s debut, so I don't see how things are different now than then.

Because no matter what they do the series always sells and gets the same reception from general audiences and critics.

its kinda sad the series has always been a ''mixed review'' kind of series.

Though, right now , it's quite evident older games were miles better.

King Antasma said:
Is there any reason for them to continue avoiding how the old ones played though? Surely Mario Party isn't also a series with tone-deaf devs... right?
Look at the last four or five games in this series. Consider that the closest we've gotten to the classic gameplay since 8 has been Amiibo Party (or that one mode in Star Rush that had like three boards). Now ask yourself again.
In fact, I'd argue that ND Cube is worse than IS in that regard considering how many games they've had to course-correct.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Eh, they are all bad if you ask me.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Well, Mystery Dungeon and Warriors fans usually deal with the same BS from professional critics the way we Mario Party fans deal with critics. They usually get lukewarm reception at best, but they still have a large amount of fans.

Back