Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

So wait, mini game island? As in the same mini game island from Mario Party 1?

I'm a bit confused here as to what the game modes are.

Would be nice if they included a basic premise as to what the hell is going on but they basically gave up on that ever since 10.

Minigame Island seems to work the same way as it and Minigame Coaster did yes (considering them mentioned lives and you can see a map).
Aside from a few minigame modes such as decathelon mode, the only other mode that seems worth mentioning is that one Star Rush mode where you compete to get star balloons (which is classic Mario Party, except it isn't).

Sooo, I'm guessing this'll be another half-assed remake to cash in the aging 3DS.

Balloon Bash sucks.

this is a dumbed down version of star rush (which was already a dumbed down version of a Mario Party game)

but hey , ITS THE 100 BEST MP MINIGAMES

MUST BUUYYYYYYY ANSJFCNASJNCJSNAJCNSJANCAJ
CBKSABCSJABCJ
CBSAJKCBJSKAC
CJKASBCJASBJCKS

yeah no.

I guess i'll get it either way, or should i say , my way? ;3

Trunks Mario said:
Sooo, I'm guessing this'll be another half-assed remake to cash in the aging 3DS.

It's Mario Party. Of course it is.

unknown.png

Yes, this is the full roster for this game.

Baby Luigi said:
unknown.png

Clearly they wanted to appeal more to long time Mario Party fans by taking the roster back to Mario Party 3's roster

Well without DK anyway though clearly that's appeal to fans of of the Gamecube (past MP4) and Wii Mario Parties

Though they still added Rosalina for good measure for some newer fans :V

Baby Luigi said:
unknown.png

Golly, That's... awfully disappointing. I mean they could've at least included Donkey Kong if they wanted to go back to the bare basics.

This might not be an appropriate time or thread to bring it up, but this roster, plus Toadette's role as hostess, reminded me of my desire for Rosalina to be hostess for a Mario Party game.

Obviously that would me she wouldn't be playable, but I always thought the role of hostess would suit her, even if it's just for one game.

Baby Luigi said:
unknown.png

No Boo?
You can make arguments for DK or the Toads by saying they might be using certain minigames that need them or whatever, but there's honestly not even a flimsy excuse for not having Boo (especially since it was in both 3DS games).

im down with Rosalina being a host tbh

I can always play as Peach.

But i doubt i would enjoy the game as much , i mean there's a ton of memories in this one game ... blasts from the past with those minigames.

Looks like it's just the main Mario Party cast this time, plus Rosalina (who wasn't part the usual Mario Party cast). If it stars Toad that would be swell I feel, because Toad was the 8th character. I wouldn't be opposed to an unlockable surprise is what I am saying.

I agree on hostess Rosalina, because it would seem that Rosalina is most fit for one given what her role is in Super Mario Galaxy. Something to counteract on villain host Bowser basically, similar to DK in Mario Party 5 to 8.

It's great to hear old Mario Party tunes from the old games, since the latest trailer features, a tune from Mario Party 6 (Slow and Steady). Based on the GameXplain videos on 5 minigames, they used the appropriate music for 4 of the games, but I am surprised that they opted for a Mario Party 6 music (Jazzy) for a Mario Party 7 minigame (Track and Yield) instead of its original theme (Keep it Up). It might be an error on their part, but since Jazzy is awesome, I'm not complaining.

Thank you for reading.

Looks like it's carrying on the proud Bowser tradition.
I'm still annoyed that Boom Boom and Pom Pom don't have emblems yet. We've come so close.

Goomba has an "emblem" since Mario Tennis Open (since you can buy its racket)

You know, when Boo got an amiibo he was playable in Mario Party.

When Goomba and Koopa Troopa get amiibos they get small coin bonuses.

I feel ripped off.

Mcmadness said:
You know, when Boo got an amiibo he was playable in Mario Party.

When Goomba and Koopa Troopa get amiibos they get small coin bonuses.

I feel ripped off.
If it makes you feel better, he's not playable now.
:'(

Blooper, Hammer Bro., Birdo(!), Spike, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Kamek all continue to have their own party in the dust bin.

Trunks Mario said:
Blooper, Hammer Bro., Birdo(!), Spike, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Kamek all continue to have their own party in the dust bin.
...along with Boo and Dry Bones, this would be a neat roster for a Mario Party: Bowser's Troops Edition. Koopa Kid is the host.

Back