Miiverse Shutting Down on November 8th

LeftyGreenMario said:
Most of the hardware mods you'll find are softmods but since they require older versions to work and downgrading is highly unrecommended then they're generally out of reach. Just talking about options though.

That's why I said "invest" rather than go out there and grab one. As far as I know, workable ones aren't horribly expensive though.
Many people do that. But personally, I would NEVER mod my 3DS in any way, shape, or form. (Don't want to screw up my system, I care about it more than I should)

If you know what you're doing, the risk of bricking your system is extremely low. Like, don't worry about it. But if you insist, oh well.

I'd mod it because the flexibility it grants is totes worth it.

I didn't really use Miiverse all that much tbh.

Don't let anybody diss the Miiverse Sketch mode from Game & Wario, though. Or at least, don't let anyone do it and live.

Well if any of you own Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, let's do this on a daily basis:

Play every free star level we can get our hands on, so we can get enough stars to unlock as many Workshop items as possible!

GalacticPetey said:
The biggest issue is that sharing features for games like Smash and Mario Kart are being disables since they have a Miiverse component. No more sharing replays or custom stages, or uploading to YouTube.

Ironically, uploading replays onto YouTube is pretty much pointless if you're not a very popular YouTube user. Hardly anyone seems to care about 1-minute race replays, and as such, you'd be lucky to get even 100 views for a single video.

MnSG said:
Ironically, uploading replays onto YouTube is pretty much pointless if you're not a very popular YouTube user. Hardly anyone seems to care about 1-minute race replays, and as such, you'd be lucky to get even 100 views for a single video.

Most people don't upload videos to YouTube to get views.

Glowsquid said:
Camwoodstock said:
Don't let anybody diss the Miiverse Sketch mode from Game & Wario, though. Or at least, don't let anyone do it and live.

Many good troopers died drawing poo
What? I meant the disturbed emus (see spoiler). Now THAT, do not insult.

note: this is a link to a vinesauce video. viewer discretion is advised, but then again, you probably could guess that.

Camwoodstock said:
Glowsquid said:
Camwoodstock said:

Many good troopers died drawing poo
What? I meant the disturbed emus (see spoiler). Now THAT, do not insult.

note: this is a link to a vinesauce video. viewer discretion is advised, but then again, you probably could guess that.

It was a joke on how poo was a common drawing prompt and anyone who drew it got banned by the mods

The mods are the second-worst thing about that wretched place. I'm glad they'll lose their jobs, at least in this part.

I think it's the higher up shitwads who told the mods how to police Miiverse than the mods being stupid tbh.

To those who own Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, levels that have not been unshared VIA the Workshop before Miiverse is discontinued can't be withdrawn, deleted, or edited.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27328

Miiverse is shutting down today. Only one more hour left. I'll probably make a Miiverse archives thread.

I already bidded my farewells to Miiverse a few months ago, but it's still a little sad to see a piece of Nintendo bite the dust and so soon too. Although I think I was a little more bummed when the original NSider forum shut down.

I still have four hours. Might as well collect my final "Sign in to Miiverse" Nintendo point reward.

My first and last posts were Zelda related <EDIT: That's not true>. Both involving glitches. RIP Miiverse. Here's hoping the Switch gets something similar in the future (and Nintendo keeps it up).

When I saw this thread, I was afraid that there would be people who would declare the Miiverse as worthless, so I didn't dare to check it out. Now that it's down (I think), I went to check and while there were certainly some who think so, I am glad that there are those that see value in it, including me. Personally, I like the aspect of sharing great moments I did on Miiverse, so it's a bit sad to see it being taken down.

Still though, I can live with its absence because as DryBowzillaJP says: nothing lasts forever. That is to say, I appreciated the social media platform that Nintendo started, but I am not overly sad that it's down because it's unfeasible to maintain it forever.

Thank you for reading.

Back