Miiverse Shutting Down on November 8th

Nintendo's Japanese website announced that Miiverse will be closing it's doors on November 8th, 2017. That really sucks, because I'd post there a lot. (First Club Penguin, and now this!?)

To rub more salt in the wound, many Miiverse-based games (Such as Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars) will lose their main purposes (Which will be explained in a later thread).

Well, we better find a Miiverse replacement, soon. Or create one.

Miiverse shutting down! I know that I haven't made many posts on that, but with the next Mario & Luigi (actually a remake) coming soon on the 3DS, I have a problem. The problem is that since it is a remake, I may want some pictures for it. Even if it is not an actual post, I can still get pictures.

Edit: Nope. Not even pictures, though this is after it has ended. Oh, well. :(

Well

Time to save all that great Splatoon art onto my computer.

Well I hope we can still be able to view all the posts, like you can on Vine even after it shut down.

I don't care about Miiverse at all, but I'm annoyed that this means that level sharing games like Mario Maker and Mario vs. Donkey Kong will likely be affected.

Better start farming to finish the costumes and buy Mini Gold Mario

After November 7th, 2017, players can still upload courses, but will be unable to comment on any.
And if they also remove all comments from the game itself (commented stories will be gone)... This will make it more like it's remake.

Ninelevendo said:
I don't care about Miiverse at all, but I'm annoyed that this means that level sharing games like Mario Maker and Mario vs. Donkey Kong will likely be affected.

Better start farming to finish the costumes and buy Mini Gold Mario

Dear god, I was thinking about the free star levels when I was writing this thread.. *Sips tears of the star farmers*

Jet Set Red Yoshi said:
After November 7th, 2017, players can still upload courses, but will be unable to comment on any.
And if they also remove all comments from the game itself (commented stories will be gone)... This will make it more like it's remake.
Still a lot better than the 3DS version because you'll still be able to upload courses and browse through other people's courses.

Yeah, but playing-the-levels-wise, this would mean no comments-on-or-hardly-a-way-to-play levels. And to some extent, searching for levels is easy, as long as you know what you are looking for (knowing the difficulty helps).

DragonFreak said:
I'm reading on all the changes Miiverse being dead will affect games and god nintendo how fucking moronic can you get.
Oh yeah so dumb shutting down a service that was a cancer on a system they're no longer supporting.

It's time to official say good by to the wonderful Intellectuals of Miiverse™, it was a good run, and I'll miss the "Sonic is a girl" type posts.

Baby Luigi said:
It's time to official say good by to the wonderful Intellectuals of Miiverse™, it was a good run, and I'll miss the "Sonic is a girl" type posts.
And I'll also miss the crudely-drawn Mini-Toys.
WVW69jynqiYCDg8Etj
WVW69jrB100P2d74tX
WVW69j5gBn8jCSkr-R
WVW69iQ-NPMwNSyfFI
WVW69i4JY6EsoUIpRr
lol

I made an experiment at one point to see how terrible the users of Miiverse were.

WVW69jYE04Ufd1y_FE

It became my most liked post.

The Onion Knight said:
DragonFreak said:
I'm reading on all the changes Miiverse being dead will affect games and god nintendo how fucking moronic can you get.
Oh yeah so dumb shutting down a service that was a cancer on a system they're no longer supporting.
The biggest issue is that sharing features for games like Smash and Mario Kart are being disables since they have a Miiverse component. No more sharing replays or custom stages, or uploading to YouTube.

You can call it inconvenient and costs money but it's superior to just invest in a capture device for videos. Sharing custom stages might be a problem but it's bad trying to tie it to Miiverse. Screenshots, well, the Wii U lets you upload directly to image sharing services and the 3DS, if it doesn't have that as well, can be modded and there are screenshot-taking software.

LeftyGreenMario said:
You can call it inconvenient and costs money but it's superior to just invest in a capture device for videos. Sharing custom stages might be a problem but it's bad trying to tie it to Miiverse. Screenshots, well, the Wii U lets you upload directly to image sharing services and the 3DS, if it doesn't have that as well, can be modded and there are screenshot-taking software.
I would get one if they weren't crazy expensive. And I really don't want to have my 3DS hardmodded, since I care about it a lot.

Most of the hardware mods you'll find are softmods but since they require older versions to work and downgrading is highly unrecommended then they're generally out of reach. Just talking about options though.

That's why I said "invest" rather than go out there and grab one. As far as I know, workable ones aren't horribly expensive though.

Back