Is Yoshi Peach's best friend now? [WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY]

memoryman3

Dry Bones
Banned User
Can't help but think that this is the case now :-\

:mario: :luigi: :peach: :yoshi:

Peach invited Yoshi to her statue unveiling before the events of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and not her supposed sister in arms.

0AkmF0G.png

Peach and Yoshi are seen go karting together in Mario Kart 8's official artwork in multiplayer.

c5cc7b9ab2a122a97742f083a3249557.png

Here are their matching Wii Remotes...

5358f7e1642ccb.jpg

And them in a car...

MP10_Car_Group_Art.png

There are countless other examples pairing Peach with Yoshi that I haven't listed here. It makes me curious. Are Peach and Yoshi best friends? Does Peach trust Yoshi as her royal guard of sorts? Or loyal companion. Has she been impressed by the fact that Yoshi is now capable of standing upright and thinking for himself?

Or is it just marketing material made to take advantage of the dinosaur's popularity. Come to think of it, I don't see Birdo around that much anymore.

^ Totally worth the $30 you pay each month?

memoryman3 said:
Peach invited Yoshi to her statue unveiling before the events of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and not her supposed sister in arms.
Because Yoshi's more popular and more important.

10/10 would definitely send to BuzzFeed

This is a unique topic. How could I have ever guessed you were bitter towards Yoshi.

(I personally prefer The Main Four to be Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser but since Bowser's a villain I understand using someone else as the fourth)

Yoshi is no one's best friend because no one wants to be seen friends with that abomination.

No, he isn't, and here's a few clues why:
1. Yoshi is generally more liked than Daisy, so he is almost certain to appear in spin-off games, as is Peach, whereas Daisy not so much.
2. When using the Mario Party 10 example, you have to remember that at least one of the Mario Party 9 ones had Peach, Wario, Mario and Yoshi together in the car.
3. Generally, they are seen as the main four characters, so they will be seen doing more stuff together as they are seen as the four main characters of the series, closely followed by Bowser.
4. Also, I can only think of one game where Peach has ridden Yoshi, so he seems closer to the Toads in that sense.

That whole (original) post is just crying out for someone to make a Game Theory joke.

BBQ Turtle said:
No, he isn't, and here's a few clues why:
1. Yoshi is generally more liked than Daisy, so he is almost certain to appear in spin-off games, as is Peach, whereas Daisy not so much.
2. When using the Mario Party 10 example, you have to remember that at least one of the Mario Party 9 ones had Peach, Wario, Mario and Yoshi together in the car.
3. Generally, they are seen as the main four characters, so they will be seen doing more stuff together as they are seen as the four main characters of the series, closely followed by Bowser.
4. Also, I can only think of one game where Peach has ridden Yoshi, so he seems closer to the Toads in that sense.

The bolded seems like it was forced upon us. Yoshi immediately got his own games soon after his debut, and he's getting uglier and uglier across modern appearances.

well, think about their debuts-

Yoshi was a cool new ally who provided Mario with different gameplay abilities, Daisy was literally a stand-in for Peach in a game where not even the villain was a rip-off of the "main" one.

Hey, I much prefer Daisy over Yoshi, she is my joint favourite Mario character, but looking at the wider picture, more people like Yoshi than Daisy. And anyway, at the time Yoshi was more open to game opportunities than Daisy, as it was a dinosaur who had new abilities versus a character whose only characteristics were described in the manual and not at all in the game. I think Yoshi's quite cute anyway, I prefer his modern appearance to the old one.

BBQ Turtle said:
Hey, I much prefer Daisy over Yoshi, she is my joint favourite Mario character, but looking at the wider picture, more people like Yoshi than Daisy. And anyway, at the time Yoshi was more open to game opportunities than Daisy, as it was a dinosaur who had new abilities versus a character whose only characteristics were described in the manual and not at all in the game. I think Yoshi's quite cute anyway, I prefer his modern appearance to the old one.

I think he can be cute if he's a mount or with other Yoshi's...not standing up and all upright like he is now.

Well, I mean Yoshi has his advantages over Daisy.

-You can ride Yoshi (i mean i guess you could hypothetically ride daisy, but i dont think she would like that very much)
-Yoshi is a dinosaur, which are for the most part extinct, making him a rarity
-You could brag to people about how you're friends with a dinosaur
-If something or someone is giving you trouble on the street, Yoshi can and will eat it for you
-Yoshi is dependable, he'd let himself fall down a pit if it meant you could clear it
-Yoshi makes a good watchdog
-Yoshi can flutter in the air for an extra boost
-Yoshi makes eggs, meaning as far as breakfast goes, you're set for life

Magikrazy said:
-Yoshi makes eggs, meaning as far as breakfast goes, you're set for life
Unless you're me, which means you'll need to find a new friend to make breakfast.

Monster said:
This is a unique topic. How could I have ever guessed you were bitter towards Yoshi.

(I personally prefer The Main Four to be Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser but since Bowser's a villain I understand using someone else as the fourth)

I'd argue Bowser is one of the main 4, in terms of appearances those 4 do have the most across the series, you don't have to be a protagonist to be a main character.

As for the subject at hand. Daisy is roster padding, nothing more, nothing less.

Magikrazy said:
(i mean i guess you could hypothetically ride daisy, but i dont think she would like that very much)
I feel like there's a very immature joke I could make here, but I'm better than that.

Well I'm not.

Not that it matters anyway since I wouldn't fuck that if you paid me.

John said:
You just called the baby Mario bros. "no one."

No, I didn't. I said "no one".

memoryman3 said:
Yoshi seemed like he was shoehorned into Mario 64 DS to be honest.
IKR? It was shoehorned in Mario Party Advance, Monopoly Gamers Edition, Super Mario Adventures, the Super Mario World cartoon, edible gummies, an airport sign and god forbid Super Mario Fun Picture Book 3: Chaos at the Amusement Park.

Back