What is the most legitimately cruel act throughout the franchise?

The most cruel act was implementing motion control mini games into Super Mario Galaxy.

I never want to do another rolling ball level again.

Sling Pod Galaxy is cruel to Mario. What did Mario ever do to deserve this?

Forgot about the entire Mario Party series

799px-Burnstile.png

Look how much fun these characters are having! Don't you want to join?

You run the risk of getting brain hemorrhages and a massive blood leak in the stomach from this minigame, but it's totally worth it to see that look in Wario's face when he's knocked away.

If we're doing side games too, WaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHluigi's exclusion from Mario Kart 7 is definitely a contender

When you're forced to watch the Toad's have their life force slowly drained in PiT is always pretty depressing.

ArchagentEverlasting said:
When you're forced to watch the Toad's have their life force slowly drained in PiT is always pretty depressing.
That description reminded me of Colour Splash, which featured the Toad being sucked out of its colour by Shy Guys.

Thank you for reading.

As far as I'm concerned, misery for Toads is the opposite of cruel. The cruel part is giving me as a player an objective to save those little bastards. I say let em die, more room for better characters.

From the outset, capturing seems pretty cruel. Basically, you're throwing Cappy at a another creature to gain full control of its body and leaving it no control over itself, occupying the same space as it, which I imagine is painful, and distorting its body so you can have some different abilities. Seems pretty evil.

And on a marginally less sensible note, making you suffer through the Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games credits twice, once when you complete the main story and once when you complete all of the bonus stories, only to see the photo at the end of the second one animated with just two of the characters. For goodness sake, they take over fifteen minutes each, and they don't let you skip them. That's just cruelty to the player.

BBQ Turtle said:
For goodness sake, they take over fifteen minutes each, and they don't let you skip them. That's just cruelty to the player.
seems like they took a page out of how Ubisoft does credits in their games

Back