Things that you want to see in New Super Mario Bros. Switch

Sure it is. I see that stuff happen in level hacks all the time.

Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, I advise any Mario fan to play.

And if they come up with another derivative NSMB game, I shall not be purchasing it.

Nintendo has been giving certain enemies so little attention. In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the Hammer Bro only appeared in World 1-3, while only two Cheep Chomps were present. Of course, the Cheep Chomps were programed to give the player three 1-up Mushrooms when defeated, which can easily explain their rarity.

My own mod for New Super Mario Bros. Wii (which was made in 2013) does give certain enemies more course appearances, but it was removed, due to plagiarism issues with the courses; it's almost impossible to be original with your New Super Mario Bros. Wii courses now.

I'm no coursemaker, but I think what you might be trying to say is that you find it difficult to be original. Nintendo is a different story, and they can make a game from scratch, not just a hack.

I now have a video about my expectations and the things I want in NSMB Switch.

Edit: I have a new version of my New Super Mario Bros Switch expectations video that replaces the old one.

You know I just got an idea.

Imagine a 3D NSMB.

They’ll have to work something else for 2D.

I've got a better idea. How about we get rid of NSMB and just make more 3D world styled games alongside Odyssey like games?

3D world/land does everything I like about NSMB but better.

I'd miss 2D platformers though. Although I think 2D Mario is in need of severe shake-up, that's why it needs a new installment more than ever, so it can get the shake-up it deserves.

Well hopefully after Super Mario Run disappointed Nintendo realized they can't just keep farting out mediocrity and expecting people to buy it.

Baby Luigi said:
I'd miss 2D platformers though. Although I think 2D Mario is in need of severe shake-up, that's why it needs a new installment more than ever, so it can get the shake-up it deserves.
600px-WLSI_Wario2.jpg

A shake-up indeed

Goddammit when will we get a new Wario Land again?

Never.

It's been about a decade since the last one.

Perhaps they should do a bit of a split up of the games now, and have 3 main series. They could have open 3D games (Like Odyssey, 64 and Sunshine), more linear 3D games as an indirect takeover from NSMB (Similar to 3D World and Land, but also like Galaxy), so keeping a similar art style for transition before scrapping all remnants of the "New" Super Mario Bros. series, and start a new 2D series using the Yoichi Kotabe art style.

When I said "imagine a 3D NSMB" I menat that they’d have to do something new for the 2Ds, not getting rid of them.

I don’t know, make an exploration-based 2D platformer, everyone’d like to see that.

Baby Luigi said:
So Super Mario Run isn't enough then? Okay maybe we could have Super Mario 2D series.

I don't want to see a New Super Mario Bros game on Switch. I want to see a truly imaginative 2D Mario game, perhaps under the title 'Super Mario Bros 6' or something. It'd have a new art style (maybe with hand drawn visuals or something), orchestrated music, interesting world themes, new characters and enemies... basically, it'd be like Odyssey was for the 3D games, except for the 2D Mario titles instead.

Enough with the SMB 3 nostalgia Nintendo.

I think Peach being playable will make NSMB better. NSMBU didn't do that which was the big problem since the same old monotonous plot is the problem. It was fine for NSMBDS and NSMBWii but not NSMB2 or NSMBU.

CM30 said:
I don't want to see a New Super Mario Bros game on Switch. I want to see a truly imaginative 2D Mario game, perhaps under the title 'Super Mario Bros 6' or something. It'd have a new art style (maybe with hand drawn visuals or something), orchestrated music, interesting world themes, new characters and enemies... basically, it'd be like Odyssey was for the 3D games, except for the 2D Mario titles instead.

Enough with the SMB 3 nostalgia Nintendo.
We could have the Super Mario 2D series where it will be like what Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World were for 3D Mario by making it play like 2D Mario. We can have 2D Mario play like 3D Mario. There will be a lot of exploration. It can be like Super Mario 63 for example.

CM30 said:
I want to see a truly imaginative 2D Mario game, perhaps under the title 'Super Mario Bros 6' or something.
Aside from Nintendo having abandoned numbering the Super Mario games way back in 1990, there was never a Super Mario Bros. 5. Wouldn't really be smart of them to name a game Super Mario Bros. 6.

Back