Things that you want to see in New Super Mario Bros. Switch

Mister Apple said:
Or someone/something other than a princess.
Yeah that too, like Pauline, King Fret and Prince Pine.

Some more diverse boss fights would be a good thing to have. For an example of how that could possibly work out...

World 1 - Fort: Boom Boom
World 1 - Castle: Larry Koopa
World 2 - Fort: Big Mummipokey
World 2 - Castle: Morton Koopa Jr.
World 3 - Fort: Pom Pom
World 3 - Castle: Wendy O. Koopa
World 4 - Fort 1: Reznor (x4)
World 4 - Fort 2: Petey Piranha
World 4 - Castle: Iggy Koopa
World 5 - Fort 1: Boom Boom (gains wings and flies in the second battle)
World 5 - Fort 2: Boss Sumo Bro
World 5 - Castle: Roy Koopa
World 6 - Fort 1: Reznor (x6)
World 6 - Fort 2: Chief Chilly
World 6 - Castle: Lemmy Koopa
World 7 - Fort 1: Pom Pom (creates clones of herself in the second battle)
World 7 - Fort 2: Lakithunder
World 7 - Castle: Ludwig von Koopa
World 8 - Fort 1: Reznor (x8)
World 8 - Castle 1: Bowser Jr.
World 8 - Fort 2: Kamek
World 8 - Castle 2: Bowser

MnSG said:
Some more diverse boss fights would be a good thing to have. For an example of how that could possibly work out...

World 1 - Fort: Boom Boom
World 1 - Castle: Larry Koopa
World 2 - Fort: Big Mummipokey
World 2 - Castle: Morton Koopa Jr.
World 3 - Fort: Pom Pom
World 3 - Castle: Wendy O. Koopa
World 4 - Fort 1: Reznor (x4)
World 4 - Fort 2: Petey Piranha
World 4 - Castle: Iggy Koopa
World 5 - Fort 1: Boom Boom (gains wings and flies in the second battle)
World 5 - Fort 2: Boss Sumo Bro
World 5 - Castle: Roy Koopa
World 6 - Fort 1: Reznor (x6)
World 6 - Fort 2: Chief Chilly
World 6 - Castle: Lemmy Koopa
World 7 - Fort 1: Pom Pom (creates clones of herself in the second battle)
World 7 - Fort 2: Lakithunder
World 7 - Castle: Ludwig von Koopa
World 8 - Fort 1: Reznor (x8)
World 8 - Castle 1: Bowser Jr.
World 8 - Fort 2: Kamek
World 8 - Castle 2: Bowser
The ability to play as Peach from the start and not have her be kidnapped would save NSMB and would make it a whole lot better. Peach could also use customizable outfits and hairstyles kinda like how Roll did in Mega Man Powered Up on PSP except have it be there from the start instead of being DLC. It would also work the same way in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Mario Sports Mix.

~Unique world themes instead of the standard Grassland, Desert, Beach, Snowfield, Forest, Mountains, Sky and Volcano pattern we've been getting.
~Fresh and original boss designs that aren't the Koopalings. (Sorta like what the first NSMB did.)
~New music that aren't remixes of previous NSMB tunes. (Though if there is at least one NSMB track that I would like to get a remix of, it would definitely be this one.)
~Maybe freshen up the art style a bit?
~Wario and Waluigi taking the places of the Blue and Yellow Toads.
~Maybe include Wart and/or Tatanga as a secret boss?
~Some Sky pop/marine pop stages would be cool.

Ooh, on the subject of bosses, why not have bosses in non-fortress/tower/castle/airship levels?
I think they'd work especially well for secret exits.

Using music tracks from Super Mario 3D Land and/or Super Mario 3D World would be nice, just to get away from the constant music track repeats.

Athletic

Desert Overworld

Deep Jungle

Mountain Palace

Snow Overworld

Ghost House

Volcano Overworld

Rising Lava

A new villain that isn't Bowser.

That's the biggest lie I've ever told in my life.

Mister Apple said:
I think the Mario series can continue doing without stories.
I think that it would improve levels greatly if they had mini-stories to them that added personality to what might otherwise be a generic left-to-right level.

Not really. I don't play Mario games for their stories. I think they'd benefit more from mini-cutscenes like in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or general character interaction, not any story.

Mister Apple said:
I think the Mario series can continue doing without stories.
I think that it would improve levels greatly if they had mini-stories to them that added personality to what might otherwise be a generic left-to-right level.

Not really. I don't play Mario games for their stories. I think they'd benefit more from mini-cutscenes like in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or general character interaction, not any story.

I wholly agree with you! I may not have been clear, so I'll try to explain myself better:

The game's main story can be as simple as Princess Peach being kidnapped by Bowser. (I'd prefer something like a powerful artefact, because the whole Peach thing is stale and slightly sexist.)
I just want levels to have something going on in them. It can be interactions between characters like you said, or some kind of mini-story (it could be something as Snowman's Lost His Head from Mario 64, where something's happened to someone and you have to fix it), or some unique theme to the level (instead of a generic grassland, something like a park or a savannah). I just feel like levels should be more than area you have to traverse.

Mister Apple said:
The game's main story can be as simple as Princess Peach being kidnapped by Bowser.

I think it's time that another princess should be kidnapped by Bowser like how he did in Super Mario 3D World. Bowser kidnapped the Sprixie Princesses and that was the first time Bowser had kidnapped another princess other than Peach. He did move on for once. That was a good thing and it was original.

Mister Apple said:
I wholly agree with you! I may not have been clear, so I'll try to explain myself better:

The game's main story can be as simple as Princess Peach being kidnapped by Bowser. (I'd prefer something like a powerful artefact, because the whole Peach thing is stale and slightly sexist.)
I just want levels to have something going on in them. It can be interactions between characters like you said, or some kind of mini-story (it could be something as Snowman's Lost His Head from Mario 64, where something's happened to someone and you have to fix it), or some unique theme to the level (instead of a generic grassland, something like a park or a savannah). I just feel like levels should be more than area you have to traverse.

Yeah yeah, think about in terms of Dark Moon or Mario + Rabbids and I fully agree with you. More of that, please.

Bring back the blue shell from the original NSMB. That thing is WELL overdue for a return.

What if you could mix the effects of different power-ups similarly to what Kirby 64/Squeak Squad/Switch does? For example if Mario has both a fire flower and ice flower in his inventory he can mix them together to become Water Mario, or say if he had a fire flower and a blue shell he becomes Blazing Shell Mario.

Mega Mushroom+Fire Flower= Apocalyptic Mario.

-Actual minigames and multiplayer mode maybe like original NSMB one? That game was best.

-For once, please actually do new things more than same thing [look at NSMBU and NSMB2]

-For once let Peach be playable for once.

-New themes or just upgrade the pattern in crazy way or just complete-new style.

-More creative bosses [New bosses as well please]

-An unexpected thing we do not expect at the end.

I'd also like to see a power-up crash as well. It'll allow you to go super saiyan with a power up with enough coins and whatnot.

CamTro said:
-For once, please actually do new things more than same thing [look at NSMBU and NSMB2]

-For once let Peach be playable for once.
That's what I've been saying and what I really want. It's the same here.

Also, alongside that I want character customization like in Mega Man Powered Up on PSP with Roll but not have it be DLC.

Camwoodstock said:
Bring back the blue shell from the original NSMB. That thing is WELL overdue for a return.

I freaking loved that power-up, I want that thing to return too.

I want a giant Bowser as the final boss, all the other bosses being either Bowser Jr. or Koopalings who only attack by firing a single easily-avoided magic wand blast and who slowly roll in their shells when hit,, grassland desert tropics toxic swamps snow mountain hell inferno world themes in that order, another snake block level in a castle, another hell inferno level where you have to use blocks as covers from descending debris, bah bahs added to every single compositions that still don't have them, classic Mario characters blue Toad and yellow Toad and no blue shell

Also, second level in the game should be underground, World 8 has a bone coaster level, and there is raft level in the toxic swamp world.

Back