Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Mcmadness said:
Where did you find that?
Sorry I should share stuff more haha

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nextn.es/2017/09/impresiones-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-3ds/amp/

Can't be bothered translating it rn, too hard on a phone.

The review you linked says several times that the remake is "too faithful" so I guess those fawful bots won't affect the story too much? I dunno.

Mechawfuls? That's a bit odd, Fawful didn't start theming things around himself until BIS. Well, except for during his second battle in SSS. As much as I like BIS Fawful I hope they don't try to make him closer to that incarnation here because I like how he developed from a minion in SSS to independent in BIS.

Another thing that I'm not too sure about is how much time Bowser and Fawful spend interacting. In BIS, Bowser acts like Fawful's a new threat which sorta makes sense as he barely saw him in SSS except as Bowletta. But here, Fawful captures him for a while so it makes it more odd that he didn't remember any of this in BIS.

I've been editing a video going over the JP website and the trailers from the Direct and now I feel like it'll be outdated :P

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mechawfuls? That's a bit odd, Fawful didn't start theming things around himself until BIS. Well, except for during his second battle in SSS. As much as I like BIS Fawful I hope they don't try to make him closer to that incarnation here because I like how he developed from a minion in SSS to independent in BIS.

Another thing that I'm not too sure about is how much time Bowser and Fawful spend interacting. In BIS, Bowser acts like Fawful's a new threat which sorta makes sense as he barely saw him in SSS except as Bowletta. But here, Fawful captures him for a while so it makes it more odd that he didn't remember any of this in BIS.

I've been editing a video going over the JP website and the trailers from the Direct and now I feel like it'll be outdated :P

Yus exactly this! This my concerns!!!

My main concern is what Mcmadness was saying, this game doesn't seem to really do anything new aside from minor changes and graphics. The review was saying that the game feels "too faithful", as in they've hardly changed anything, so I'm hoping that the end-game is changed, but otherwise all of the new stuff is in the Bowser's minions submode.

They've still changed things like gear/badges which is one of my favourite parts about battling so at least that's been changed/improved.

I don't think big changes are needed. The biggest excitement for me is getting to experience the original game rebuilt on newer technology. And for those who want new content, a whole new gameplay mode that adds more story sure seems like substantial new content to me.

I'm still excited anyway, I just kinda hoped that there was something more. I guess that "more" is just disguised as Bowser's Minions so I haven't really considered it being an expansion, if you get what I mean.

As for the continuity (is that the word?) changes, it makes me wonder if they're changing things so that they can make things different for future remakes (which means we hopefully get PIT and BIS remakes, they'd be nice) or if it's just Alphadream not caring and changing things just for the sake of changing them.

I got the impression that Bowser was unconscious when Fawful captured him so I don't think Fawful capturing him changes much between them. Bowser knew about Fawful in the original as well so I think that characters not having previous knowledge of them in games is just Alphadream not wanting to make new players feel left out (like Kylie Koopa on Dream Team).

Minion Quest to me doesn't really feel like a substantial addition. It could have easily been a part of an entirely different game.

Here's an obscure trailer that seems to be published by an official Nintendo channel yet has less than 100 views at 2 days old :P Regardless, it has something amusing at the very end.

EDIT: I uploaded a 43 minute analysis/discussion going over the websites and Japanese trailers if anyone's interested in that, though it's not completely current as there's been more stuff revealed while I was editing this:

This looks like the European English trailer, released before embargo because why not.
Anyway, now "Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser" has an English logo too, confirming that this long name replaces "Koopa Troop RPG". That ending, tho... "Hammer all day! Hear what I say! Hammers are love!"

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mechawfuls? That's a bit odd, Fawful didn't start theming things around himself until BIS. Well, except for during his second battle in SSS.

Gotta get a head start on branding stuff after himself :). Also, we technically don't see him use that much stuff until his boss fight and him being an underling doesn't mean he can't have stuff branded after him.

Well, Bowser spends half of Superstar Saga with amnesia and when he does get his memory back, he gets knocked unconscious shortly after. Odds are, aside from when he's Rookie and potentially Bowletta, the Bowz'll be out of commission for most of the mode.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mechawfuls? That's a bit odd, Fawful didn't start theming things around himself until BIS. Well, except for during his second battle in SSS. As much as I like BIS Fawful I hope they don't try to make him closer to that incarnation here because I like how he developed from a minion in SSS to independent in BIS
Superstar Saga's remake continuity, it's best not to think about that anymore.

Psycho Kamek, Elite Trio, now Mechawful machines. This game seems to like to crap on Bowser's Inside Story lol.

Trunks Mario said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mechawfuls? That's a bit odd, Fawful didn't start theming things around himself until BIS. Well, except for during his second battle in SSS. As much as I like BIS Fawful I hope they don't try to make him closer to that incarnation here because I like how he developed from a minion in SSS to independent in BIS
Superstar Saga's remake continuity, it's best not to think about that anymore.

Psycho Kamek, Elite Trio, now Mechawful machines. This game seems to like to crap on Bowser's Inside Story lol.
It's moreso doing the opposite, establishing those characters as being there from the beginning as opposed to suddenly existing (at least in the Elite Trio's case) during Inside Story.
As for the remake's continuity, well, Mario Kart 8, the Wii Wheel and the Junior Clown Car all existed during the Gamecube era apparently...

I'm sure at Bowser's Inside Story, the introduced characters pretend it's like the first time we see them. It makes little sense to use them in a game that supposedly came first.

Not the trio. Bowser knows them already.

NCL released a few days ago three commercials on their YouTube channel. I'm putting them, probably in reversed order, but at least this way you can end with a memorable scene from SSS:

Game's out early in some areas, as per usual. Soundtrack is being uploaded as I speak.

I heard Professor E. Gadd's theme in the remake. Here's a video of a comparison.
[youtube]watch?v=n3yhjLWZ5ko[/youtube]
Also, since this game's coming out in October, it means the Halloween music type is perfect even if you don't celebrate Halloween.

Back