Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Mcmadness said:
Thats really weird. I mean, isn't BiS supposed to be when they first met the guy???
Not even Mario & Luigi can keep continuity straight (though look what happened to Kylie in Dream Team, pauvre con didn't even recognize the two bastards).

maybe

that means Fawful hasn't really died

Maybe it's Psycho Kamek disguised as Dr. Toadley because he knew about him prior to the game but hasn't brought it up.

My god can't they just idk recolor Kamek's sprite or something?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mcmadness said:
Thats really weird. I mean, isn't BiS supposed to be when they first met the guy???
Not even Mario & Luigi can keep continuity straight (though look what happened to Kylie in Dream Team, pauvre con didn't even recognize the two *bleep*s).

maybe

You forget it's probably been at least twenty years between those times considering they only ever interacted with Kylie in the past.

hammer_pic.jpg

Also hey look, Tanoombas ain't being retconned! ;D

Well, you can't really put simple Goombas over Tanoombas, since Goombas are already used.

LeftyGreenMario said:
tempted to change my name to multiple of it with commas to illustrate how much I like this post even tho i knew you're joking

I don't think Tanoombas would be replaced with normal Goombas anyway, though I had a worry they would use Tail Goombas since the big variation is in the minion quest mode. Glad to see they didn't though :)

Mcmadness said:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/brmj/pc/index.html

Official Jap site if anyone cares.
Oh hey cool new artwork, someone should upload these to the wiki when they have the time. Its mostly just slight edits the bros but hey still cool

Also the weird looking Boomerang Bros. are back (tho I didn't like them anyway lol)

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:
The Boo Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo unlock something in Bowser's HQ in Bowser's Minions. They are read write.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Yoshi and Toad are one time use amiibo in the main game and just unlock a stamp with recycled 2D art + some gear (not character specific ones). Boo and Goomba and Koopa Troopa do the same in the main game.

This + Rabbids have SUPER lame amiibo functionality.

This is like the fiftiest time in this topic you complained about amiibo functionality. And it appears it's literally the only goddamn thing about the game you talk about.

Because I'm not really interested in Mario RPG games because of their lack of characters. I thought that would change with the amiibo support and Nintendo of Europe's false listing. Guess I was wrong...

...please Mario Odyssey, don't disappoint!

*insert stealth Daisy complaint quote here*

Bowser Jr. is in minion quest, I guess that explains why his amiibo works.

If the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. have prominent speaking roles I wonder how they'll react to the final boss

memoryman3 said:
Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:
The Boo Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo unlock something in Bowser's HQ in Bowser's Minions. They are read write.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Yoshi and Toad are one time use amiibo in the main game and just unlock a stamp with recycled 2D art + some gear (not character specific ones). Boo and Goomba and Koopa Troopa do the same in the main game.

This + Rabbids have SUPER lame amiibo functionality.

This is like the fiftiest time in this topic you complained about amiibo functionality. And it appears it's literally the only goddang thing about the game you talk about.

Because I'm not really interested in Mario RPG games because of their lack of characters.

How do you mean? Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi are known for their wide variety of unique and original characters.. at least until Sticker Star, Paper Jam, and Color Splash. The main games (NSMB, Mario 3D Land/World) have recently been using generic characters and trying to appear as streamlined as possible.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
tempted to change my name to multiple of it with commas to illustrate how much I like this post even tho i knew you're joking
I'm only half joking. :P

Ninelevendo said:
Also the weird looking Boomerang Bros. are back (tho I didn't like them anyway lol)
ewwwww

K, Alphadream is inconsistent as hell. We don't have quadruped Troopeas, but they did decide to keep the hideous Boomerang Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
K, Alphadream is inconsistent as hell. We don't have quadruped Troopeas, but they did decide to keep the hideous Boomerang Bros.

Well, I also saw regular Boomerang Bros in Minion Quest so maybe they renamed em?

I somehow doubt they'll rename the Boomerang Bros., but we'll see.

I'm glad they didn't standardize the Boomerang Bros who don't work for Bowser and are Beanbean native. Though a rename would be fine.

We also have both quadrupedals (Superstar Saga)
ac_bt_jump_pic.jpg

and bipedals (Minion's Quest) Dry Bones
powerup_chara.png

and the Koopalings in Minion's Quest are called 「クッパ7人衆」, the current term in use since Mario Kart 8, instead of 「コクッパ軍団」, the original term used exclusively in Superstar Saga.
new-friends_img2.png

My guess is that Minion's Quest follows the current conventions about characters more than the remake part, creating quite an odd effect of new and old together.

P.S.: finally, an artwork of Roy from AlphaDream!
secret_chara.png

But the pose is from Super Mario World :koopa:

Ninelevendo said:
Also Psycho Kamek has been replaced by Dr. Toadley. Wonder how Anton feels rn.

i'm absolutely disgusted, i feel hurt and betrayed and alphadream will meet its end because of this :'(

Well, it's a disappointment that they didn't reuse Jen Taylor's voice clips of Peach from the original or have her reprise her role. I mean c'mon Nintendo recently reused Jen's voice in MK Arcade GP DX and MSS (along with Sam's voice). It doesn't have the original feel like how Mario 64 DS did by having Leslie Swan reprise her role as Peach to retain the original Mario 64 feel. I mean Jen Taylor still does do video game voice over work now. It shouldn't be that hard like with Leslie Swan and if Super Mario Sunshine HD remaster ever comes, Jen should easily be able to reprise her role. I think Samantha Kelly's voice clips from BIS or DT are reused. I mean it's kinda like how the Japanese version of MK64 had Asako Kozuki as Peach while the overseas version had Leslie Swan. It has a different charm to it.

This will probably be the first time in like, 10 years that I'll actually be bothering to explore the kingdom in it's entirety since before when I replayed it, I would never bother searching for the extras as I had everything I needed to beat the game just by doing the basic stuff and buying the right gear from shops and I would just wind up erasing that file later on anyhow.

Mind you I am mainly getting this for Minion Quest. I want to make the most powerful goomba that ever lived.

Anton said:
Ninelevendo said:
Also Psycho Kamek has been replaced by Dr. Toadley. Wonder how Anton feels rn.

i'm absolutely disgusted, i feel hurt and betrayed and alphadream will meet its end because of this :'(

That's how I feel about the removal of flight suit koopas :'(

Back