30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 22: A game sequel which disappointed you

Best story goes to Dark Moon. I know it's not too heavy on plot, but I just enjoy how it was presented.

I was severely disappointed by New Super Mario Bros. 2. A boring, unmemorable game with the lamest final boss I've ever faced.

Per TPG. I was looking forward to NSMB2 but it ended up being really boring.

Other M is the most I will ever be bummed out by a sequel.

Virtue's Last Reward Kappa

that's actually my answer btw

i was super disappointed with it, this is why i don't go into games with expectations.

Expecting me to say Sticker Star?

...too bad, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam was more disappointing. Sticker Star was a worse game, but it only had one amazing series to live up to, while Paper Jam had two. I still can't believe they blew the only chance of having OCs from Mario & Luigi interact with OCs from Paper Mario in favor of the underwhelming Sticker Star treatment. A crossover between two series known for taking risks and usually being good because of it should not play things so safe.

I was disappointed on the music DKC2 used, but this is not enough to warrant the most disappointing game.
Mario Kart 7 is next in the list of disappointing games.
Next to that is Partners in Time.
Next to that is New Super Mario Bros. U followed by its sequel New Super Luigi U.
Finally, Sticker Star is the one that disappointed me the most. At least it's sequel (Color Splash) was not a disappointment, though it still had some.

Edit: Paper Jam was a little disappointing, but I'm ok with it. I not going to put it among the others.

By far, it's a tie between Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story. The games have some good things in them that I love, but overall they never quite captured what made Superstar Saga fun, and I just ended up being bored half the time.

Altera said:
Virtue's Last Reward Kappa

that's actually my answer btw

i was super disappointed with it, this is why i don't go into games with expectations.

Mine's Zero Time Dilemma for complex reasons

I could say Paper Mario Sticker Star but my expectations weren't already high to begin with. I mean, I knew beforehand it was controversial and I wasn't that sure if the sticker mechanic would be good. But it went even below my expectations.

I'm then going to say Super Mario 3D Land. In reality, I (dis)like it as much I (dis)like Sticker Star.
I remember when it was first announced, my expectations were up the roof, with it being the first 3D Mario that played like the classic ones (power-ups working like SMB/SMW, flagpole in the end of each level, Bowser being battled at the bridge, etc)... Not to mention the comeback of the Tanooki Suit! Also, bear in mind we were fresh off Super Mario Galaxy 2, my second favorite 3D Mario, and 3D Land also seemed to get a lot of it.

But in the end... I was greeted with really narrow and uncreative levels, honestly looked like they got NSMB levels, converted them to 3D and just slapped some of the things SMG2 already did (and did better). Plus the game is just... Boring. I bought Sonic Generations 3DS at the same time, and I know it's far from being a great game, but tbh I liked it more than 3D Land, as weird as it sounds.

Conversely, though, Super Mario 3D World and Paper Mario: Color Splash were pretty much the opposite. Not sure of what to think of them in the beginning, slowly gaining expectations, and, in the end, having them exceeded. In 3D World's case, however, I ended up with highest expectations after all the trailers, and these expectations were even exceeded.

Super Mario Galaxy 2, hands down.

Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 8

I guess I have to say Kirby 64? I dunno, it's very unmemorable.

NSMBU was fun, but it was really just more of the same NSMB formula.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was kind of underwhelming.
Metroid Other M was fun as well, but I feel like it would've made a better book than a video game. ...Oh, wait.
Pokemon Black and White are just weird. And not in a good way, imo.

That's all off the top of my head.

bubsy 3d

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 23: Game you think had best graphics/art style

Three of the games I own on my Wii U (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4). Pokémon Stadium 2 is another game that is visually beautiful.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 23: Game you think had best graphics/art style

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

running through Noctilum or Sylvalum at night is beautiful, or even just running around panning the camera to see giant creatures flying or walking around.

Art Style I'm gonna go ahead and say yoshi's island

graphics honestly that depends on the system. I'm gonna say Square Enix recently had top graphics though (FF 13,15)

I like unique art styles, and my favourite unique art style is probably games that look like they're made of paper.
Of those games my favourites ones in term of looks are; Tearaway for PS4, and Paper Mario: Colour Splash for Wii U.

I also like the art style of games made using UbiArt framework, and I also like the look of Unravel (Multi-Platform).

Altera said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X.

running through Noctilum or Sylvalum at night is beautiful, or even just running around panning the camera to see giant creatures flying or walking around.

Agreed. XCX is absolutely stunning.
Just got Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and I am loving the graphics in that game as well.

This is a tie between Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby's Dream Land 3. The colors of Triple Deluxe are gorgeous, but I love the coloring book aesthetic of Dream Land 3

Back