30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 2: Your favorite character

I'mma answer the first two days in one post (cause I like showing up fashionably late).

Day 1
My first video game was Super Mario 64, or at least it was the one that got me hooked on gaming. I played many other games, but Super Mario 64 stood out and it is an absolute blast to play, even today! I can remember everything about the game and I 100% it each year. /brag/

Day 2
Favorite character is always going to be Mario. I'm honestly not really sure why. Perhaps it's because of all the impossible stunts and adventures he's done over the years.

Day 1: probably Donkey Kong Country on the Game Boy Advance. First Wii game was Wii Sports (Resort)

Day 2: Yoshi (it is obvious, though)

CesUDWf.jpg

you may not like it, but this is what perfection looks like

Day 1
Very first video game is Super Smash Bros. I still enjoy playing it to this day.

Day 2
If you don't know who he is I'll dip my head in lava and let my charred remains tell you how I feel.

Dz3Yayh.png

In terms of difficult answers this is the video game equivalent of asking someone who their favourite child is; easy if you only have one but a sense of betrayal if there are more.

a few years ago i might've just said :ashley:

If the answer was "from <x> series" then i suppose i would list my favourite games/series and their respective #1s

Mario: :luigi:
Fire Emblem: Robin (i feel stupid naming a customisable character but if those dont count then it would be Odin DARK)
Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth (Godot is a close second <3)
Zero Escape: Akane (or Phi since at least she remained tonally consistent in each game she was in)
Overwatch: Genji
Splatoon: Marie
Pokemon: Steven Stone
Zelda: Sidon
Animal Crossing : K.K. Slider
Uncharted: Sullivan
Shovel Knight: Specter Knight
Rhythm Heaven: honestly i'm a bigger fan of the character designer than the characters themselves

But its not.

So after much soul searching I came to a decision based on extensive analysis and coin flipping...

And yeah its still probably :ashley: in all honesty
hocus pocus

But Specter Knight is a close second, thanks to specter of torment giving him a good backstory and character depth, plus aside from being a kickass boss and character to play as, he has an amazing boss fight theme

SpecterKnight_001-630x488.png

1. First Videogame was either Pokemon Yellow or Mario Kart 64. Likely the latter.

2. Favourite videogame character is tough because I never think about this. I feel like Olivier from Trails in the Sky could take the cake. I do like Estelle a lot too though. Kevin might be in the conversation too depending on what 3rd adds to his character. Honorable mentions, I think Adol from Ys is sick as fuck and Yomi from Senran Kagura is cute as fuck. I'll settle on Olivier for now though. I feel like most games just don't have 10/10 characters, even in games that do have a cast of amazing characters none of them ever feel like 'undeniably one of the best characters period' so I never give them much thought.

THIS IS VERY HARD but I think I have to go with Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney actually he's just a really solid character all around

from the series that i've played:

mario - :bowser:
kirby -
star dream if that counts, if not then haltmann
mother - either flint or duster
zelda - hilda
danganronpa - either leon kuwata or gundham tanaka
binding of isaac - samson

hey wait no i'm still in time for day 1

first video game - Dora the Explorer: The Quest for Pirate Pig's Treasure (GBA)

now let me tell you, this shit was intense. i mean, it was a whole other level of storytelling. you play as Dora the Explorer and sometimes her pet monkey Boots. some dickass pig decides to steal your favorite ball so ya gotta get it back. family friends showed me this game when we were carpooling together and as soon as i started playing i knew i was destined to be a gamer. it's a masterpiece of game design, or probably not idk it looks pretty shitty now but i loved it as a kid

I have a three way tie when it comes to my favorite character: :peach:, :pgp: and :dk:

NZg8GXP.jpg

Because she is perf

This is a tough one. I'd probably go with Kooper from within the Mario series and Boone from Fallout: New Vegas from outside the Mario series.

Midna is love

Midna is life

Close calls are reimu, akane kurashiki and kefka, at least out of those who spontaneously come to mind

My favorite video game character is Princess Daisy. She is cute, and I love her energetic, tomboy and competitive mind personality. And the best is her cheerful voice, just perfect.

All along I've been lying to you and my favorite character is actually Donkey Kong

It's actually Yoshi though. Don't really know why, but he is. (And if you're wondering, Roy Koopa is number 2)

prof. "this reminds me of a puzzle" gets my vote

professor-layton-019.jpg

Actually, Yoshi used to be favorite character, followed closely by Birdo (for some reason), Diddy Kong, and Kirby. But later, I started to appreciate Luigi more. So now I play as him all the time. As far as other series, I like the Squid Sisters from Splatoon (equally, although I chose Marie in the last Splatfest) and... that's about it, I guess. I don't really think about this sort of thing that much.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 3: A game that is underrated

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY TO LIKE SOME NEW POSTS

Day 3: A game that is underrated

I debated what game to choose here, but I've come up with two from the Pokémon series - one that I considered beforehand that Smasher reminded me of, and then one that UltraMario reminded me of, both games that I absolutely love but don't really get much attention at all.

tumblr_ntq2a45mH01rpwpilo1_500.gif
tumblr_njochcSOMk1rcgdmto3_400.gif

The first of which is probably my solid, "a game that is underrated" pick: Pokémon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy Color. Genuinely one of my favorite video games of all time. It's basically a video game adaption of the tabletop card game where you go around to different clubs (essentially, gyms) that feature different types and you duel with cards, in the same style as the card game. It may sound a little boring but it's honestly pretty much a flawless game, truthfully. There's deck customizations, there's such a randomness factor to duels that make it pretty exciting, the music is pretty great.

The second one, which is probably my dark horse, is a game that probably ranks among my top played games ever: Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire.

tumblr_olrizpIaev1r7tm2fo1_500.gif
tumblr_olrj40WJjH1r7tm2fo1_500.gif

I don't know why I love this game so much. It's pinball with gimmicks, but it's so much fun and it's one of my favorite timekillers ever.

Underrated... Jeez, that's tough. Probably Mario Party DS? I don't know how many people have played it but definitely more people need to.

<Nabber> goddammit packy
<Nabber> you're updating this topic faster than i can post in it

well since packy has a weird definition of how long a day is, im going to post my favorite character

ewG92eK.jpg

i don't really have a ""favorite"" character, but if i had to choose, glados seems like a pretty safe choice. her insults approach near shakespeare levels of savagery, and even though you want so badly to tear her apart, it feels terrible once she's gone. also, if you haven't played it, she's really great in Poker Night 2, in which she constantly makes fun of you for being shit at poker.

My favourite character is Ravio, but I also like Huey a lot.

For an underatted game, I'd say NSMBU. It may not be original, but I think the gameplay is the best in the series and the world map is awesome. And the Super Acorn is also great, it's one of my favourite power-ups.

Back