Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 3, so that claimed my top spot. That said, Animal Crossing: Horizons was a very close second.

The first poll of the new term is here!! :bowser:

How do you feel about Doug Bowser as President and COO of Nintendo of America?

- I feel like Doug Bowser is doing a great job, and is a suitable followup to Reggie.
- I think Doug Bowser is doing a good job, but is currently not as good as Reggie.
- I think Doug Bowser is doing fine, but is considerably worse than Reggie.
- I think that Doug Bowser is doing a bad job, much worse than Reggie.
- I think that Reggie did a bad job, and Doug Bowser is just as bad or is worse.
- I want to wait longer in order to form an opinion on Doug Bowser.
- I don't care about Doug Bowser's position or what he is doing.

I chose option 7. Nintendo will still be a good company with or without him.

If I could I would've picked "I Think that Doug Bowser is doing a bad job, but still doing better than Reggie." Not that I actually believe that but it'd be a funny option.

Option 6. We've really only seen Bowser's presence at E3, and while I think he did a great job with that, showing off tons of different games from several genres, that's all I've seen from him. I need more before a solid opinion.

Option 1, for sure. We've only had 1 presentation with him so far but I already feel he's going to start just as many memes as Reggie did. Plus, seeing the two Bowsers meet each other was one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a while.

I must've skipped option 6 when reading the poll, so I went with 7. But yeah, I'll wait for him to be there longer before forming a proper opinion about him.

New week... new poll!

Nintendo's recent mobile games have opted to use the free-to-play payment model over a traditional one-time fee. How do you feel about this?
  • I think it's great and would like to see Nintendo's future mobile games follow this payment model.
  • I'm okay with it, but would like to see Nintendo's future mobile games require a one-time fee instead.
  • I'm indifferent to this model, and am okay with Nintendo's future mobile games opting for either model.
  • I don't really like it, but I am okay with it as long as Nintendo continues to use the traditional one-time model on their console games.
  • I do not like it at all, and I think Nintendo should give up with this payment model for good.
  • I have not played any mobile Nintendo games that follow the free-to-play model.

Option 6: I've only played Super Mario Run, which didn't use the Free to Play model, so I picked this option.

Option four. While I think that stuff like loot boxes in free-to-play games suck, and I much prefer Super Mario Run's model, but as long as the games the you pay a one time fee to play don't have any free-to-play gimmicks, then I'm fine.

i dont see it as predatory as ubisoft intentionally making you do repetitive/grindy sidequests in order to be a high enough level to do the main story while offering you exp/level ups in the form of microtransactions but its still stupid

I voted for option 3. That said, I also don't want Nintendo to do that for their own consoles except in cases like Tetris 99 (although, I don't own a Switch let alone own Tetris 99). Anyways. As long as it is a good game on mobile, I will play it no matter if it is free to play or one time fee. Although, free to play on mobile will be considered more likely as there is no payment whatsoever. And if they do, it is optional.

Oh, it's a new poll!

In the last couple of years, multiple elements or characters from other Nintendo franchises appeared in the Mario series. In return...

Would you like Mario characters or elements to appear in other Nintendo franchises? If so, which one would you want it to be?
  • F-Zero
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kirby
  • Metroid
  • Pikmin
  • Pokémon
  • Star Fox
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Other
  • No, I don't have any interest in having Mario characters or elements in other Nintendo franchises.

I picked Kirby!

Depends on the game. In most cases, I probably not play the game, but if it appears in the game, I guess I could like seeing it in there. In either case, Nintendo doesn't have too do it. But, that could be interesting if they did.

If I could vote for all, that would be my option, but I guess I have to choose. For this, I suppose I should vote for F-Zero. Yes, there's already Mr. EAD, but why not go the whole-hog and adapt every Mario character as racers?

Thank you for reading.

I think some nods to the Mario series in Kirby would be great, maybe some enemies crossing over like in Link's Awakening. But little Mario memorabilia appearing in Pikmin would be pretty cool as well!

I actually don't care. T'would be a nice surprise for sure but not something I'd specifically ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back