Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your new poll is right here!

What is your opinion on new characters in the Mario franchise?
  1. I fully enjoy new characters and believe their inclusion makes the franchise better.
  2. I enjoy new characters, however, there are a lot of characters from past installments that can also be used.
  3. I enjoy new characters, however, old characters should be the main focus.
  4. I would rather have previous characters return than have new characters introduced.
  5. The Mario franchise already has plenty of characters and does not need any to return or to be introduced.
  6. I have no opinion on the matter.

Option 1. I enjoy seeing new characters in Mario games.

Option 2. I think we've gotten to the point where bringing back old and bringing in new will be appreciated either way (as long as they bring back more obscure characters).

Option 5

I believe it is entirely possible not to make new characters and still have a great platformer.

Option 1 because you know using the same characters over and over again gets really stale. Every time I come across a new character it's great, whereas games that just recycle characters for the millionth time is super lame. Mario doesn't need new characters to be a good game, but they make his games feel much more interesting.,

I voted for Option 3. I really do enjoy new characters. But old characters like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and (of course) Yoshi should be more focused on. I mean, they are core Mario characters. But new characters are good, but they shouldn't take away key stuff. Nor should lack of new characters take away key stuff. But either way, as long as the game is good, it really doesn't matter whether or not it has new characters. Of course, new characters are more required for RPGs then platformers, but that is because they make great additions to story. Paper Jam is a good game, but it's not like unto Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story, but that is because it's story is lacking. It's still good, but not like unto Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story. And it's story was less then those two because of no new characters, even if it was just a little that it did effect it.

I am of the opinion that several characters from past installments should have some focus, as much as new characters are nice to have (that's option 2).

There are just so many characters that the franchise introduced, but a lot of them are practically only used for a short period of time before they went unused, such as the Sprixie Princesses and the various Mario Party original characters. That's not to mention that Rosalina is practically the latest major recurring character, and her introduction was back in 2007 (even though it only took 6 years for her to appear more often). Yes, that means that any character after Rosalina never had that sort of staying power she had, with the possible exception of a handful of enemies like Peepas.

I suppose it's fine that not every character makes regular appearances since it's difficult to keep up, but some on-and-off appearances from the others should suffice, especially for characters introduced outside the Super Mario games. I mean, I would really love to see Tumble again.

Thank you for reading.

New poll!

What is your opinion on competitive modes in platforming Mario games, such as Vs. Mode (SM64DS) or Mario vs. Luigi (NSMB)?
  1. These modes greatly appeal to me and are a decision in my purchase of the game.
  2. While I enjoy these modes, they feel nonessential, and I do not mind their absence.
  3. Whether or not the platforming Mario games include competitive multiplayer doesn't really affect me either way.
  4. I don't enjoy these modes, but I don't mind their addition to the games.
  5. I don't enjoy these modes and I feel they should not be added so development time can be used elsewhere.
  6. I have no opinion.

We don't really tend to do versus modes in the main Mario series a lot. Closest we normally do is the simultaneous play in NSBMWii/U. But I don't mind their addition and they're fun to check out every once in a while. So, 3, I guess.

I voted 1, but it's actually a mix of 1 and 2. I mean, I enjoy both competition and cooperation multiplayer and I think it should be in the game, however, it doesn't effect whether or not I buy it.

Option 2. I like them, but I get more enjoyment from the main part of the game.

I don't really play many games with other people, so option 2 is the one for me. I've had fun with them in the past, but I'm not going to care if it's not there.

Time for a new poll!

What is your opinion on the guest characters system on the recent Mario & Sonic games?
  1. I definitely like to have characters that are exclusive to some events, and future games in the series should keep this system.
  2. I like having guest characters, but I wish that there would be some new characters that are playable in all events alongside characters which are exclusive to certain events.
  3. I like having guest characters, but they should at least be playable on a few more events.
  4. Despite that I like to have guest characters, I would prefer that they be playable in all events.
  5. I don't mind having guest characters, and it doesn't affect my opinion on these games.
  6. I don't like this system, but I am still happy to have them playable for some events.
  7. I dislike the guest characters system, and the following Mario & Sonic games should have every character playable in every event.
  8. I have no opinion.

I have not played any M&S game after the original, so this answer may not be as valid as other's :P

Guest characters are fine, it's... interesting (I guess) to have only a number of characters selectable for certain events. But I would prefer having everyone available for everything.

I voted: "Despite that I like to have guest characters, I would prefer that they be playable in all events.", which is to say the majority opinion.

Guest characters are better than nothing, since it could very well be either having them in one event or none at all, since they are basically designed like challengers that are single event only, so having them playable is nice. On the other hand, it would be nice that the roster is expanded upon, since for 5 sets of games we still only have the regular 20 as playable in all events (save for Rio 3DS). It's worse now that Miis are not featured, which would have still been nice to have.

I think it's a bit frustrating that the official Olympics have occasional roster updates, but not this game since this game could benefit from it (especially roster additions). I understand why since the Olympics is based on the real Olympics so representations of real athletes are appropriate.

Thank you for reading.

I've only played London 2012 on the Wii but personally Option 4 - e.g. I know that Rosalina, one of my favourite Mario characters and probably my favourite mainline Mario character, is only in one event which is really dissappointing.

Option 7. I don't really care for guest characters, and I'd rather have them be playable in all events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back