Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billie Holiday said:
(gosh, 3DS terminology is confusing).

Chester Alan Arthur said:
You talking about the new 3ds or the new 3ds xl?

Exactly.

I think it's great for newcomers who don't prefer the 3D and want to get one for a cheaper price, but I myself don't plan to get one.

*It looks decent and has potential, but there are other Nintendo products that I'd rather buy.

I already own a standard 2DS (even if it is broken) and one of the main reasons I like it is because of the removal of the clamshell design. The 2DS XL removes the clamshell design, so I don't find it very appealing.

I personally like 3D and don't like XL models so it doesn't appeal to me, even it looks pretty g.

I mean it more in the context that i'm impressed you can buy a regular new 3ds in Australia
I mean it came out in Australia first for whatever reason

But nowadays there aren't any left in any stores so you can't buy them anyway.

Ninelevendo said:
I personally like 3D and don't like XL models so it doesn't appeal to me, even it looks pretty g.

I mean it more in the context that i'm impressed you can buy a regular new 3ds in Australia
I mean it came out in Australia first for whatever reason

But nowadays there aren't any left in any stores so you can't buy them anyway.
They never came to America outside of the Happy Home Designer bundle

That's pretty stupid tbh

Like why on Earth would releasing it in Australia have benefits over America

Not that I'm complaining but still

Ninelevendo said:
That's pretty stupid tbh

Like why on Earth would releasing it in Australia have benefits over America

Not that I'm complaining but still

Probably because the 3DS sales in Australia declined faster than everywhere else.

new poll!

What is your favorite kind of Mario merchandise?
  • General accessories (school supplies, wallets, watches, etc.).
  • Game accessories (game cases, styluses, stylised Wii remotes, etc.).
  • Collectible games (Super Mario Chess, Nintendo Monopoly, etc.).
  • Clothing (T-shirts, jackets, shoes, etc.).
  • Figurines (plastic figures, keychains, amiibo, etc.).
  • Food (Mario-sponsored gummies, candies, meals, etc.).
  • Toys (Mario Kart playsets, plush toys, etc.).
  • Posters (stickers, wallpapers, etc.).
  • Miscellaneous items (house supplies, backpacks, ornaments, etc.).
  • Other.

it's a very close call between figurines and clothing for me, but i'll say clothing.

Toys are my favorite, especially plushies. My Baby Luigi plushie is still my favorite possession of them all.

Posters. I love having artwork on my walls, it's a shame when I run out of wall space. Some of them can look really neat

Collectible Games seems like the best thing. I mean, if I can find a Super Mario Chess set I will want to buy it. I really like chess. I have Super Mario Uno. That is more fun than the Amiibo and my Mario clothing.
They are PJs. They are one of the two summer PJs that I wear. The other is camouflage, which I am wearing at time of write.
I am not interested in figurines (which is on the top at time of write). And I am kinda old to be playing with child toys (I am almost 21). You may find on my userpage (User:Yoshi the SSM) that I have a original 2DS. This was chosen since I broke 2 DSes before I bought it. Game accessories are cool, but not really a deal breaker. Wait. There is food with Mario on it? Haven't seen any. I would probably not buy it unless I want the food Mario is on.

Alex95 said:
VR3jg1t.jpg

I may have a problem.

What's Deku Link doing between the Mario figures?

Anyway, I would say toys, as in figurines, because that's lke the only Mario merchandise I own, including two amiibo. I did buy when I was much younger a bag of gummies shaped like Mario things in the past though, but now I can't find that anywhere in the store anymore.

Tadaomi Karasuma said:
Alex95 said:

What's Deku Link doing between the Mario figures?

My collection has expanded since the time I took that pic. I now have a Link and Zelda to go with it :3

I wish "everything" was an option on the poll, because I really just take what I can get. Figures are the things I have the most, but I also have posters, books, and other stuff.

Although I personally got a few game accessories (Mario and Luigi Wii-remotes, which look really cool) and figurines (the amiibo), I opted for the game-themed Mario merchandise. It's fascinating to see how the Mario universe is transplanted to different games, such as how the Chess features Daisy in the game, while the Monopoly (Gamer edition) with the Mario twist is way different from Monopoly games by being, based on reviews, a fast-paced version where nobody gets sidelined when their resources are dry.

Of the available options ("Other." excluded for being non-specific), Food seems like an odd one, only because it feels a lot less collectible than others. It's amazing that some food packages are collected, but the food must be expired unless they are preserved very well. Besides, there's no way Mario food merchandise have any chance of being imported to other countries, especially to South-East Asia. Still, the Mario ice-cream is pretty tempting (even if I cannot have them)!

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back