Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

I just now noticed that Luigi's Mansion (E ranked version) can be seen in the background of Luigi Circuit in Double Dash and the DS version of that track.
LuigiCircuit-Shortcut1-MKDD.png
MKDS_Luigi_Circuit_GCN_First_Turn.png

11BFF041-13B4-44A8-86EE-264D3C227572.jpeg
C6E7C446-F942-4845-AFF3-8DB01F41CB45.jpeg

For MP1, there's extra bonus coins awarded to the 20th, 30th and 40th person to pass start

For MP3, all boards have a faint circle were the Star Space will be when occupied. This was a feature not used in either 1 or 2 nor in ANY other game up until Mario Party Superstars over 2 decades later

I noticed that the music for the minigame Jewel Drop is shorter in Mario Party: The Top 100 than in Mario Party 10.

Here is the Mario Party 10 version:

And here's The Top 100's version:

The music from Mario Party: The Top 100 is half as long as Mario Party 10's, because the second half of Mario Party 10's music (0:49 - 1:27) is not in the Mario Party: The Top 100 version.

(Man, I still LOVE Mario Party 10's music. It has the best soundtrack ever)

I found a shortcut in dry dry ruins that no one to put in the MarioWiki(I filled it up)
Prerelease:Mario Kart Wii/Course Banners - The Cutting Room Floor

during the third lap you can mushroom though the sand and trick of that ramp and cut one more hill if done right

The mansion in NSMBDS's luigi's mansion minigame is the same as that in Big Boo's Haunt in SM64, likely this minigame was copied from SM64DS

Yeah but for some reason in the NSMBDS version of the Wanted minigame, the groaning voice clips after 10 points remain the same.

Also Mario gets eventually cut off for some reason if he yells but you can pause and you can hear the entire thing.

That game really hates Luigi though. Best idea I can think of is just his thin face, his color scheme sharing with Yoshi's, and similarity to Mario, making him most challenging to spot.

Huh I thought it was a model/sprite sheet but cropped becuase of this picture
Mario House

anywho credit to Mathim-draw on deviantart for the first picture on post 1263 (future me)wiat he ripped it from a model resource
i got this from a google image and you have to pay for access on the website and i am cheap:cheep: so yeah...(future me)So i found it on the spriters resource and there is no publisher to give credit to

Last edited:
you know the drill! this mario house pic is fanart so please source it!!!
Given how infrequently these games sprinkle references like that, I wouldn't blame you for thinking a backdrop from the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake is fan art. :P

Though this particular image seems to be a paintover from the original

How come it was only today I noticed that the hideous Mario Kart DS Mario has a visible mouth.

j9vWYiw.png

Mario_in_Standard_MR_MKDS.png

The low resolution of the games and just how off Mario looked with the stache texture stretching always made me assume he didn't have a mouth unless he's hit.

Back