Ideal roster for future Mario Kart games

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Baby Mario - Baby Luigi - Baby Peach - Baby Daisy - Baby Rosalina
Mario(+) - Luigi(+) - Peach(+) - Daisy - Rosalina
Yoshi(+) - Toad(+) - Toadette - E.Gadd - Birdo (+)
Monty Mole - Nabbit - Lubba - Sprixie (+) - Poochie
Wario - Waluigi - Captain Syrup - Shy Guy(+) - King Boo
DK - Diddy Kong - Dixie Kong - Funky Kong - Pauline
Koopa Troopa (+) - Dry Bones - Magikoopa - Hammer Bro (+) - Lakitu
Bowser (+) - Bowser Jr - 7 Koopalings(+) - Boom Boom(+) - Petey Piranha
Mii

(+) indicates different colors/ costumes etc.

Ideally I would eliminate Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina, as they're terrible fake characters, but realistically I think they'd be kept for Mario Kart on the Switch

Everyone should get a costume just as how so many other games give their characters costumes. Make them wacky as well.

nope, that should just be a Smash thing.

I honestly don't give a crap as long as they ditch Baby Rosalina and PGP.

i dont get this topic.

Is this you telling us your ideal roster or asking for others ideal roster as well?

If the latter is the case , than this is terrible because if i wanted ALL THE FREAKING CHARACTERS , even Pink Gold Peach have an alternate costume then more power to me and you have no say into what i would want.

As much as i dislike Baby Daisy and even more , Baby Rosalina , calling them ''Fake'' characters is the biggest joke on this whole website.

What's so ''fake'' again? I honestly wonder if people care enough these days to use the right adjectives.

FunkyKong84 said:
Smash doesn't have costumes for all characters. Just palette changes.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i dont get this topic.

Is this you telling us your ideal roster or asking for others ideal roster as well?

If the latter is the case , than this is terrible because if i wanted ALL THE FREAKING CHARACTERS , even Pink Gold Peach have an alternate costume then more power to me and you have no say into what i would want.

As much as i dislike Baby Daisy and even more , Baby Rosalina , calling them ''Fake'' characters is the biggest joke on this whole website.

What's so ''fake'' again? I honestly wonder if people care enough these days to use the right adjectives.
1. You know very well what a fake character is. They're pointless characters wasting slots of other more worthy characters.
2. Pink Gold Peach could be an alternate costume of Peach instead of wasting a slot in the roster.
3. You are free to comment on my proposed roster and tell me what you'd change. But you can't just say that you want ALL characters. That's unrealistic.

LeftyGreenMario said:
FunkyKong84 said:
Smash doesn't have costumes for all characters. Just palette changes.
Why should Nabbit have an alternate costume for example? Not all characters need one. I don't agree that the characters should look wacky and tacky.

Unrealistic.

You mean like Poochie , Captain Nobody Syrup up and Pauline in there?

OK.

And no , i don't know what a ''fake'' character is , they were created , therefore exists and are real to a certain degree because they do exists for this game.

Lastly , i will still comment , i don't need your permission to use a very obvious public platform. And i wouldnt change anything because i'm happy to say , your roster is not happening anytime soon, probably never.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Unrealistic.

You mean like Poochie , Captain Nobody Syrup up and Pauline in there?

OK.

And no , i don't know what a ''fake'' character is , they were created , therefore exists and are real to a certain degree because they do exists for this game.

Lastly , i will still comment , i don't need your permission to use a very obvious public platform. And i wouldnt change anything because i'm happy to say , your roster is not happening anytime soon, probably never.
Too much negativity and bitterness.

At least my roster is more realistic than your "put them all in" idea, which is never going to happen, fortunately.

Pauline would be a good representative of the Mario vs. DK series. Let alone the fact that she was in the legendary Donkey Kong.
Captain Syrup would be great if we got a new Wario Land game and she was in it. I'm not saying she has to be in MK, but another female character that would not be a predictable princess would be a good addition.
Poochie just got an Amiibo. If Isabelle is in the game, Poochie can definitely be in the game too.

FunkyKong84 said:
Why should Nabbit have an alternate costume for example? Not all characters need one. I don't agree that the characters should look wacky and tacky.
Because why not?

IMO, only generic species reps (e.g. Toads, Shy Guys, etc) should get costumes. For additions, I think Pauline and Cpt. Syrup should probably get some more spotlight time before being added to a spin-off game.

Poochy would make a nice addition seeing as he has his own upcoming amiibo and game focused on him. Maybe Kamek and Dixie Kong too, they seem pretty relevant.

The Pyro Guy said:
IMO, only generic species reps (e.g. Toads, Shy Guys, etc) should get costumes. For additions, I think Pauline and Cpt. Syrup should probably get some more spotlight time before being added to a spin-off game.

Poochy would make a nice addition seeing as he has his own upcoming amiibo and game focused on him. Maybe Kamek and Dixie Kong too, they seem pretty relevant.
good points. Mario, Peach, Luigi, Wario and Bowser can definitely have other costumes, e.g. Tanooki/ Metal Mario, Pink Gold/ Cat Peach, Kitsune Luigi, Dry Bowser, Biker Wario etc.

Cirdec said:
More babies and metal characters. Or even better, baby metal everything.
hey it's all about the Purple Iron Dry Babies

FunkyKong84 said:
The Pyro Guy said:
blah blah etc
good points. Mario, Peach, Luigi, Wario and Bowser can definitely have other costumes, e.g. Tanooki/ Metal Mario, Pink Gold/ Cat Peach, Kitsune Luigi, Dry Bowser, Biker Wario etc.
Well yeah, if the alt is an actual character or has a relevant background, it should be selectable, but not just 'Mario with blue hat'. But I think characters like metals or power ups shouldn't take up a whole new slot; hell, the Koopalings would be grouped into one if I was directing the roster. Once exception is Dry Bowser, as I think he's been distinguished enough from Bowser to get his own place.

I will say that alternate outfits should only be applied onto certain characters. For some examples...
  • Mario: Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Flying Mario
  • Luigi: Fire Luigi, Ice Luigi, Flying Luigi
  • Yoshi: Red Yoshi, Blue Yoshi, Yellow Yoshi, Pink Yoshi, Light Blue Yoshi, Black Yoshi, White Yoshi, Purple Yoshi, Orange Yoshi
  • Metal Mario: Gold Mario
  • Toad: Red Toad, Blue Toad, Green Toad, Yellow Toad, Purple Toad
  • Luma: Red Luma, Blue Luma, Green Luma, Apricot Luma, Black Luma
  • Koopa Troopa: Red Koopa Troopa, Blue Koopa Troopa, Yellow Koopa Troopa
  • Hammer Bro: Fire Bro, Boomerang Bro, Ice Bro
  • Kritter: Red Kritter, Blue Kritter, Brown Kritter

As you can see, pretty much all of the mentioned characters would only see palette swaps.

The Pyro Guy said:

There isn't a reason only generic species get alternate colors. Mario Golf N64 did this and there's no problems with that. The devs need to exercise more creativity.

The Pyro Guy said:
Well yeah, if the alt is an actual character or has a relevant background, it should be selectable, but not just 'Mario with blue hat'. But I think characters like metals or power ups shouldn't take up a whole new slot; hell, the Koopalings would be grouped into one if I was directing the roster. Once exception is Dry Bowser, as I think he's been distinguished enough from Bowser to get his own place.
Ironically enough, in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, developed by Namco Bandai and Nintendo just like MK8, we actually have Mario With a White Hat (Fire Mario), Luigi With a Blue Hat (Ice Luigi), and Dry Bowser is an alternate version of Bowser, in the same slot...

I think what Nintendo might do is first and foremost create a core roster with the characters that appeared at least in two console Mario Kart games, and then from there proceed adding characters, I'm seeing the return of Petey Piranha soon, because Nintendo rediscovered him recently, maybe even King Bob-omb has now a chance (and those two would be worthy additions, since they pertain to peculiar species); Kamek should finally appear because he already skipped two games (MK8 included); you my alraedy guess my opinion on the Koopalings (have them all with Bowser Jr., same slot is absolutely fine for me, as I always see them as the 8 Little Bowsers just like the Play Nintendo backgrounds); I wouldn't be agaisnt Boom Boom and Pom Pom but I can see the outcry if other Koopas are added; I'm also wondering the insane reaction if Funky Kong returned but wasn't the heaviest character (although I think he fits the series); King K. Rool at this point would make sense and that would be childhood incoming but this is beyond wishful thinking; E. Gadd would also be the canceled character you don't expect but who is nice; wondering if Wiggler and Queen Bee were that bad, as I never played MK7.

Also, grouping different versions of the same character on the same slot like MKAGPDX does would be nice in my opinion.

And Donkey Kong Jr. and pink Donkey Kong Jr. would be ultimate insanity, so count me among the supporters of such an idea. After all, Super Mario Kart's roster had him and Wario Colosseum in MK: DD even had a cameo...

I mean, I want to see Mario dressed as a chicken, Luigi as a waitress, Peach as a nurse, Daisy as a punk rockstar, Wario in pajamas, Bowser as a pirate, Diddy as a ninja, that kind of crazy stuff.

Ideal roster:
Return from MK8: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Toadette, 7 Koopalings, Miis, Dry Bowser, Maybe Link and Anml Crssng characters.
Return from other games: Dry Bones, Maybe Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., King Boo
New characters: Toadsworth, Maybe Hammer Bro, and the Mario from the GLA commercials would be epic, but that's not gonna happen. Some others, but I'm not sure who.

Costumes:
Mario: Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario, Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Dr. Mario
Luigi: Fire Luigi, Ice Luigi, Kitsune Luigi, Mr. L
Peach: Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach, Tennis wear Peach maybe?
Yoshi: Colors from MK8
Shy Guy: Same as Yoshi
Toad: Multiple Colors
Koopa: Paratroopa and color variations.
Wario: Biker Wario

Mister Wu said:
And Donkey Kong Jr. and pink Donkey Kong Jr. would be ultimate insanity, so count me among the supporters of such an idea. After all, Super Mario Kart's roster had him and Wario Colosseum in MK: DD even had a cameo...

He was also scrapped for MK: DD: List_of_Mario_Kart:_Double_Dash!!_pre-release_and_unused_content#Unused_Data. He was replaced by Diddy Kong in that game.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I mean, I want to see Mario dressed as a chicken, Luigi as a waitress, Peach as a nurse, Daisy as a punk rockstar, Wario in pajamas, Bowser as a pirate, Diddy as a ninja, that kind of crazy stuff.
Nope that should be saved for a Mario Party game.

I agree that the Koopalings should only take one slot. Metal characters should just be palette swaps. Same for Dry Bowser, he shouldn't waste a slot.

FunkyKong84 said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Nope that should be saved for a Mario Party game.
Why though? Why can't Mario Kart have silly costumes?

Or pretty much any Mario game? Do they consume a lot of development time or am I missing something?

Back