Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Alex95's Thread of Stuff (Power Master/The 'Shroom/YouTube)

So you put both my Luigi form and my goose form in your Art Contest entry! That's a nice way of solving it. Btw, is the Luigi based on any particular game or is it just an alternate style you came up with? He looks a bit different from the standard Luigi artwork (but still good, of course).

As soon as you showed me both your Luigi and your Goose images, the idea for that immediately came to mind ;)

It's not based on anything, just Luigi in my style. The only thing the characters are based on are the images people have provided to me.

I felt like you had trouble drawing my character lol.

I don't blame you. She's not an easy character to draw.

Yeah, I had a bit of trouble :P Tried to detail the helmet as much as I could, but went for a more simplified armor. Also thought about you cutting off Shy Guy on Wheel's hat, but I wasn't sure how to draw that properly :lol:

Were you about to give him a shocked expression to top it off?

That was the other thing I wasn't sure about. Would a Shy Guy's mask show expression? That'd probably defeat the purpose of the mask :P

If you were aiming for a cartoon style, you can exaggerate and yeah, make inanimate faces react to it. I don't think that's what you're going for, right?

I was trying to be as accurate as I could to everyone's character, while also still fitting everyone in the picture. More cartoonish, considering the universe, but I don't remember a Shy Guy's mask ever animating.

Honestly surprised I managed to get everyone I had in mind and those that signed up on that piece of paper!

Man, Uora Underground took me a long time to make. 350+ event tiles in here! Most are meant to account for ledge jumping. This is where you find the digger of Uora (Hamilton, canonically) trapped on a ledge.

Di49PHiUcAAJrLa.jpg:large

The town of Oora, in the midst of a flooding. Half of the town is underwater. You can explore the underwater houses, but if you don't have an Aqua Patch, you will drown!

Djit1ckVAAEIboG.jpg:large

This is Octavis. A family man will do anything he needs to in order to protect his wife and daughter. He uses two Boomerangs as his go-to weapons, which allow him to attack up to four times if he has both equipped!

OctavisReveal.png

New month, new 'Shroom!

Doing something different with Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_137/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) this month. Instead of taking a look at an already released game, I look at the cancelled Diddy Kong Racing Adventure instead!

We head back to the Kanto Region in Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_137/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) with the upcoming release of Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee editions! Super excited for this game!

Also, new NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_137/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! Some things got done. Not a lot, but some!

Hey, look! New YouTube video! Playing Metroid Prime with additional rules (part one of two because I suck)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_o8RA8WJHk

People keep asking me about this, so...

Yes, there is a broken image in my avatar image rotation. I'm not sure what's causing the error, as I've checked and all the images I have lined up on Randimg do display here on the forums. But I'm not really trying to fix it because I find it funny for some reason. Personal meme or something :bowser:

Did you check Signavatar's site itself for the images?

New 'Shroom, new things to read!

Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_138/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Just a few more months until release, and had to add Isabelle late. Please give it a look, special message here regarding certain fans.

Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_138/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) is on Mario Kart: Double Dash!! It's my favorite Mario Kart for some reason, so about time I gave it a look.

Also, new NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_138/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! Cross-Wiki Weekend is currently still in progress for the next day, so if you want to win a $20 eShop gift card, this section will help you out!

I see I haven't said anything about Power Master in over a month, which... isn't good. I've been having some motivational issues, trying and failing to find someone to give me a job. Oora's taking a lot longer to get through than I though it would. Hopefully I'll have something to post in October, but for now...

Look, a WIP ship!
Jw3T3pz.png

So about the 'Shroom. I think you said Isabelle was an echo fighter...

Isabelle from Animal Crossing is a different kind of Echo Fighter.
Otherwise, that was a nice read!

I meant she shares moves with Villager, but is mostly her own character. "Semi-Echo" I think is the term going around in the Smash community now, similar to "Semi-Clone". But thanks!

You're right about the Waluigi thing (except I don't think it will actually lower his chances since it's not like Nintendo is gonna be offended and leave Waluigi out in the future out of spite; if anything, the publicity raises his chances). But the thing is... it's kind of beating a dead horse at this point to criticize the Waluigi whiners. Most of them have died down, not to mention the whole thing was blown way out of proportion by both the complainers and their criticizers in the first place.

Power Master 1: A Strange Journey has reached 200 downloads! Two and half years after its release, so I guess I'm not promoting it well enough. Added a link to the OP, so that may help :P (Don't know why I didn't before...)

I don't feel like I'm going to get it done by the end of 2018, so Power Master: A Strange Journey MV is getting pushed back into 2019.

Artwork of Octavis and his family (wife Holly on left, and daughter Marciella in center), which took me so long to do. Motivation sucks, but I don't think I'm going to draw something like this again, so that's cool.

OctavisFamilyArt.png

And because I realized I completely forgot to post it when I finished it :)/), here's Madilynn's artwork too!

MadilynnMVArt.png

Artwork is not my strong suit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got an exclusive treat for you guys, an interview! This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_139/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on King of the Hat, a platforming brawler with a unique twist. One of the developers was kind enough to take the time to be asked questions, so be sure to give it a read!

As for Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_139/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been), it's on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. We just had a Killing Game based on it, and spookiness is the theme of the month, so it's a perfect fit!

And new NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_139/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! Got some updates and a new list of things that need to be done.

Back