Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The more you draw, the more you learn. The more you learn, the more you improve. I redrew the main four heroes, because they needed touch ups in too many places, that it was just easier to redo them all. Will continue with version four for the rest of the game.

Stephan Progression.pngJennifer Progression.pngHamilton Progression.pngHelen Progression.png

Don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I kinda like the line width variety in version 3 of Stephan more, particularly on the chest belt and scratches on the armor, before you applied more even line work. Is there a way to try to get back to that quality?

Don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I kinda like the line width variety in version 3 of Stephan more, particularly on the chest belt and scratches on the armor, before you applied more even line work. Is there a way to try to get back to that quality?

The Version 3 lines were actually so thin that the coloring got botched around it. There were a lot of transparency issues I could not see very well, namely being segments in the character were transparent when... human beings are not supposed to be transparent. You could see these on a colored background, but trying to fix them resulted in the outline thinning due to the auto-smoothing of Krita, even if the outline is on a different layer. The line width was also pretty inconsistent, it depended on how much I pressed the pen onto the digital pad, resulting in a lot of odd looks. Redrawing with a set thicker line solves both of these issues, and it also reminds me of the line thickness of the rotating Mario in your sig or Paper Mario :P

I'm still not perfect, there's still a lot for me to learn. Hamilton and Helen especially needed the redraw. Jennifer was okay, while Stephan pretty much worked as is, but I redid them anyway to be consistent overall.

Updated the NPCs you find in the Town of Fora and the enemies you meet in the Land of Moneo. One of these guys is new, he just sort of... showed up. Apparently, he's some kind of knight, and is a little lost. Perhaps you have the help he needs?

Fora Characters.png

Shovel Knight.PNG

Updated the NPCs you find in the Town of Fora and the enemies you meet in the Land of Moneo. One of these guys is new, he just sort of... showed up. Apparently, he's some kind of knight, and is a little lost. Perhaps you have the help he needs?

View attachment 2773
View attachment 2774
Did you obtain permission from Yacht Club Games to use him?

uh i should probably update this more

Introducing some new modes!
Difficulty modes: You can choose between Easy, Normal, or Hard.
  • Easy Mode removes battles entirely. Just enjoy the game's story without worrying about losing to battles. However, some of the game's content will be inaccessible due to this.
  • Normal Mode is normal mode.
  • Hard Mode changes enemy formations, as well as their stats in some cases. Their battle spoils may also be changed. Quest rewards and dungeon layouts will also differ.
Text modes:
  • Text Mode: The standard setting. No text is altered.
  • Silent Mode: Most text is removed, except for those in battles. Characters will instead convey through emotion bubbles, non-interrupting pop-up windows, or say nothing at all. As an example, Violet will immediately admit you to a bed in her Inn if you have the money, or do nothing if you don't have the money. This will often lead to more humorous events.
Applying both Easy Mode and Silent Mode will give some sort of Speedrun Mode, where text and battles are absent.

Easy Mode bosses would basically just be a text discussion, you would try to convince them to give up the Gem. Or if they aren't a talkative bunch (like Swid, Powerbird, etc.), the battle just kind of doesn't happen. The game will work really oddly, that's for sure, but I'm still working with it :P

Of course, if you have both Silent and Easy Mode on, then maybe just absolutely nothing happens at all?

Easy Mode also sounds like a nice change of pace, although...I'm not sure how bosses would work?

Playing around with it more, the game will just assume a battle took place and that you won it. This will skip rewards and money, however.

Stephan.png

Armor portraits haven't been working too well, so I'm swapping them with expressions. Just gotta go back through the game and adjust for that.

Also new computer hype 👏

Five years ago yesterday (got focused on other things, completely missed the date), Power Master 1: A Strange Journey released through itch.io. As of today, it has been viewed 997 times and downloaded 272 times. Game had a lot of problems and was a very simple build in the RPG Maker VX Ace engine, but it got some attention upon release and helped me learn my way to game development. Whether you've been with me for a while or are a recent follower, thank you for the support of the game and for your patience as I work on the remake. :)

Back