Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Alex95's Thread of Stuff (Power Master/The 'Shroom/YouTube)

I've gotten a few requests to make Power Master 1: A Strange Journey available with a optional donation. Went back on forth on it for a while, and decided to make donating an option. 177 downloads later :P

If you haven't already downloaded the game, or if you have and were one of those that wanted to show support, you can do so here: https://powermaster.itch.io/power-master-1-a-strange-journey

The demo of the upcoming remake is also at a pay what you want price: https://powermaster.itch.io/power-master-1-a-strange-journey-mv-demo

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year from The 'Shroom!

This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_129/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Dragon Quest Builders! While it doesn't have a number in the title, the Switch release of this game appears to be Dragon Quest Builders 2. Think Dragon Quest meets Minecraft. An RPG sandbox, if you will.

Since this month was focused on the Wii U, I thought I'd return to the start of its life and see what went into making New Super Mario Bros. U (The_'Shroom:Issue_129/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been). Most of what I didn't cover was a lot of backgrounds and code. Perhaps the funniest part is that everything from the first two games was copied over and it all goes unused. Waste of space really :P

Alex95 said:
This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_129/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Dragon Quest Builders! While it doesn't have a number in the title, the Switch release of this game appears to be Dragon Quest Builders 2.

reading the article, it seems you're confusing dqb1 and 2 a little bit. The original DQB is actually being ported to switch (releases this February) so that's the one that's being called DQB. DQB2 should presumably be named, well, DQB2 when it eventually releases next year.

Aqua said:
Alex95 said:
This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_129/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Dragon Quest Builders! While it doesn't have a number in the title, the Switch release of this game appears to be Dragon Quest Builders 2.

reading the article, it seems you're confusing dqb1 and 2 a little bit. The original DQB is actually being ported to switch (releases this February) so that's the one that's being called DQB. DQB2 should presumably be named, well, DQB2 when it eventually releases next year.

I may have messed up my information then. Nintendo has it labeled as simply "Dragon Quest Builders" where as the Dragon Quest Wiki has it as "Dragon Quest Builders 2", with the wiki not giving a release for the first DQB. What I meant was it's Dragon Quest Builders 2, but for the Switch it's simply under Dragon Quest Builders, and the Switch version appears to have things DQB2 has that DQB1 didn't. If this information is totally wrong, then that's because there was a confliction in my sources and I just sort of merged them together.

the wiki page for dqb1 doesn't say anything about a switch port but it hasn't been edited since august, which afaik is before it was announced. so that seems to be where the misinformation comes from, the outdated article
so just to be clear, the original dragon quest builders is being ported to switch, largely unchanged, and that's the game that the nintendo website link you provided is talking about. dragon quest builders 2 is a separate sequel which is coming to switch later in the year and has new stuff in it, like what you talked about in the article

It's been almost a month since the last Power Master update. I really need to work faster :P

Bora moves on from a simple town in the original game to something of a small city in the remaster! The road is lined with lights, there are more buildings, and will always be the home of the Warrior of Bora. Original game image on bottom, remastered on top. Events aren't saved to the in-program image capture, so apologies for the lack of doors and decals :P

DTTDV45VAAEam0O.jpg

DTTDWJuVAAE1ub-.jpg

It's supposed to be a B :P It's made clearer in the remake, and each town has a letter in their pathway that signifies the town (Fora has an F, Bora has a B, etc.). It's a weird idea that didn't look well in the original game, but now that I'm making my own sprites, I can make them look better.

The City of Bora with the under construction Bora Building. The Bora Building dungeon was full of disorientating Transfer Panels in the original game, so things will be a bit less confusing this time around.

DTrzQ7WVwAAabdD.jpg

Just want to clarify: I'm not going to stop uploading videos. Just that YouTube's constant changes make working with the platform discouraging. I still have ideas I want to get out, but I'm not sure how YouTube will help or hinder me. Regardless, the next episode of SM64 Hardcore will be uploaded soon! (Hopefully tomorrow)

The first Could Have Been of 2018 is on Mister Apple's actually requested Mario Kart Wii (The_'Shroom:Issue_130/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been). There's a few stuff here that I didn't know about at first, such as Dry Dry Ruins's layout and the different bikes. Give it a look!

For Upcoming Game, I decided to look back while also looking forward with the Virtual Console release of Pokemon Crystal Version (The_'Shroom:Issue_130/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game). It's not a perfect copy of the original game, as there are some other bits that make use of the 3DS system, and also no-longer-region-specific Celebi!

I'd also like to extend my congrats and best wishes to all newcomers of the 'Shroom staff! Especially The Pyro Guy, as Pipe Plaza has become my favorite section over the years and I hope he does his best with the article.

Wanted to include this in the last post, but the next Super Mario 64 HARDCORE episode went up at 3am and it's my longest episode yet! Give it a look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7QxRPZqzB8

Hypnock is one of the more stranger foes in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV, but he's also one of the most dangerous. He is capable of hypnotizing his opponents to work for him and can also rewind time around him to recover his Health.

His design is slightly different from the first game. His eyes are now in a window similar to a digital clock and the decals on his hands are different.

DU6BNHWU0AAm0c7.png

Alex95 said:
more stranger
This is coming from a wiki patroller, folks. :diddy:

In all seriousness, that's a pretty creative enemy.

Next episode of Super Mario 64 HARDCORE is up! I take on Tall, Tall Mountain, Tiny-Huge Island, and Wet-Dry World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl9RINJUamU

DVJaxhpU0AAoEOq.jpg

The final episode of Super Mario 64 HARDCORE is up! Do I defeat Bowser or does Bowser defeat me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WojXUj8jLQA

DWBpw4_VwAECPzG.jpg

This will be my last YouTube video in a while. I have more planned, but things will hopefully be done differently in the future.

This month's Upcoming Game is on Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition (The_'Shroom:Issue_131/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game)! It's a collection of various Street Fighter titles in one game, but also has other bits like concept arts and color changers!

Mixing things up a bit, Could Have Been is part one of the Mario Party series (The_'Shroom:Issue_131/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been)! Take a look at what went into Hudson Soft's Mario Parties 1-DS, with next month's part two focusing on Nd Cube's titles!

And introducing a new section of mine: the NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_131/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight). Similar to The 'Shroom Spotlight, NIWA Spotlight focuses on one article from all our partner wikis that need attention. You can add requests in a separate topic here. Happy editing!

Back