• Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Alex95's Power Master Thread

The demo for Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV is now available for download, on either Windows, Linux, or Mac systems! Demo is available at a minimal price of $1, which will help me buy more games hire more professional artists that can help my game look more, well, professional! And also pay bills and stuff, cause I like having a roof over my head and eating and whatever :P

Download it here! https://powermaster.itch.io/power-master-1-a-strange-journey-mv-demo

Will work on getting it available for Steam and Nintendo eShop next.

Re: Alex95's Power Master Thread (Demo available!)

idk, even though I've already made a few of them, I'm considering redoing the portraits. I'm not the greatest artist and that shows sometimes, so it might be best to have the large busts be condensed into simple headshots, which are easier for me and don't take a lot of time to make.

I'll draw up some concepts later, but what do you guys think?

weapons_brainstorm_by_powermaster64-dbb05cw.png

Brainstorming some weapons and other things! Any ideas?

btw, slight hitch in getting the game demo uploaded for Steam, but it should be up within the next couple of days. :-\

Personally, I don't think Lunar really fits with Poison. Perhaps you could call it something like Viper? Lunar sounds cool definitely, but I think it would be better suited for, say, Sleep.

Lunar (along with Pyro, Frost, etc.) are other names based on elements, in this case, Dark. I thought Poison would be fitting for Dark type attacks, and I couldn't think of a good ailment for Earth, so I gave it Sleep. idk, in my mind, it makes sense :P

Of course, if it makes sense for you, then go for it! I was just a bit confused.

Great work! I'd like to download the demo. Is there any way to pay other than using a credit card? If not, I may have to borrow one of my parents' credit cards and pay them back in cash. :P

Okay, so, some minor bad news: Steam version isn't happening, at least for the time being. The payment needed to put the game up is too high at the moment and is currently not affordable. Maybe a Steam release could happen later down the road, but for now, it's not viable. Here's hoping a Nintendo eShop version is still possible. If not, then I'll just work with what I can do.

In terms of development, I'm still working on database stuff and haven't really progressed further than the first town. One change I decided on slowed me down a bit: I want character graphics to change based on the armor they are wearing. This is totally possible, but it requires redoing the armor setup and creating additional character sprites, which I can do. So, along with the work I'm doing for the Mario Wiki and my own, I think I have a good pace here. Just need to keep my ideas from overflowing to the point where I start conflicting myself :P I'll post some work I have on that at a later date.

stephace_by_powermaster64-dbdby5t.png

Due to the new brainstorm, I'm going back and redoing most of the sprites I've already made (yay?). Here's an example of Stephan again for the billionth time. Fixed his jaw and I'm terrible with lighting, so I used as little of it as possible (only a slight shine in the hair). Oh, and he's also not as pale. Everyone looked like ghosts earlier, which might've made it hard to tell them apart from the actual ghosts.

Looking for input on the face before I move to the body.

That face honestly looks amazing, I wouldn't change anything.

Now please make him shirtless

Re: Alex95's Could Have Been/Upcoming Game 'Shroom Thread

Luigi 64DD said:
Arrgh! I forgot about this!

As did I. Super Mario Odyssey info (The_%27Shroom:Issue_123/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) and a look into Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (The_%27Shroom:Issue_123/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been)!

I wanted my upcoming game for this month to be none other than the main event at E3, but I wasn't sure if I'd get it in on time. I gave Yoshi876 a heads up, but it appears I didn't need it. Hope you guys like reading more about a game you just spent a week learning more about!

As for Could Have Been, I was originally going to do Wario World, but there was very little content to cover. Like, hardly anything. So, I went with Wario's debut game.

Reize said:
Now please make him shirtless

Hey, I have to learn how to do proportions somehow, and there has to be something to show when he's not wearing any armor :P I have one drawn up, and would totally show it, but I fear that would break Rule 11. Sorry.

Making two games at once sounded like fun and was plausible at first, but as I tried to come up with content to work with both, it became rather complicated and unorthodox. So I'm postponing Power Master 2: The Legend for now and focusing more on Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV. This way, I can focus easier and the game development will be faster. Still shooting for a late 2017-early 2018 launch.

Game demo of PM1MV is still up for those that wish to play what I've made so far.

Made it so the demo is now "pay what you want"! Download it for free, or make a payment to show some support.

https://powermaster.itch.io/power-master-1-a-strange-journey-mv-demo

On the bright side Steam Direct is infinity times better to deal with than Greenlight. Iirc you only need to front $100 and do some paperwork. Eshop will be a much more difficult and expensive process.

I'm check out the game when I get some time

Working on creating artwork and sprites of the characters similar to how I did Silver Knight earlier. I have Stephan's outline done, but am looking for insight on proportions before I move onto actual coloring. There's some slight coloring to mark ideas later, though. Yes, head is huge, but that's a usual thing for my characters apparently, so it won't look out of place between everyone ;D

StephanMVLineArtwork.png

Jennifer is the type of character that just keeps looking better every time I draw her. This is definitely one of her best - if not, the best - pieces of art I've drawn of her. Only real gripe I have is that I can never angle bows correctly, but Jennifer herself looks great!

JenniferMVArtwork.png

I think for the side on ones you need to have some reference because the portions and perspectives are off. You can model it yourself by standing in a mirror and/or taking a photo

HamiltonMVArt.png

And now Hamilton! Gave him a slightly different design than I did at first. Hair is swept differently, only one spike on his shoulder pads (two is difficult to animate and align), axe now has a dark blue scheme to it as opposed to black, and spike pads on his boots.

Like with Silver Knight earlier, the artworks will also be used as the character battlers if they need to be fought in the game, shrunken down to fit on the screen.

Sidon said:
I think for the side on ones you need to have some reference because the portions and perspectives are off. You can model it yourself by standing in a mirror and/or taking a photo

I'm trying, I really am. Proportions are difficult for me to get down. I can tell I'm improving, but I can also tell I'm not perfect. Hopefully I catch on to something as I go down the road.

Rounding out the original four heroes is Helen! I went for a more dynamic look with her swinging her whip in mid-attack. Like with Hamilton, there's a slight redesign from the last time I posted Helen.

HelenMVArt.png

Re: Alex95's Could Have Been/Upcoming Game 'Shroom Thread

I'll try to update this more, but sense I only have to worry about this once a month, it doesn't seem that hard /shrugs/

Upcoming Game (The_%27Shroom:Issue_125/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) focuses on Fire Emblem Warriors! This has been long speculated, and was a topic that popped up a few times while I was active on Serenes Forest. But now that it's finally announced and revealed, I'm a little disappointed, at least when it comes to the characters. The gameplay and graphics look great (so does the story, as far as Fire Emblem goes), but the currently revealed roster of characters seems to only appeal to the more popular games. I'd love to see Ike, Hector, Ephraim, Elinicia, Sigurd, Lyn, Eirika, etc make an appearance, or even the more obscure fan favorites like Kent, Joshua, Astrid, and Athena.

With the upcoming remake on the way, Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_125/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) focuses on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The removal of the guest characters in the Starbeans Cafe is pretty common knowledge at this point, though the real interesting left out character is this cloaked Beanish. Veeeeeeery interesting. Some of the cut content could return in the remake, so lets hope those guests make a return for some reason. I just want to see them :P

What other games do you want me to cover?

Here is a new character being introduced into Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV, Alice! Canonically, she is Hamilton's younger sister, but her sibling can change based on the player's decisions at the start of the game. Her artwork also reveals a new weapon type that can be used, called Wands, that allows the wielder to use a certain magical skill as long as the wand is equipped. Alice's wand is a Healing Wand.

I like how her head tilt and body proportions came out. But, uh, I couldn't get the left arm to look right at all. Don't stare at it too long.

AliceMVArt.png

I'd recommend making certain that her hand has a wrist. No human arm is just straight through; hands are larger than the forearms. You did wrist work correctly with the right arm, so just try that with the left.

Back