Author Topic: NIWA Spotlight  (Read 982 times)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
NIWA Spotlight
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
Current NIWA Spotlight in The 'Shroom

Chances are, you don't have only Mario games. I myself have over 300 games, ranging from Mario to Zelda to Pokemon to Metroid to Fire Emblem. I decided to help out with other NIWA sites due to this plethora of information, ultimately becoming an administrator of the F-Zero and Kid Icarus Wikis.

But despite that, I can't do everything, so I'm here to summon help from those that can provide it! And you can do the same! Sure, you can post in the relative NIWA's forums or chat service, but not everyone you know could be on there. Basically, this is a thread for you to request help from the users of the Mario Wiki for another NIWA wiki, similar to our own 'Shroom Spotlight (hence the title). For the Mario Wiki related stuff, check out the 'Shroom Spotlight topic!

I'll update this OP with requests, so they are all in one convenient spot(light). Maybe I'll make a thread like this in other places as well.

Current requests

F-Zero Wiki:
  • A lot of these articles are out of date or missing information. Information on the F-Zero GBA titles are especially bland.

Icaruspedia:
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising is missing some images, specifically revolving around the weapons and items.

Nintendo Wiki:
  • Stub clean-up and article creation in general. Many Mario games are missing information, which should be right up our alley.
  • Mario Golf: World Tour has been requested to be created.

WiKirby:
  • Warp Star is missing a number of game appearances.

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
Re: NIWA Spotlight
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:24:49 PM »
I'm taking this opportunity to say that Nintendo Wiki needs work. Basically, many of its articles are either stubs or not created at all. There's only one user who consistently edits there afaik, and that's Toa 95. Many of the articles on Mario games are stubs, so even if you only know the Mario series, you can still help. I feel like it would be dead if it weren't for Toa 95, so it could really use some more editors. (Also shoutouts to Toa for continuing to edit it when barely anyone else is.)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
The NIWA Spotlight is now a part of The 'Shroom! Keeping requests to this thread rather than my collective projects one so it's easier to keep track of them (assuming there are any). The Advance Wars wiki was unlocked literally yesterday, so it's not part of this list, but it will be starting with next month's.

Savato

• Parasitic form of death
  • King Bowser
  • LED42
  • Also known as "Face-off with death"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 09:10:22 PM »
I decided to join Nintendo Wiki. I'm always able to help with something.

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »
Can Mario Golf World Tour be a wanted article focus for Nintendo Wiki next month?  I may write it before then, but writing articles isnít really my thing.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 10:11:03 PM »
Can Mario Golf World Tour be a wanted article focus for Nintendo Wiki next month?  I may write it before then, but writing articles isnít really my thing.

Yeah, I can add it to next month's Wanted Article section. Will also add it in the OP here.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:20 PM »
I keep forgetting this thread exists hhhhhhh

Good news: The CAPTCHA problem on the F-Zero Wiki has been fixed by getting rid of it completely (a few days ago)! You are now free to create an account of your own without having to go through an admin! Other minor problems will likely be fixed soon.

Bad news: The Donkey Kong Wiki will be shut down once all content on it is merged with the Super Mario Wiki's. While you're still free to edit there, you should probably edit the relevant page on the SMW instead. The Donkey Kong Wiki will be removed from the NIWA Spotlight list as of next issue.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 09:57:34 PM »
The Donkey Kong Wiki has been removed, as specified. Any additions that can be made to the Donkey Kong Wiki, please add them to the Super Mario Wiki where possible instead! The Nintendo Wiki is currently down due to a server issue, which is being worked on.

Last month, nothing got done, which isn't good. I uploaded an image for Icaruspedia, but that wasn't what was listed, so... I get we're mainly here for the Mario information, but even if one thing gets done on this month's list, that would be fabulous!

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
New NIWA Spotlight is up! There hasn't been much done lately these past couple of months. If you're able to, please try and get at least one thing done on the list!

The Nintendo Wiki was down during the writing of the section, and it currently still is. As such, it has been omitted from this month's list, and it will be brought back once the site is back up.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 12:03:02 PM »
New NIWA Spotlight is up! StrategyWiki, SmashWiki, and ZeldaWiki all got some improvements within the last month. Not a lot was done, but better than last month!

I realize a whole list of wikis can be daunting to look at, so perhaps I should start posting a simplified list here, one subject in each category similar to the 'Shroom Spotlight:

• Wanted Article: Only one Wanted Article listed for this month: Enrich Flavor from EarthBound.
  • Stub Article: Dragon Quest Monsters isn't that popular of a series, but cyber slime is incredibly bland.
  • Rewrite: The strategy for defeating Emperor Bulblax in the first Pikmin is very jumbled and needs work.
  • More Images: Every hero has a heart, and apparently Kirby's Hero's Heart is shaped like a star?
  • Image Quality: This is an image from New Super Mario Bros.... I think.
  • Citation Needed: Does Franklin appear in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival? He doesn't have an amiibo, so perhaps he's a background character.

Also, thanks to Yoshi876 for saying something about NIWA Spotlight in the recent Shroom Spotlights! That should help a lot :)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
NIWA Spotlight - Cross-Wiki Weekend!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »
Cross-Wiki Weekend is here! Over the weekend, you can help out wikis you don't normally edit or wikis you haven't edited before for a chance to win a $20 Nintendo eShop gift card! Wow!

If you need some ideas, new NIWA Spotlight's got you covered as well as previous NIWA Spotlights! Create an article, fix some bad writing, or upload a few images!

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 09:46:34 PM »
New NIWA Spotlight! We got some updates here:

*As previously mentioned, the Nintendo Wiki has returned to life! It came back up after I had already sent the section in, so it will return to the list in the next issue.
*MetroidWiki is having some issues, and LylatWiki's undergoing some changes. But both can still be edited.
*Disaster Flare, an admin on SmashWiki, has been promoted to Editor-of-Chief for LylatWiki!

Some specific things I want to see done on this list:
*There's a lot of pages missing on ZeldaWiki regarding Breath of the Wild, especially when it comes to weapons and items. A Lynel Shield, may not be an easy shield to get, but its relative items already have a page.
*Boomer is one of the few enemies still unique to the first Kirby game. He's only in the Extra Mode, so details are scarce.
*There are absolutely no screenshots of Lord of the Underworld on the page. If anyone has some 3DS capture software, I'd appreciate the help.

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »
I'll request that Warp Star on WiKirby be expanded.  I marked it as a stub today because it was missing quite a few game appearances, as well as its appearance in the Kirby anime.  I'll quote my edit summary:
Quote from: my edit summary
Marking as stub; this article is missing several game appearances such as Adventure and Super Star, as well as its appearance in the anime.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 01:11:17 AM »
New NIWA Spotlight!

*Fire Emblem's Bath (or Barth) remained loyal to Lycia during Bern's attack, but is he originally from Lycia?
*Lip's page on SmashWiki was rewritten before the issue went up (yesterday at the time of this writing :/), but could still use some work.
*Warp Star on WiKirby was suggested by YoshiFlutterJump to be expanded upon, specifically about its missing game appearances and role in the anime.