Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Alex95's Power Master Thread (Demo available!)

Ah, that must've been what I blanked on :P I reuploaded the pic on my wiki, where the image is hosted on, so the image here is updated as well. Hopefully I fixed it correctly... Realized you shouldn't really be able to see her thumb from that angle either, so that might've been a problem too. Also, corrected and added some missed shading.

If for some reason image here doesn't update, the updated file can be found here: https://powermaster.gamepedia.com/File:AliceMVArt.png

The image didn't update here, but yes, that looks far better! :clap:

Behold Matt in all his glory! This hot-headed, muscle-bound, philanderer appears as one of the new playable characters in Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV.

MattMVArt.png

One of the newer additions in the upcoming Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV is having the character graphic change based on the armor that character has equipped. Ranges from full on graphical changes to simple pallet swaps. Here's some Stephans as examples.

stephans_by_powermaster64-dbn99mz.png

Re: Alex95's Could Have Been/Upcoming Game 'Shroom Thread

This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_126/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Xenoblade Chronicles 2! I haven't played the first game, but I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, so I know at least how the game works. If anything, XCX should've had the anime style than the direct sequel, imo.
Also, had difficulty getting images to load. They were originally named "UG126XC2_#", but apparently the XC part of it was blacklisted. Wondering what that's about.

Suggested by Tucayo, Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_126/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) is on Paper Mario! I have played through the game, but not enough times to really be familiar with it, but at least The Thousand-Year Door was close enough in game mechanics. Most interesting to me was the unused sprite of Peach. I wonder why that was left out. Would've been perfect for the ending.

Suggest some things for next issue! I have an idea of what to cover in Could Have Been for the two special issues coming up, but don't let that stop you ;)

Re: Alex95's Could Have Been/Upcoming Game 'Shroom Thread

Mario Kart could have been? Maybe Wii?

Following the post about the several Stephan's in different outfits, there were supposed to be overworld spritesheets of each one. However, due to the way I want the game to unfold and the way eventing in RPG Maker works, that doesn't seem possible. The outfits will only appear in portraits, and were only meant to be cosmetic changes anyway :P

Re: Alex95's Thread of Stuff (Power Master/The 'Shroom/YouTube)

Requested my Power Master and The 'Shroom threads to be merged into one so I can have everything in one convenient location for me (some posts here may seem out of place now, btw). I'm also going to start including my YouTube content on here! This is my channel called "Hardcore Alex" (it's a stupid name, but whatever). I do Let's Plays of games but with added rules of my own.

Currently, I am doing a run of Super Mario 64. These are the rules I'm following:
1. If I get a Game Over, the playthrough ends there
2. No extra lives, either by way of 1-Ups or Coins
3. If I do end up collecting a life, I have to lose it before completing the mission
Was also going to say "No caps", but I want to be able to collect as many Stars as possible. Playlist of this playthrough is here and in progress. I also have done three other games about a year ago, so feel free to check those out too. I'm also planning on doing other types of videos like Top 10s and other things.

This is my most recent video:

You may notice a lack of game sounds. Well, my capture doesn't record those well, so music is added during editing.

May I suggest adding 'I don't know' and 'can you repeat the question' to that poll?

Nah, don't want it to be excessive. It's just there because I can't delete it, but I might as well leave it until an actual question I have comes up.

By the way, forgot to mention, I'm taking fan star requests for Super Mario 64 :D

jennifer_33_by_powermaster64-dbq7d0x.png

Well, since Stephan got an update, Jennifer was bound to get one eventually (as will the rest). Like with Stephan, she has several other various costume portraits, too. Maybe I'll show some off later :) I noticed her shoulders are a little wide, but by the time I realized that, I was too far in with her other portraits to make the necessary corrections. Oh, well. Fits her character I guess?

Also, apologies for the lack of YouTube content after merging the threads together. I've been having some physical issues, and home events are not timing correctly. I plan on recording the entire playthrough in succession before moving to editing to make things easier. ...But, uh, I'll just have to keep working on that.

hamilton_34_by_powermaster64-dbr5zjf.png

Redid Hamilton's portrait. Gotta love those impractical spikes.

Adding to that, I also made colorful buttons to activate stuff:
Button1.png

Circles are Flip Switches, meaning you only have to press them once.
Squares are Pressure Switches. You have to leave something on them in order for them to work, but I'm still figuring out how to do that exactly.
Triangles are Timer Switches. You press it then a timer starts counting down. When the timer ends, the switch will return to normal.
Diamonds are Counting Switches. You have to press them in a certain order in order for them to work.

Possibilities!

Ignore the electrical pipes on the bottom-left. Meant to remove those :P

This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_127/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Sonic Forces! Yep, that's right, talking about a Sonic game in a Mario newsletter on a Mario fansite! Nothing out of the ordinary here!

Suggested by Mister Apple, the Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_127/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) is on Mario Kart 8 and Deluxe!
Mister Apple said:
Mario Kart could have been? Maybe Wii?
...Oh. I missremembered that. Um... I'll do Mario Kart Wii in a later issue. :P

Next month: Some Could Have Been 8-Bit fun!

Uploaded this yesterday and completely blanked on it, I have returned to the Super Mario 64 HARDCORE playthrough! I do my best to complete Whomp's Fortress!

23032457_1692380967473360_4686050553674115806_n.png

A few months ago (I think), I said I decided against using player characters in battle because they were not turning out right. Well, I went back to it to try and find a way that worked, and I came up with little character windows that not only look better but are also easier for me to edit. The windows also display a word or phrase that shows what that character is doing (poor Helen).

You can now see the surrounding town from inside the houses! Earlier it was just this black void.

DOE9J5YU8AAkuSI.jpg

EDIT: Also, next episode of Super Mario 64 Hardcore! I do things! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vyAsTmBjY

Issue 128 has been released, and with it a new Could Have Been and Upcoming Game!

This month's Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_128/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) is on Super Mario Bros.! There is honestly more information that I thought there would be, but it'd be nice to take a trip to the past to see what went in to making the most influential game of all time. Next month's will be a Wii U game!

Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_128/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Kirby: Star Allies! Kirby's Return to Dream Land + Kirby 64 + Kirby Super Star = Epicness! And I have not played any of those! :)

Alex95 said:
Kirby's Return to Dream Land + Kirby 64 + Kirby Super Star = Epicness! And I have not played any of those! :)
How have you so thoroughly sinned

I've seen videos and Nintendo Powers and stuff on them, but never really had an opportunity to play them. I've played Epic Yarn, Air Ride, Dream Land, and Star Stacker, though.

HOW IS THAT I DIDN'T READ THE COULD HAVE BEEN SECTION ABOUT SMB BEING THE BIGGEST RETRO GAMES FAN, PITY ME READ IT NOW I'll read that immediately. And, if there's still enough time, I suggest you making the Could Have Been section about Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (the original or the remake, I don't care).

Back