Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Mcmadness said:
Never said you couldn't!

Well Toadette is in the game so thats cool.

Not playable but she is there.

Hopefully she has some of her charm from Treasure Tracker and Paper Jam, and isn't just Toad as a girl

She should have been one of the game's playable characters.

Baby Luigi said:
She should have been one of the game's playable characters.
8 is enough

To be fair, it's 8 separate characters that function differently from each other. They probably didn't want to go too overboard on playable characters and having to make rabbid versions of all of them. I'm sure there will be a sequel, because it's two cash cows combined into one game. Maybe we'll get more there.

Magikrazy said:
To be fair, it's 8 separate characters that function differently from each other. They probably didn't want to go too overboard on playable characters and having to make rabbid versions of all of them.
Or maybe they could not have characters that all look and sound the same except they're the other characters' clothes?

That's the Rabbids's schtick, being filler and being "different" with different clothes. You can ask the Ninja Turtles how that turned out. That being said, I do like more characters...

Time Turner said:
Magikrazy said:
To be fair, it's 8 separate characters that function differently from each other. They probably didn't want to go too overboard on playable characters and having to make rabbid versions of all of them.
Or maybe they could not have characters that all look and sound the same except they're the other characters' clothes?
Well then perhaps a game called Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle isn't your cup of tea.

Magikrazy said:
Time Turner said:
Magikrazy said:
Well then perhaps a game called Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle isn't your cup of tea.
I mean, I'm sure that the game's going to be fun and visually appealing, much in the same way New Super Mario Bros. Wii was fun despite having Blue Toad and Yellow Toad as two of the four playable characters.

Rabbids all look the same so them wearing clothes is about the only thing you can do to really differentiate them.

Besides it's not like they have the same personality as the Mario characters they are based off.

Mcmadness said:
Rabbids all look the same so them wearing clothes is about the only thing you can do to really differentiate them.

Besides it's not like they have the same personality as the Mario characters they are based off.
So maybe the solution is to not have the Rabbids as playable characters at all.

The team stressed the amount of Mario and Rabbids representation to be equal. Maybe having 4 of each world playable was a must in their eyes.

Time Turner said:
Mcmadness said:

I suppose so, but I doubt Nintendo would have tried this on their own so we're kinda boned in that aspect.

GmanSir said:
The team stressed the amount of Mario and Rabbids representation to be equal. Maybe having 4 of each world playable was a must in their eyes.

It seems like 70% Rabbids and 30% Mario honestly. The majority of the enemies are rabbids, even the main bosses. You can have Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach on your team but not Luigi and Peach unless you play co-op.

Time Turner said:

Kinda goes against the entire point of a crossover.

memoryman3 said:
It seems like 70% Rabbids and 30% Mario honestly. The majority of the enemies are rabbids, even the main bosses. You can have Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach on your team but not Luigi and Peach unless you play co-op.

But takes place primarily in a Mario based setting and most of the Rabbids are taking orders from a Mario character.

memoryman3 said:
GmanSir said:

I don't think Daisy is worth 20% of a game, sorry.

Mcmadness said:
Time Turner said:

Kinda goes against the entire point of a crossover.

memoryman3 said:

But takes place primarily in a Mario based setting and most of the Rabbids are taking orders from a Mario character.

The crossover would make sense if all of the Rabbids were the enemies, to evoke a sense that they are invading the Mushroom Kingdom.

Which they are. Rabbids are stupid and lack coordination so it would make sense that Bowser jr or somebody else would take advantage of that.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Mario Character Spotlight | Gameplay Trailer | Ubisoft [US]
A really nice little trailer that shows Mario's different abilities and moves.

Mario is here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.

And he's all out of bubble gum.

Hope those weapons get ripped at a later point so I can put them in another shooter.

That "other shooter" is the best Mario-themed shooter ever made.

So, Yoshi Safari?

Definitely Yoshi Safari then.

Back