Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, this is getting a season pass. But unlike Breath of the Wild, you can choose which to buy. Details are in the video.
[youtube]watch?v=ImbaI1FZhwc[/youtube]

Jet Set Red Yoshi said:
Like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, this is getting a season pass. But unlike Breath of the Wild, you can choose which to buy. Details are in the video.
[youtube]watch?v=ImbaI1FZhwc[/youtube]

I hate it when DLC info is vague yet they want our money in Day 1. At least Mario Kart announced the characters beforehand in order to soften the disappointment of some people.

Yeah it's an ubisoft game alright.

I'm not going to buy the Season Pass. It's basically a gamble, since we don't know what exactly goes in it in an uncertain future. If the DLC gets revealed and looks attractive, then sure, but it's not worth it right now.

They'r really hamfisting it with "special editions" and season passes; I wonder if they'll go the microtransaction route too.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm not going to buy the Season Pass. It's basically a gamble, since we don't know what exactly goes in it in an uncertain future. If the DLC gets revealed and looks attractive, then sure, but it's not worth it right now.

After my Smash Bros DLC experience...I am never EVER touching pre release season passes again!

I'm sorry your unrealistic expectations for Smash DLC let you down.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I'm sorry your unrealistic expectations for Smash DLC let you down.

How was it unrealistic? Is this another case of "hurr durr Daisy sux she's just a lame clone" even though the Ballot existed to make unrealistic choices a reality? Daisy was realistic at the time (until I saw Mario Maker initially...)

Anyways this DLC is for a Mario/Rabbid game so at least she's not entirely counted out!

Daisy never had a chance.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that ballot was a big sham anyhow since much as I love Bayonetta I really have a hard time seeing her as the one who won it.

Mcmadness said:

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that ballot was a big sham anyhow since much as I love Bayonetta I really have a hard time seeing her as the one who won it.

She was top 5 in the US and #1 in Europe.

Overall she was #1 worldwide. She won the ballot. If Daisy won the ballot, she would be in Smash Bros. If someone like K.Rool won the ballot, he would be in the game. Full stop.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean that they are completely useless!

And posting the results would be hell waiting to happen. Best keep it a secret.

The DLC doesn't even mention new characters as far as I know.

Baby Luigi said:
The DLC doesn't even mention new characters as far as I know.

memoryman3 said:
Mcmadness said:

Overall she was #1 worldwide. She won the ballot. If Daisy won the ballot, she would be in Smash Bros. If someone like K.Rool won the ballot, he would be in the game. Full stop.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean that they are completely useless!

Pulling numbers out of your ass is not a source.

They mention new story content. Usually, new DLC story content comes with a new playable character or two.

And my source was the Smash Bros Final Presentation.

Now I'm off to the Ubisoft forums to try and have some sort of influence.

I deleted that section of my post, because I thought the "she was #1 worldwide" in your post was referring to Daisy, not Bayonetta.

memoryman3 said:
They mention new story content. Usually, new DLC story content comes with a new playable character or two.

Not necessarily.

memoryman3 said:
Now I'm off to the Ubisoft forums to try and have some sort of influence.

Everyone in the internet can frankly do without your annoying creepy fetish.

memoryman3 said:
And just because you like a character doesn't mean you should feel entitled to their inclusion in everything.

Just... "I'd like this character to appear" instead of "if this character doesn't appear I'm going to be so pissed"

Monster said:
memoryman3 said:
And just because you like a character doesn't mean you should feel entitled to their inclusion in everything.

Just... "I'd like this character to appear" instead of "if this character doesn't appear I'm going to be so pissed"

OK then

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1731645-I-hope-the-DLC-features-new-playable-characters-like-Princess-Daisy-Rabbid-Daisy!?p=12868703#post12868703

Ubisoft staff and even developers of the game read this quite often so I think it would be quite helpful to drop a comment or two here if you want more characters.

That I probably am but eh. I realize he's not an A list character and I'm content with the SSS remake at this point so :P

On the subject of DLC for this game, eh not sure about it but I'll probably get the game itself at some point, that Phantom of the Bwahpera is great.

memoryman3 said:

And posting the results would be hell waiting to happen. Best keep it a secret.

The ballot was the hell, posting the results would just be the bandages.

memoryman3 said:
I hate it when DLC info is vague yet they want our money in Day 1. At least Mario Kart announced the characters beforehand in order to soften the disappointment of some people.
Yep, that's how season passes work.

memoryman3 said:
Baby Luigi said:

After my Smash Bros DLC experience...I am never EVER touching pre release season passes again!
Smash actually had some very solid (albeit slightly overpriced) DLC

Mcmadness said:

It's important to remember that they stressed she was #1 among "realizable characters". Now what does that mean? Well obviously they have to exclude joke and meme votes like Shrek and Spongebob, as well non vidoe game characters like Goku. "Realizable" could also refer to third parties. Like for example, say Rayman won but Ubisoft wasn't willing to play ball for some reason. He would not be "realizable".

It's also highly likely they'll be taking the ballot results into account when deciding the roster for the next game, so they have a feel for which newcomers are wanted.

Monster said:
they should've at least posted the results, top 10 or whatever with numbers.
No. Bad idea. People would throw tantrums. Imagine the rabid fans who would see their character on the list and know that they were glanced over.

GalacticPetey said:
It's important to remember that they stressed she was #1 among "realizable characters". Now what does that mean? Well obviously they have to exclude joke and meme votes like Shrek and Spongebob, as well non vidoe game characters like Goku. "Realizable" could also refer to third parties. Like for example, say Rayman won but Ubisoft wasn't willing to play ball for some reason. He would not be "realizable".
for some reason, I'd just think it's "whoever the development team likes the most"

We can't really truly know what "realizable" means. For all we know King K. Rool could have won but he wasn't "realizable" because Sakurai couldn't develop a moveset he liked. The language was intentionally vague. I'm not gonna accuse Sakurai or the dev team of lying, but we have no idea what their criteria is.

Here's the game's CGI opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7wQ2f4uwV0

For a Mario fan, this girl has a very limited amount of character toys. Don't blame her, as Nintendo held back for over a year.

0AkmF0G.png

What a great best friend Peach is.

There's also Wario :wario: and Waluigi :waluigi: figurines in the girls room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjgcXBuSKM

Back