Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

1fa18a1439c50c349b7a4cf98c644de6.jpg

I love how cute and adorable Peach looks in this one. I love it when Peach wears her hair in a ponytail in her dress.

Also since it was Nintendrawer's birthday I made this as a gift for Nintendrawer.

happy_birthday_nintendrawer_by_pwwnd123-dbgojdd.jpg

My sister drew it, I colored it, and I added the text in GIMP. It looks pretty okay to me.

Time Turner said:
This seems like a one-sided battle.

Yeah, she'd kick his ass six ways from sunday.

lunch_in_the_mushroom_kingdom_by_cody_church-d1vwt7v.png

idk there is something like about Mario chugging a beer

Who wouldn't chug a nice cold one with pizza? They're pretty much made for each other.

Yet they have plates, forks, drink ware, napkins, and a table cloth. Wait, they can carry items that small normally. Never mind! Ignore me.

fairly-oddparents-characters-656x369.jpg

(This image is drawn by Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly OddParents, in case you can't tell)

Thank you for reading.

LmkeZpr.png

hooray for MS Paint not going to die

this is mine btw

he's supposed to be using his specials but I forgot his goddamn cape

I use a Wacom pen thing and first thing I do is block out the shapes. I draw a circle for a head and sketch in the vertical and horizontal lines that run through the center of the circle. It's harder without layers but you can just erase the circle later. I then draw out the shape and make use of my drawing knowledge like forshortening (that's intentionally distorting the model; stuff closer to you is bigger and stuff far away from you is smaller). I also try my best to make the line art clean and interesting like making it taper off a bit at some points. I also block out the pose and I try to make the pose as original; no copying existing artwork - that's boring. IDK I think that requires some drawing practice beforehand but the Wacom helps a bunch.

Edit: I'm edit happy. Anyway, I also look at existing Mario artwork NOT to copy the pose but to figure out the proportions and color. I also have a Mario figure handy, even though it's not articulate. It helps drawing the fists certainly.

That Gamefaqs thread sure is getting people who prefer better programs to use Paint for some things eh?

Here's one of the things I did for it. The one I feel like I put the most effort into anyway.

xsbwaoI.png

Makes sense, their character types are about as anime as you can get.

Back