2001: A Mario Odyssey

Uncle amiibo didn't work like I expected him to do, I guess more time gives more precise hints

I only used Uncle amiibo for costumes, the hints were just a bonus and honestly since it's only available after completing the main story on a kingdom, you're usually ready to move to the next kingdom for now so waiting 5 minutes for a hint is a bit... eh.

I really love the hat jump move. It was hard to nail the timing down at first, but I finally got it down.

https://twitter.com/MagnoliaMoof/status/924169395609378816

What an ending boss fight lol

I just don’t see how exactly the ending was controversial in any way so guess I’ll have to read gamefaqs for that

new donk city for smash 5

But seriously the only thing I don't like about this game is that I have to stop playing it sometimes.

Rosalina may not appear but at least she and Galaxy are referenced more than Lord Voldemort

the menu sounds when played in order make the tune of the Cosmic Observatory

rosalinaodyssey-gif.133433

Spinning Rosalina in the moon with her wand.

I love when Nintendo has this level of detail

I am playing it at a way slower pace than most people, which is par for the course for me. I'm not really into huge binges where you beat the entire game in one sitting. Right now I'm in the Sand Kingdom, and I'm eager to keep going! It's pretty great so far. I also gotta say, I really appreciate some of these references, especially Galaxy ones.
I was surprised that they used the SMB Airship music from Super Mario Maker in the opening. I guess it's one of Bowser's official themes now.

Sounds like every one's having a great time so far, which is great since this game's proven to be one of Mario's greatest adventure yet! Unfortunately, I will only receive my copy next week since physical copies typically come later due to the posting of the game taking time.

Thank you for reading.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Rosalina may not appear but at least she and Galaxy are referenced more than Lord Voldemort

the menu sounds when played in order make the tune of the Cosmic Observatory

rosalinaodyssey-gif.133433

Spinning Rosalina in the moon with her wand.

I love when Nintendo has this level of detail

Well there is also

The toad brigade showing up with their starshroom which they have converted into a shop

Kirumi Tojo said:
What an ending boss fight lol

I just don’t see how exactly the ending was controversial in any way so guess I’ll have to read gamefaqs for that
For convenience

Searching "ending" on GameFAQs helps too

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200275-super-mario-odyssey/75906644
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200275-super-mario-odyssey/75916737
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200275-super-mario-odyssey/75915202
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200275-super-mario-odyssey/75907779

We know that other generic amiibo give a Power Moon hint via Uncle amiibo.
And there's a neat detail which Uncle amiibo recognises most of the amiibo by name (not amiibo nickname).

Uncle amiibo said:
Oh, of course! It's a good ol'
[character name] amiibo. Obviously.

Note that Uncle amiibo doesn't recognise:
-3rd party characters (Sonic, Pac-man, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta)
-Skylanders amiibo
-Released after Alm/Celica (Pikmin, Corrin, Goomba/Koopa, Chrom/Tiki, Metroid) that isn't the Odyssey amiibo
-A card (Animal Crossing, Shadow Mewtwo, Mario Sports)
-3rd party amiibo (Shovel Knight characters, Monster Hunter Stories characters)
These amiibo are identified as "lovely".
Uncle amiibo said:
Oh, of course! It's a good ol'
lovely amiibo. Obviously.

Kirumi Tojo said:
Oh, I ALREAdy Googled myself but thanks anyways
I googled you too. Didn't know you run a family channel with over 2 million subs :PI love the sequence breaks you can do in this game. But dang, the world records on those Koopa races, idk how they get like 10 seconds faster than my best times, when I feel like I've got the absolute fastest route down.

K1-B0 said:
pretty amazing character appearance spoiler

Y2vqMbl.jpg

TFW POOCHY IS IN A MAINLINE MARIO TITLE
WAT

WHERE

Just got the skeleton costume for Mario. 9999 coins seems to be a lot, but luckily it is relatively easy to grind coins in this game. And Mario as a skeleton looks really funny. Interstingly, he still has his moustache, despite his skin and hear is gone...

If there isn't DLC with Isle Delfino, Beanbean Kingdom and a haunted house kingdom (there were no boos in the game??) then I'll be a little disappointed, despite the amount of other content already available.

Kirumi Tojo said:
>beanbean kingdom

>>>>>>implying Main series would ever recognize the existence of the rpgs
Well the Metro Kingdom theme already sounds like something from Paper Mario Sticker Star.

Pauline said:
Well the Metro Kingdom theme already sounds like something from Paper Mario Sticker Star.

You mean it sounds like something from 3DLand/world.

Big Band music has been a major recurring thing in Mario these last few years.

Half of the Power Moons in the Steam Garden involve finding a hidden nut, and cracking it open to get a Power Moon.

This is by far the best thing to come out of this game (other than being a taxi)

Back