2001: A Mario Odyssey

This is definitely the first game I'll play when I get a Switch.
I predict a sequel around 2019-21.

They could simply make DLC for this rather than a sequel, that would be more preferable for me.

Yeah, no thanks. They got away with some good shit with the Galaxy sequel, but a sequel to a game of this caliber to come out in a matter of two years would be rushing it.

Crunchii came through. :eekdance:
You can find most of the endgame tracks on his channel.
Honeylune Ridge Caves is Boss

Well, here it begins.

I’m gonna watch everyone get this while I’m most likely to get it on Christmas and you’re gonna watch me suffer the spoilers.

Byakuya Togami said:
Well, here it begins.

I’m gonna watch everyone get this while I’m most likely to get it on Christmas and you’re gonna watch me suffer the spoilers.

Well you're not alone, I have to wait until Christmas to get it too. Been going out of my way to combat spoilers by using Ad Block Plus on YouTube to hide both the recommended video section since last year I had Paper Mario: Color Splash's final boss spoiled because someone had it in their video's thumbnail and the comment section for good measure.

Something I noticed was that there's an Albert Einstein costume in the game.
1509073083268.png

And in that Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode, 9001: A Mario Odyssey, Albert Einstein was in it. I know there's no relation, but Wooooah! Also I believe the Einstein outfit was based off some Super Mario advertisement.

It sucks because I think when Christmas's around, what's discussed is already done and you might not get as much of a discussion since people may or may not have moved on. But we'll see.

I know the first thing I do in this game, if it can be the first thing, I'll scan the Wedding Peach amiibo.

YoshiGo99 said:
Something I noticed was that there's an Albert Einstein costume in the game.
1509073083268.png

And in that Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode, 9001: A Mario Odyssey, Albert Einstein was in it. I know there's no relation, but Wooooah! Also I believe the Einstein outfit was based off some Super Mario advertisement.

It is. It's based on a Super Game Boy advert

ThatGuy62 said:
Crunchii came through. :eekdance:
You can find most of the endgame tracks on his channel.

And of course Bowser's music is ace, as always.

[youtube]watch?v=NoMUkjZ14AY[/youtube]
Very cool final boss and escape and nice cutscreen, however, there is something I noticed. @7:20 to 7:40, Mario goes into Bowser's mind. I slowed it down to 25% speed and saw Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 (for reference, the image is below) then Super Mario Odyssey images. I wonder why these four games and not others. Not due to length because all except those four are Super Mario Odyssey images and they last a long time. Hmm...
SM64_Mario_Swings_Bowser.png

Just got the game and played it.

The physical version includes lyrics to ‘Jump Up, Super Star!’ on the inside.

I played the demo today and I think I was hooked and felt the demo didn't last long enough.

Now I want the game, but for the time being, I'm in love with the Fancy Mario amiibo that I can definitely afford.

Marie the best squid★ said:
Byakuya Togami said:
Well, here it begins.

Well you're not alone, I have to wait until Christmas to get it too. Been going out of my way to combat spoilers by using Ad Block Plus on YouTube to hide both the recommended video section since last year I had Paper Mario: Color Splash's final boss spoiled because someone had it in their video's thumbnail and the comment section for good measure.
I don't even have a Switch.

Meanwhile, where Luigi is...

Also Rosalina looks photoshopped in

Baby Luigi said:
Meanwhile, where Luigi is...

Also Rosalina looks photoshopped in

Dats the joke, she's not actually in the game

Played the game up to polar land or w/e

the entirety of new donk city

Captain toad returns

And I was able to play most of the game so far together with a friend who’s never played a real video game before outside of Mario Kart and he reminds me of when I tried to play super Mario 64 ds 10 years ago

How is being a Taxi?

pretty amazing character appearance spoiler

Y2vqMbl.jpg

TFW POOCHY IS IN A MAINLINE MARIO TITLE

Well my copy arrived today, played all the way through to the end of new Donk city's story segment.

So far, really loving it.

I'm in the post-game after binging the main story in like 8 hours yesterday. Had some embarrassing deaths but that's par for the course in this series. I absolutely love the game.

Back